Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-17-2017, 06:35 AM   #1
biggestal99

Jersey exchange handle moves up slightly

From 600k to 1100k in the few months.

Most handled track is woodbine followed by Monmouth

That's about 40k a day.

Still a long way to go.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
Fox

You have a source? Thanks Al.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
castaway01

The site has improved but there's still way too much difference in listed post times vs. actual post times and just wrong post times in general where they shut off wagering before the race has gone off. If you bet some smaller American tracks, the race could be over for 15 minutes before you get paid, and the next race will be listed (on the Exchange site) as having gone off already when it's still 10 minutes to post. If you want to play British racing, it's pretty cool. American racing, pretty dysfunctional.

Last edited by castaway01; 08-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Mike_412

This was the article on DRF I believe:

http://www.drf.com/news/handle-nj-ex...t-year-average

I have enjoyed wagering on the exchange, but I agree with Mr. Levin's quote that a lack of premium content has been its largest impediment to growth. I've bet a handful of races at Monmouth, but 95% of my handle has been on Saratoga since it opened. It would have been excellent if their races were on the exchange here like they are in England.

Betfair will be up against it (imo) if the 2% quote in the article being offered to Kentucky Downs is what they are trying to offer to premium tracks. They'll never go for it when Betfair is charging 12% to the average customer. I'm just some internet dope, but an 8-10% take with an equal split to tracks would have made this a more successful venture (and probably included some premium content) at this point in time imo.
Mike_412 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 01:54 AM   #5
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Very limited audience NJ only. You need handle to generate handle
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
o_crunk

Here's more:

In which we learn there are only 400 active users.

IMO - liquidity hasn't increased despite these reported gains. What I think is happening is that there's been more in-play activity. More matched bets in the 1.02 - 1.10 range, where they can juice the handle a bit but the non-in-play handle? I suspect it's not up appreciably since launch, which is a shame because it has so much potential.
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #7
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
The site has improved but there's still way too much difference in listed post times vs. actual post times and just wrong post times in general where they shut off wagering before the race has gone off. If you bet some smaller American tracks, the race could be over for 15 minutes before you get paid, and the next race will be listed (on the Exchange site) as having gone off already when it's still 10 minutes to post. If you want to play British racing, it's pretty cool. American racing, pretty dysfunctional.
actually Betfair almost never shuts off betting before the off in my year on the exchange.

what happens is that racing from the minor signals TVG is a lot of time on a delay. Race goes off and TVG is showing a post parade from NYRA/callie track. Meanwhile Woodbine/Monmouth are off. and TVG shows the race in question on tape delay.

My handle is pretty high, mostly betting horses to lose, I almost never take the price offered unless the book is 97-98%.

Exchange wagering is an acquired taste and takes a LOT of work. and I mean a LOT.

100% not for the novice or beginning bettor.

and to be able to make some nice money the learning curve is high.

I had an advantage as I was thoroughly familiar with the ins and outs of the X before it started in Jersey.

Allan
Old 08-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_crunk View Post
Here's more:

https://twitter.com/BergenBrennan/st...73952198389760

In which we learn there are only 400 active users.

IMO - liquidity hasn't increased despite these reported gains. What I think is happening is that there's been more in-play activity. More matched bets in the 1.02 - 1.10 range, where they can juice the handle a bit but the non-in-play handle? I suspect it's not up appreciably since launch, which is a shame because it has so much potential.
Lets see handle is 40k per day and 400 active users. That's 100 per day per person

Allan