Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #91
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
You have stats?
No...but I watch him early in the week, when I have nothing else to do. His race analysis is comical...and I can use the laugh.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-25-2017 at 02:57 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #92
castaway01

As Andy Asaro has shown literally since he's been involved in the game, with him as a "friend" and self-proclaimed representative of the horseplayer, we don't really need any enemies.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #93
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
No...but I watch him early in the week, when I have nothing else to do. His race analysis is comical...and I can use the laugh.
Fair enough. The only thing that really matters is the numbers...and to be up front I don't have them either.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #94
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Fair enough. The only thing that really matters is the numbers...and to be up front I don't have them either.
To be honest...I have no idea what these on-air personalities are supposed to be doing on the job. Is it really the "numbers" that matter most...or are they supposed to be providing some "direction" for the viewers, by offering a thoughtful pre-race analysis of the race at hand. If I were a beginning player watching TVG...I would be more interested in the THINKING behind the selections...than in the selections themselves.

In either case, TVG could do a much better job...IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-25-2017 at 03:17 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #95
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
To be honest...I have no idea what these on-air personalities are supposed to be doing on the job. Is it really the "numbers" that matter most...or are they supposed to be providing some "direction" for the viewers, by offering a thoughtful pre-race analysis of the race at hand. If I were a beginning player watching TVG...I would be more interested in the THINKING behind the selections...than in the selections themselves.

My guess is that their job is to get you to bet on races through there ADW. I'm not going to pretend I know the right way to do that.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #96
AstrosFan
math/science # cruncher

Quote:

They are hiring and Paul LoDuca's "photo" still appears on the main page

http://jobs.jobvite.com/tvgnetworkbe...s/job/oye15fwC
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:03 PM   #97
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosFan View Post
They are hiring and Paul LoDuca's "photo" still appears on the main page

http://jobs.jobvite.com/tvgnetworkbe...s/job/oye15fwC
I read the entire link that you've posted above...and it says that all TVG prospective employees must be able to "bend, stoop or kneel". I wonder why that is...
Old 09-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #98
jimmyb

I know nothing about copyright law, piracy law or intellectual property law, but a while back a country western star was on his high horse about people selling his cds' used. He felt people should be buying new... wonder why. I don't think he got very far with it.

Why can anyone sell a used car privatly without automakers coming after us?
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #99
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Why can anyone sell a used car privatly without automakers coming after us?
Seriously? You're going to equate the ease and simplicity with which you could copy and distribute PPs, books or software programs, either for free or for profit, with selling a used car?

How about for starters, the automaker isn't negatively impacted by you selling your used car...they don't care.

PPs widely copied and distributed either for free or for profit would definitely negatively impact the PP provider (Equibase/DRF/HDW/etc)...

This is why copyright laws exist...the ease with which one can copy a book or PP or software program, etc...kind of tough to do the same with an automobile (either used or new).
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #100
AndyC

Quote:
And if they used it...then they "broke the law", and they deserve Mr. Free's wrath...RIGHT?

If I were Brad Free, I wouldn't waste my time on such frivolous affairs. I'd brush up on my handicapping...so I don't keep embarrassing myself publicly on my TVG gig.
I think your advice is sound for everybody on this thread.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #101
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Seriously? You're going to equate the ease and simplicity with which you could copy and distribute PPs, books or software programs, either for free or for profit, with selling a used car?

How about for starters, the automaker isn't negatively impacted by you selling your used car...they don't care.

PPs widely copied and distributed either for free or for profit would definitely negatively impact the PP provider (Equibase/DRF/HDW/etc)...

This is why copyright laws exist...the ease with which one can copy a book or PP or software program, etc...kind of tough to do the same with an automobile (either used or new).
I just asked a sincere question Mike.

I said I knew little about law but common sense would tell me that someone who works hard and provides a service or product should be compensated. It;s the American way. No way I would do what Andy did.

Free could have been a little bit more diplomatic, Andy was in the wrong.

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-25-2017 at 04:41 PM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #102
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This whole thing was blown way out of proportion by Andy going public with this.

Nobody really believes Andy is some sort of regular DRF PP pirate...and Andy didn't need to alert the whole world to his little spat.

So I guess what I'm saying is, this thread needs to be closed...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #103
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I never understood the people who so desperately want to label a person a redboarder. Guess I'm naive, but I pretty much believe most everyone when they post about a score here...I've never gone out of my way to discredit someone...what's the point?

I'm not jealous...I'm happy for them...never understood this.
Lighten up, it was just tongue-in-cheek.
Seemed to fit the tone of the thread at the time.

No discredit to Andy or anyone - I have no reason to doubt anyone. I appreciate after the fact comments that make sense, whether a bet was made or not. That one made sense in that race.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #104
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

I would have thought the number on his email list was higher....
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #105
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
This whole thing was blown way out of proportion by Andy going public with this.

Nobody really believes Andy is some sort of regular DRF PP pirate...and Andy didn't need to alert the whole world to his little spat.

So I guess what I'm saying is, this thread needs to be closed...
Yes, please!

By the way, is Andy A. someone in the game or who is special, or thinks he is special? I don't get it.