Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #4831
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Invisible only in the sense that it does not emit or reflect electromagnetic radiation. However, gravitational effects are detectable and in that sense the entire universe is visible at least as far out as the cosmological horizon.
So, we can see gravity?
Old 05-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #4832
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I wouldn't know about that, since you haven't posted any teaching from Jesus about the "real self".
I have but you can't and won't follow. Sorry bout that box.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #4833
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I have but you can't and won't follow. Sorry bout that box.
No, I can't logically follow because you dishonestly lifted that passage out of its context.

Again: A text without its context is a pretext.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #4834
hcap

Quote:
So, we can see gravity?
We can see, feel and measure it's effects.

Drop a heavy safe on your head and find out for yourself.
Please, soon, before I am kicked out of here!
Old 05-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #4835
hcap

Quote:
No, I can't logically follow because you dishonestly lifted that passage out of its context.

Again: A text without its context is a pretext.
It requires you to read the G.I.Gurdjieff story, to understand the larger context of the spirit as depicted in many religious metaphors. Not just the Christian ones.

Just as understanding the age of the universe requires you to know the scientific and mathematical context. The literal bible is not a work of science. For instance, we must understand how telescopes and radio telescopes work, and the know the speed of light to grasp the fuller context of just how old the universe is.

Psst....Didn't your god allow us the ability to reason scientifically and mathematically? Or should we guillotine our heads off. Why are there other ways besides yours? Or should we blind ourselves to all of those as well. Maybe your god was so jealous he did not want another god from stealing us. Right?

Last edited by hcap; 05-13-2020 at 02:12 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #4836
boxcar

Quote:
It requires you to read the G.I.Gurdjieff story, to understand the larger context of the spirit as depicted in many religious metaphors. Not just the Christian ones.
I don't have to read a darn thing, save for the text you quoted out of Mark 13 by which you claimed Jesus was teaching about how to find one's true self, which is pure, unadulterated nonsense. Any moron can lift any text out of context and transform it into a pretext to say whatever he wants.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #4837
hcap

Quote:
I don't have to read a darn thing, save for the text you quoted out of Mark 13 by which you claimed Jesus was teaching about how to find one's true self, which is pure, unadulterated nonsense. Any moron can lift any text out of context and transform it into a pretext to say whatever he wants.
It was in the context of "real self". Remember? Simply because your literal interpretation is too tiny too recognize what Jesus might be saying, let's forget I said anything to upset your shaky narrow foundation.

You will never accept anything other than pablum.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #4838
boxcar

Quote:
It was in the context of "real self". Remember? Simply because your literal interpretation is too tiny too recognize what Jesus might be saying, let's forget I said anything to upset your shaky narrow foundation.

You will never accept anything other than pablum.
No, it is NOT in the context of "'real self'", you deceiver. It is the context of prophecy concerning the end of the Jewish age.

Mark 13:1-4
13:1 As he was leaving the temple, one of his disciples said to him, "Look, Teacher! What massive stones! What magnificent buildings!"

2 "Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew asked him privately, 4 "Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?"

NIV

And,

Mark 13:28-31
28"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 29 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. 30 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
NIV

"These things happening" is everything Jesus predicted between v.5 and v.28.

The passage has absolutely nothing to do with the "real self". It's a prophecy of the Diaspora that was fulfilled in 70 A.D., which indeed was within Jesus' generation, i.e. within 40 years of his contemporaries.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:48 PM   #4839
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
So, we can see gravity?
Yes. Did you get the word about gravitational waves being detected recently? My prediction is somebody's going to get a Nobel Prize for that.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #4840
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Any moron can lift any text out of context and transform it into a pretext to say whatever he wants.
So, you're a moron!

OK! Ad hominem! Sorry! Somebody had to say it!
Old 05-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #4841
boxcar

Quote:
Yes. Did you get the word about gravitational waves being detected recently? My prediction is somebody's going to get a Nobel Prize for that.
That's not what I asked. Can you SEE those waves?
Old 05-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #4842
boxcar

Quote:
So, I'm a moron!

OK! Ad hominem! Sorry! Somebody had to say it!
FTFY.

And just because you stuck on stupid by constantly repeating yourself doesn't make something true no matter how often your repeat it.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #4843
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
That's not what I asked. Can you SEE those waves?
Define SEE.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #4844
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And just because you stuck on stupid by constantly repeating yourself doesn't make something true no matter how often your repeat it.
Pot calling the kettle black! As has been pointed out before argumentum ad nauseam is your speciality.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #4845
boxcar

Quote:
Define SEE.
That's a rather moronic question, isn't it?