Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #46
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData's database

Harry has sent me his latest version of AllData NI pre-2007, which includes "batch processing", and, the new AllData "database" spreadsheet. We have to get together, on the phone, so he can update me on the workings of the database and the integration of the 2 spreadsheets, then I might have to do some "eye candy" mods, then we finalize the version, I have to write a help file for it, and then, finally, I will release it for beta testing on the AllData website.

We've been anxiously awaiting this moment. I'm excited!!

Please join me in wishing Harry a speedy solution to, and, recovery from some quite serious eye problems, which severely hamper his ability to see, especially computer stuff.

Get well soon, Harry!!!!

PS: If you haven't noticed, there's a new addition to my signature, a link to my new forum, dedicated to Excel spreadsheet handicapping. Check it out and register! It's brand new so we need some new members. Join up!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 09-09-2010 at 10:21 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #47
headhawg
crusty old guy

Hope you feel better soon Harry.

It's great to see more progress being made on the Excel front. It's amazing what Ray and Harry (and others) can do with Excel. One day I'll get better at it; it's on my to-do list.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #48
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
Hope you feel better soon Harry.

It's great to see more progress being made on the Excel front. It's amazing what Ray and Harry (and others) can do with Excel. One day I'll get better at it; it's on my to-do list.
HH,

Yes, progress has been delayed as the batch processing and database portions were our next step, but, due to Harry's eye problems he was severely hampered, regarding his ability to work on the spreadsheets.

As I noted above, I've started a spreadheet handicapper's forum, dedicated to all those Excel users out there who have been looking for a forum where they can discuss issues and offer solutions to others.

We would be very happy to have you as a member!

The link to the forum is in my signature.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #49
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData NI _Batch version

The latest version of AllData NI is the "batch processing" version. It also includes my latest stuff, the distance equalized times and TPR ratings, and a new Summary view for those 2 methods, with a pace pressure gauge that projects today's races' likely winning running style(s).

I have sent the completed version back to Harry, for his perusal. Once he looks it over and gives me the "OK", I'll release it, on the AllData website. I'll write a help file for the new stuff, with screenshots.

After our users have had a little time to get familiar with the "batch" version of AllData NI, I'll release the new database program to be used in conjunction with AllData NI Batch.xls. A help file will also be created for it.

The batch version should be released shortly.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #50
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData NI Batch released

The download for AllData NI Batch version has been uploaded to the AllData website along with some explanations for the new stuff. Still gotta get with Harry and talk about batch processing so I can write the help file for that portion, but the equalized times and TPR ratings are in the new version.

Here's the link to the website, go to the AllData NI Batch page:

AllData

Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #51
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Batch version bug fix

Harry and I both found some minor bugs and added a couple of macro buttons on the "Batch" version, so, everyone who has already downloaded "AllData NI Pre2007 Batch.zip" need to re-download the fixed version. The name of the download is the same as it was, so, make sure you delete the original one or otherwise replace it with the new one.

The new one is uploaded to the "AllData NI Batch" page.

AllData Excel

Old 12-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #52
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Batch version update

Another bug was reported by one of our users, involving "scratched" horses, from imported results files, showing up in the "Summary" views.

Harry fixed the bug and sent me the new version.

Please go to the AllDataExcel.Weebly.com site, "AllData NI Batch-Download" page and download the "fixed" version, "AllData NI Pre2007_Batch_v2.zip".

Also, check out a test I, and my racing partner, ran at Delta Downs yesterday, using the "fixed" version, AllData NI Batch v2. The test was for my own personal "auto-paceline selection" settings.

Screenshots of the test are in the process of being posted to my "AllDataExcel.Freeforums.org" site, in the "AllData Selections" section. I posted the 1st 5 races this morning and will be posting the remaining races this afternoon and evening.

Very close to being a "black box" method! Trust me when I say that the contender selections were done in "real time" yesterday. The results file was downloaded today to enable the screenshots being posted to the forum.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #53
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData Database

The AllData Database release has been delayed due to some problems I encountered on my machine that Harry is not seeing on his. I'm not sure if it is an Excel version configuration problem or what.

I'll release it as soon as I can get it to run properly on my machine.

The Database runs in conjunction with AllData NI Pre2007 Batch v2, while running in "Batch processing" mode. The racecards are batch processed along with their respective results files, in AllData NI Batch, saved to an output file, then the output file is imported into the Database for analysis.

There are over 60 factors that can be filtered, as well as combinations of those individual factors. The database can be "sectioned" enabling both "historical" research, as well as running against "fresh" race cards for analysis of the viability of saved settings successfully carrying forward.

Harry (Hcap) has done a heck of a job on both AllData NI and the Database!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #54
barshoe

help

i need some help trying to use alldata must not doing something right .. cant get to work...went to the website and did everything and no luck..HELP HELP THANKS...

Last edited by barshoe; 12-19-2010 at 03:16 PM.
barshoe is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #55
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by barshoe
i need some help trying to use alldata must not doing something right .. cant get to work...went to the website and did everything and no luck..HELP HELP THANKS...
Barshoe,

What problem are you having?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #56
barshoe

well i donwloader everything that i should cant upload my bris pp..
Old 12-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #57
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by barshoe
well i donwloader everything that i should cant upload my bris pp..
make sure you have created 2 new folders on your C drive, named: tsn1, and, tsnresults1.

The path should be :

C:\tsn1
C:\tsnresults1

Then, in AllData NI, on the "Main" sheet, cells K2 and K3, the paths should look like this:

C:\tsn1\
C:\tsnresults1\

In AllDataBase, sheet "D", cells Z1 and Z2, the paths should be the same:

C:\tsn1\
C:\tsnresults1\

Place only "unzipped" race card files (.drf, or .mcp) in the tsn1 folder, and, only "unzipped" Exotic results files (.xrd) in the tsnresults1 folder.

Do not combine more than 1 year in either folder, unless you're absolutely sure that none of the files are named the same but are from 2 different years. This will cause errors in the importing of the files. If you have different years data from the same track, it's best to create 2 folders for each year and place the correct year's files in each. You can rename your data folders anything you want, but make sure you change the folder paths in both AllData NI and AllDataBase, so they import the correct years' data files. You could rename them something like:

tsn1_2009
tsnresults1_2009

and

tsn1_2010
tsnresults1_2010

Let me know if you still can't get the import to work.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #58
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllDataBase_v1 released

The new database, to work with AllData NI_Batch, named "AllDataBase_v1", has been uploaded on my AllDataExcel.weebly.com site, "AllDataBase" page, along with basic instructions on the operation of the database. There are screenshots, within the instructions, to make understanding them easier.

Have fun!!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #59
barshoe

THANKS...MERRY XMAS TO ALL...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData NI_Pre2007_Batch update

We found an error in AllData NI Batch after AllDataBase was released, that affected the placement of Brisnet's "E2" figure for distances under 5.5f. This affected the calculations for Harry's "P2" factor in AllDataBase.

So, please go to my website and re-download "AllData NI_Pre2007_Batch_v2" to get these corrections. "AllDataBase" does not need to be re-downloaded. We'll let it go a little farther in beta testing before uploading an update for it, the correction in AllData NI_Pre2007_Batch_v2 fixed the "P2" calculation error.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: