Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #76
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I do not know, maybe old colt's are different?

https://www.koat.com/article/gun-use...erque/38085703

A little research makes it look like a fixed cylinder gate loading single action, I am not familiar with revolvers that old. That demonstration showed two locking positions for the hammer, so if Baldwin never squeezed the trigger that gun had to fire at less than half cocked, still seems unlikely to me. No idea if that would rotate the barrel on that gun, can't tell from the video.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #77
OntheRail

Quote:
I do not know, maybe old colt's are different?

https://www.koat.com/article/gun-use...erque/38085703
yep single action where as the S&W 19 is a double.

So basically and I bet this will be proved out by B roll. Baldwin fanned the hammer. I'll bet he had his finger inside the guard resting up against the trigger. While pulling back the hammer moves the trigger a bit forward setting it. If it is held back the hammer just drops under full spring tension. So he may think he did not "PULL' the trigger but by impeding its movement from locking and just releasing the hammer instead of easing it down, he did fire the weapon.

Either way it shows a total lack of gun safety on his part... 1st not confirming guns condition. 2nd unfamiliar with basic operation of the gun in his hand. 3rdly pointing it at a person.

Then the POS tried to place blame on the victim saying she directed him to pull the hammer back. Like I mentioned a real POS that Baldwin is. He can wipe all the fake tears he can muster don't change the fact he killed her.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #78
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
yep single action where as the S&W 19 is a double.

So basically and I bet this will be proved out by B roll. Baldwin fanned the hammer. I'll bet he had his finger inside the guard resting up against the trigger. While pulling back the hammer moves the trigger a bit forward setting it. If it is held back the hammer just drops under full spring tension. So he may think he did not "PULL' the trigger but by impeding its movement from locking and just releasing the hammer instead of easing it down, he did fire the weapon.

Either way it shows a total lack of gun safety on his part... 1st not confirming guns condition. 2nd unfamiliar with basic operation of the gun in his hand. 3rdly pointing it at a person.

Then the POS tried to place blame on the victim saying she directed him to pull the hammer back. Like I mentioned a real POS that Baldwin is. He can wipe all the fake tears he can muster don't change the fact he killed her.

Thanks, I only fired a single action revolver during a day of shooting cans in High School. That was a long time ago, I have no recollection of how they work. Can you rapid fire them by fanning the hammer?
Old 12-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #79
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Thanks, I only fired a single action revolver during a day of shooting cans in High School. That was a long time ago, I have no recollection of how they work. Can you rapid fire them by fanning the hammer?
Yep that's why the call it fanning the hammer. This action is done by holding down the trigger on a single action revolver, and then rapidly pulling back the hammer. With the trigger under pressure, the hammer will quickly drop on to the next round, and when repeated, can discharge the firearm in rapid succession.

Go watch any Eastwood movie. John Wayne rarely did it.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #80
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Yep that's why the call it fanning the hammer. This action is done by holding down the trigger on a single action revolver, and then rapidly pulling back the hammer. With the trigger under pressure, the hammer will quickly drop on to the next round, and when repeated, can discharge the firearm in rapid succession.

Go watch any Eastwood movie. John Wayne rarely did it.

Speaking of Clint Eastwood, I always wanted a Dirty Harry S&W model 29 with a 8 3/8" barrel. I didn't get any stimulus checks, I would have bought one with the free money if I did, damn things cost around $2k these days.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:39 PM   #81
Inner Dirt

I watched the 20/20 on the Rust shooting, and it showed what they use for dummy rounds. They are nothing but an off the shelf live round with a hole drilled in the side of the brass, the powder drained out, and a BB installed.
The person loading the gun is supposed to shake each one to make sure they rattle before they put them in a gun.

Why can't they pull prints off the shells, or is it rare to get a good one?
Old 12-16-2021, 09:57 PM   #82
davew

sheriff wants Baldwins phone ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Rust-set.html
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2022, 05:43 AM   #83
davew

still has not got the phone ... bankrupt him then jail him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...win-phone.html
Old 01-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #84
Inner Dirt

Quote:
still has not got the phone ... bankrupt him then jail him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...win-phone.html

I know the cell service provider will have a call record, do they have a record of texts?
Old 03-29-2022, 08:45 PM   #85
davew

Hilaria is expecting their 7th child.

I did not realize she is 25 years younger than Alec.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:25 PM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Hilaria is expecting their 7th child.

I did not realize she is 25 years younger than Alec.
Looks like old Alex still isn't firing blanks!
Old 03-30-2022, 01:01 AM   #87
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Looks like old Alex still isn't firing blanks!
Or she's using a Stud Double...
Old 08-14-2022, 07:37 PM   #88
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222800760.html

Quote:
Alec Baldwin must have pulled the trigger on a revolver in the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust” last year, according to an FBI forensics report.

The feds found that the old school weapon, a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver, could not be fired without someone pulling the trigger, ABC News reported Friday.

Investigators found that an accidental discharge was impossible in the quarter-cock, half-cock and full cock hammer positions, according to ABC News.

The gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” FBI investigators wrote.

Baldwin, 64, claimed that he cocked the hammer but never pulled the trigger on the gun before it fired a single bullet that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on the western set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Maybe he can ask for mercy based on the fact he did all those awesome Trump impressions on Saturday Night Live?
Old 09-27-2022, 02:50 AM   #89
davew

prosecutor in county of shooting asking for $650,000 for 4 jury trials related to the homicide. Alec could be jailed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-battles.html
Old 09-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #90
Inner Dirt

I hope he is found guilty and they take him for a good chunk of money. I don't give two craps about Hollywood prop protocol, the person who has a gun in their hand is responsible for it. He didn't follow gun safety I was taught when I was 7. Wasn't he in charge of the production? He needs criminal charges also, he keeps blaming everyone but himself, screw him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: