Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:54 PM   #7021
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

One of my pet-peeves is: people that let their email boxes get completely full, so it won't accept one more email.

Who does that? In this day and age one of the main forms of communication is with email. How can someone not EVER clean up their in box, spam, saved mail, etc? Even once or twice a year is fine.

What's even funnier (okay it's a pain in the @$$) is when some hapless individual orders something to arrive in a link in his email...and said hapless knucklehead has never maintained his email acct.

Alright, glad I got that off my chest.

One other thing: Senor Ponyplayer - your email is full

I'll probably get a sh*tty answer back
Old 05-06-2021, 07:14 PM   #7022
OzYank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
One of my pet-peeves is: people that let their email boxes get completely full, so it won't accept one more email.

Who does that? In this day and age one of the main forms of communication is with email. How can someone not EVER clean up their in box, spam, saved mail, etc? Even once or twice a year is fine.

What's even funnier (okay it's a pain in the @$$) is when some hapless individual orders something to arrive in a link in his email...and said hapless knucklehead has never maintained his email acct.

Surprised they let it get so full too...... I must admit though I have a separate email that I only use for buying crap online and when I get the receipt and tracking emailed there I send it to my regular email and leave the other one to keep getting all the dam spam and advertising emails. I do go in and delete from time to time but to my knowledge never been near any type of limit to make it full.

You sir, have my real day-to-day email address so if I start getting extra spam I will blame you hahahaha

hahahahahahaha
Old 05-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #7023
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzYank View Post
Surprised they let it get so full too...... I must admit though I have a separate email that I only use for buying crap online and when I get the receipt and tracking emailed there I send it to my regular email and leave the other one to keep getting all the dam spam and advertising emails. I do go in and delete from time to time but to my knowledge never been near any type of limit to make it full.

You sir, have my real day-to-day email address so if I start getting extra spam I will blame you hahahaha

hahahahahahaha
LMAO I did the same thing, once...had a "real" email address, and another I gave out to anyone that asked for it. I'm slightly absent-minded, though...and forgot the password for the "dummy" acct. Being a lazy sumbitch, I just dropped the dummy acct and everything goes to my regular acct.

THAT'S WHY I clean out my email regularly...out of necessity.

And it's never been full
Old 05-07-2021, 01:41 AM   #7024
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

SA TOP-2 POWER 5-7

Looking kinda skimpy there at Santa Anita Friday.

Using both top power picks--I see the makings of a few exotic plays up there...especially the late pick-4. A 50cent 2-horse-per race ticket will only run you $8, leaving you something to bet on that long shot, and anything else that catches your eye.

Good luck,

-NCG

--nothing listed for the 2nd race--it's for 2yo 1st timers.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #7025
upthecreek

Quote:

Like I said NOT FULL

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2021-05-07-08-39-51-1.png (19.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #7026
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Like I said NOT FULL

Is using your email acct for storage a good idea? This isn't the first rejected email, I assure you.

-NCG
Old 05-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #7027
upthecreek

Quote:
Is using your email acct for storage a good idea? This isn't the first rejected email, I assure you.

-NCG
I assure you that it is. Some of your emails get rejected because of certain extensions

And unlike Hillary Clinton, I don't delete emails.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #7028
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

SA late Pick-4 5-8

If I HAD blown this...I know I would be in good company, because every horse player that ever placed a bet has blown big money by trying to "lighten the load" by a couple bucks. Makes perfect sense, when it works.

*btw...got a couple overseas orders today--one from the UK, and the other from Oz.

Thanks, mates

Best of Luck,

-NCG
Old 05-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #7029
OzYank

WOOHOO AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE..... Oi Oi Oi !!!!

My fellow countrymen getting into the action..... I would love to use your software on aussie horseracing....I wonder if I already can get files in the same Bris file format.....
Anyway who knows someday when I retire back home in the land downunder I will still be using this software.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:42 AM   #7030
Vinnie

Very Nice plays Greg! Excellent Hits with the Exotic Bets Program. Believe me when I tell you, I have been there with the cheaper ticket many more times than I care to remember over the years. Ugh!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 05-09-2021, 01:46 AM   #7031
oughtoh

Nice hit Greg.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:44 PM   #7032
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Speed Blast

The Platinum Program has an early speed rating called "Speed Blast". The goal was to attempt to identify the horse that should get the early lead, or be right there, at first call. You may be surprised at the winners that are at the head of the pack, early on.

With that top rating alone, and no other requirements...I went through today's sprints (at the tracks I have data for) curious to see if anything can be learned from this exercise.

What I'm hoping for--is a longshot method hidden in these. Perhaps a winner, who also was tops in another area might be something.

Anyway...this is the kind of stuff I look at--and figured there might be someone else interested in this. I've done no scratches.

BEL
2ND TUFF BIRD 5/2
4TH ACTION POTENTIAL 10-1
8TH AMERICAN GENTLEMAN 12-1
9TH SOCIAL WHIRL 12-1

CDX
1ST DIAMOND STATE 9/5
3RD BAYTOWN WARRIOR 15-1
7TH D'RAPPER 5/2

GPX
1ST NUREYEV'S DREAM 4-1
2ND CAPTURED BY FAITH 4-1
4TH MAMA LONGLEGS 8-1
9TH RUNNIN FOR RIZ 6-1

MNR
2ND CAPTAIN YENNER 12-1
3RD SHARP MOVE 3-1

SAX
5TH ROYAL TRUMP 8-1
6TH TOOK CHARGE 9/5
9TH FRATELLI 5-1

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 05-09-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #7033
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

...down goes 1abalone

The "Showvivors" contest at SA was mentioned earlier--the main contest being the player that can hit the longest show streak.
Thus, the name "Showvivors".

At the time we talked about it--a player named "1abalone" had an incredible 38 (and counting) show streak going. He had it all the way up to 44, until his 45th pick didn't hit the board this past weekend.

Unbelievably, he may not even win the show streak contest.

Although funnyhoney2's streak also came to an end-- Bertrando11 and Long Beach Steve are still in play. With plenty of time left in the meet one, or both could possibly win it.

My streak ended just a little shorter...at 4, or possibly 5
Old 05-10-2021, 06:34 AM   #7034
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
The "Showvivors" contest at SA was mentioned earlier--the main contest being the player that can hit the longest show streak.
Thus, the name "Showvivors".

At the time we talked about it--a player named "1abalone" had an incredible 38 (and counting) show streak going. He had it all the way up to 44, until his 45th pick didn't hit the board this past weekend.

Unbelievably, he may not even win the show streak contest.

Although funnyhoney2's streak also came to an end-- Bertrando11 and Long Beach Steve are still in play. With plenty of time left in the meet one, or both could possibly win it.

My streak ended just a little shorter...at 4, or possibly 5
Does SA have a $$ prize for the winner(s) 1-2-3? I think it's a great idea especially for newbie's to play.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #7035
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Does SA have a $$ prize for the winner(s) 1-2-3? I think it's a great idea especially for newbie's to play.
Yes Trace, there are cash prizes awarded:

Prizes
Longest Show Streak: $2,500
Longest Win Streak: $1,000
Most Total Wins: $500
Total Win Earnings: $500
Highest Single Win Payout: $500
Monthly Win Earnings: Free entry to Santa Anita’s next $500 Live-Money Contest. One winner per month.

The bragging rights are as important as the cash.
Closed Thread