Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #16
46zilzal
velocitician

everyone? hardly
Old 12-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #17
CheckMark

Mayfield has been signed to the LA Rams and will be a likely candidate to start on Thursday vs the Raiders

I hope the rams start him and sit Wolford or else that’s embarrassing to the team to sign a player like Mayfield and don’t start him over a backup QB that has only started because of the starting qb being out

Back to the Russ situation, I hope he can improve and makes his mental health a priority over football right now because he still has a place in my heart even though he’s on a different team and not playing like he should be. I still chuckle with each broncos loss that they get because we have their #1 pick in the upcoming draft so we can use it on a solid offensive player like a running back or lineman.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #18
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think the Deshaun Watson trade has the potential to top it. I know he put up video game numbers in the years at Houston, but two years off and CLEVELAND could be his undoing, and opposing fans are going to be harassing the hell out of him.

It think one of the worst trades I can remember is the 49ers trading 5 high draft picks for a washed up OJ. Amazing that they recovered so quickly from that.
Ill do you one better...how about an entire draft for Ricky Williams????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #19
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I was trying to think of that one the other day when Dirt posted; didn't bother to research it at the time, but I knew there was an all-in for one guy deal, that was it. What a character that Ricky turned out to be.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2022, 08:54 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Ill do you one better...how about an entire draft for Ricky Williams????

That was a stupid trade, but the Redskins didn't exactly take advantage of the picks.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2022, 06:21 PM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

I’m not that surprised by Geno or Baker. Some of these guys are almost doomed from the team that picks them . The Jets and Browns go thru QBs like pairs of socks. I mean, Mayfield was labeled a head case so the Browns go pay a zillion for the guy that’s suspended 3/4 of a season . They are just a bumbling organization. Geno showed flashes when he came in for Russ. That coach knew he had something sitting on the bench long before he took over . Same thing with the Rams coach . These are guys that know WTF they are doing . Baker goes from Cleveland to Carolina . Another team that’s ridiculous with QB’s. He looked better in one game with the Rams than he has in two years . Plus, letting him play hurt last year was …… well …. Clevlandish! Lol. Both these guys get a fair shot where they landed as long as they don’t mess it up . As a QB you can land in Death Valley on some of these teams .

Last edited by burnsy; 12-10-2022 at 06:23 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2022, 07:47 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

The most one sided trade in history was probably Herschel Walker to Minnesota from Dallas as it was a boat load of picks that the Cowboys scored on.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply