Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Versajoe

The Red Mile

Does anyone play this track? I played it last night, and I actually enjoyed it. It's a mile, which is nice. And call me crazy, but it's a gorgeous track.

The problem is that the horses aren't exactly the cream of the crop.

I did okay. They have 50 cent trifectas, and $1 exactas, which is nice for a newbie like me. I picked some contenders for sure, but didn't hit anything big.

Best of all, they had 20 races on the card for Sunday night. Is this common? I see they have less on Monday, but I was shocked when I saw 20 races.

You have to handicap ahead of time because there is very little time between races.
Versajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versajoe
Does anyone play this track? I played it last night, and I actually enjoyed it. It's a mile, which is nice. And call me crazy, but it's a gorgeous track.

The problem is that the horses aren't exactly the cream of the crop.

I did okay. They have 50 cent trifectas, and $1 exactas, which is nice for a newbie like me. I picked some contenders for sure, but didn't hit anything big.

Best of all, they had 20 races on the card for Sunday night. Is this common? I see they have less on Monday, but I was shocked when I saw 20 races.

You have to handicap ahead of time because there is very little time between races.
Hey Versajoe, I am glad you like that track, It is a very beautiful place, I have played there, live and in person a couple of times, but these days, for what it is worth, I think, if you are trying to seriously learn this game, I would say this is not the place to learn......Too many cheap horses, mostly the sick, lame and lazy....too many weak trainers and drivers....Far too many inconsistencies for my taste........that doesn't mean you can't win there, it's just that there are many predicted outcomes that don't materialize as expected, so for me, screw that.........

best,