Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-19-2022, 12:04 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Brutal hypocrisy

Old 06-19-2022, 12:33 AM   #2
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Their Arrogance is nauseating. The Country is on fire in so many ways since they took over...yet these condescending Assholes never pass up an opportunity to lecture everybody.

What is the difference between Bodily Autonomy regarding Abortion as opposed to Vaccine Mandates? There is nothing subjective about the definition of the word Autonomy. It is absolute.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:50 AM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Their Arrogance is nauseating. The Country is on fire in so many ways since they took over...yet these condescending Assholes never pass up an opportunity to lecture everybody.

What is the difference between Bodily Autonomy regarding Abortion as opposed to Vaccine Mandates? There is nothing subjective about the definition of the word Autonomy. It is absolute.
Yep……..great point
Old 06-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post

The BS I always hear is abortion only effects the individual, while not getting vaccinated effects everyone you come in contact with. That argument is no longer valid as the Covid vaccine does not stop the virus from spreading. Of course they keep with their no longer valid argument, oblivious that the vaccine is close to useless.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 02:20 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The BS I always hear is abortion only effects the individual, while not getting vaccinated effects everyone you come in contact with. That argument is no longer valid as the Covid vaccine does not stop the virus from spreading. Of course they keep with their no longer valid argument, oblivious that the vaccine is close to useless.
the vaccine is close to useless.

I was fully vaccinated. I just got over COVID.

Vaccine didn't do squat in protecting me against coming down with the disease.

Pretty sure every vaccine in the past (including the Flu vaccines) are designed to PREVENT you from coming down with a disease.

Except the COVID vaccine.

They knew they were pretty clueless still when it came to this technology they've been working on UNSUCCESSFULLY for at least a decade...but they put it out there anyway, and LIED to people on top of that.

Biden, the POTUS, telling people if you get the vaccine, YOU WON'T GET COVID.

Total lie.

But that's how they sold it in the beginning. These shots will prevent you from getting COVID. And then when that didn't work out too well, they moved the goalposts to...well...it will prevent you from being hospitalized...and when THAT didn't work out too well, they moved the goalposts again to...well...it will prevent you from dying.

Dying from what? The disease or the vaccine itself?

Ever notice how many young "famous" people are dying lately? It's insane. I get news alerts on my phone all the time about the latest "celebrity" under 30 who just dropped dead for no apparent reason.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
the vaccine is close to useless.

I was fully vaccinated. I just got over COVID.

Vaccine didn't do squat in protecting me against coming down with the disease.

Pretty sure every vaccine in the past (including the Flu vaccines) are designed to PREVENT you from coming down with a disease.

Except the COVID vaccine.

They knew they were pretty clueless still when it came to this technology they've been working on UNSUCCESSFULLY for at least a decade...but they put it out there anyway, and LIED to people on top of that.

Biden, the POTUS, telling people if you get the vaccine, YOU WON'T GET COVID.

Total lie.

But that's how they sold it in the beginning. These shots will prevent you from getting COVID. And then when that didn't work out too well, they moved the goalposts to...well...it will prevent you from being hospitalized...and when THAT didn't work out too well, they moved the goalposts again to...well...it will prevent you from dying.

Dying from what? The disease or the vaccine itself?

Ever notice how many young "famous" people are dying lately? It's insane. I get news alerts on my phone all the time about the latest "celebrity" under 30 who just dropped dead for no apparent reason.

Same here but I had it over a year ago, symptoms weren't that bad but it hung on for like 6 weeks. Of all the people I know personally and what people have shared here and on another website I frequent, 90% of the people who got Covid were jabbed twice or more.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

My fever was gone in 2-3 days, but the cough and some congestion hung on for over 2 weeks...I just stopped coughing today....

The cough was pretty brutal at night...word to the wise: HYDROCODONE cough syrup is the BOMB.

If you have COVID and a cough, get a prescription. It's the only thing that worked at night. Delsym didn't do squat.
Old 06-19-2022, 03:05 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh, and I still can't smell certain things...which at times is a good thing...
Old 06-19-2022, 08:49 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
We finished Covid Dec 26, 2020.
11 Days later, on my birthday, I realized I had no sense of taste or smell.

In the time between then and now, my taste would come & go, in varying degrees. One day I would have 90% taste, the next day it would be 5%.

Once I was eating a corned beef & pastrami sandwich. OMG it was amazing for the 1st 2 bites, but on the 3rd bite I tasted nothing.

Salt was the same way. I once tested a teaspoon of salt in my mouth. Could not taste it at all. (Did spit it out.)

Now, the good news...
About 2 months ago - 14 months after losing it - it came back. Still goes away on certain foods, but for all practical purposes, it's back.

So, PA... If yours is gone, really may come back.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 10:31 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
We finished Covid Dec 26, 2020.
11 Days later, on my birthday, I realized I had no sense of taste or smell.

In the time between then and now, my taste would come & go, in varying degrees. One day I would have 90% taste, the next day it would be 5%.

Once I was eating a corned beef & pastrami sandwich. OMG it was amazing for the 1st 2 bites, but on the 3rd bite I tasted nothing.

Salt was the same way. I once tested a teaspoon of salt in my mouth. Could not taste it at all. (Did spit it out.)

Now, the good news...
About 2 months ago - 14 months after losing it - it came back. Still goes away on certain foods, but for all practical purposes, it's back.

So, PA... If yours is gone, really may come back.
From the begining when Covid-19 had yet to be named, both the wife and I use the saying that it tastes like Sara Lee. Real cold seltzer water, steak, and high end egg rolls taste as they should. I am down to 185 pounds with the target of 175. We were able to lose weight because of loss of taste and salads with some fetta cheese. I was a big eater before, and drank too much coffee. Today I do an occassional medium ice coffee, but i also switched to black tea for the losing weight.

Last edited by fast4522; 06-19-2022 at 10:36 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 10:40 PM   #11
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I think the Veep in the original post was more concerned with her windblown hair than making a cogent statement. But that's par on her Putt-Putt course.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 11:52 PM   #12
Elkchester Road

Quote:
I had the same problem after catching the Delta Variant around Thanksgiving last year. I never lost my sense of taste, though.
Old 06-20-2022, 12:41 AM   #13
woodbinepmi

I didn't lose my sense of taste either, but my mouth felt for the next 3 months as if I was having someone pouring salt into my mouth all the time. It was horrible!
Old 06-20-2022, 01:14 AM   #14
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
I didn't lose my sense of taste either, but my mouth felt for the next 3 months as if I was having someone pouring salt into my mouth all the time. It was horrible!

woodbinepmi...that had to be brutal.

I also did not really lose any appetite during this time...but over a two-month period I lost 15 lbs.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #15
wisconsin

Had it week after New Year's, horrible fever on the first night, just felt week for several days, then lost sense of taste and smell for a week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: