Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
chrisl

Done with Nascar

After watching the pre race show yesterday. I could not believe it. They were licking the boots of Antifa and the BLM. It was terrible how they were crying about Mr.Floyd. Calling the rioters, demonstrators. Not one word about the officers who were killed, just that the police force needs to be stopped. What a show of BS. How America is so racist. Never watch a race again.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
After watching the pre race show yesterday. I could not believe it. They were licking the boots of Antifa and the BLM. It was terrible how they were crying about Mr.Floyd. Calling the rioters, demonstrators. Not one word about the officers who were killed, just that the police force needs to be stopped. What a show of BS. How America is so racist. Never watch a race again.
2nd.

Years back they caved to Jesse Jackson. Gave him 500k

Last I heard they were giving the Rainbow coalition 250k a year, still.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
highernote

Quote:
I doubt that everyone at NASCAR feels the same way.

NASCAR is a dying sport. The executives knows they need to find new fans.

This is no different than the NY Times becoming more conservative. It's a business and they are going to serve what their customers want.

There are very few Steve Jobs in the world who can give their customers products they will want before they know they want them.

Most businesses react rather than anticipate.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The NY Times becoming more conservative? If you're going to make a comparison, choose something believably reality-based.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NY Times conservative?
NYT just forced a guy out because he defended free speech in an op-ed....NYT is moving towards PRAVDA, nothing else - controlled speech, controlled new, NYT needs to be investigated by the House of Un-American Activities.

And as far as those out spreading a deadly pandemic the past two weeks, I doubt many of them rush home to watch NASCAR. Closest they get to a car is to light it on fire.

NASCAR should lose a lot of viewers over this.
They job is entertainment, NOT social commentary.

Vroom Vroom Vroom , now shut up and drive.

Last edited by Tom; 06-08-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:34 PM   #6
Marshall Bennett

Local news station here in Houston is referring to Floyd as America's favorite son. Wonder where else this stupid crap has caught on.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:55 PM   #7
davew

the NFL is also becoming more WOKE
Old 06-08-2020, 11:03 PM   #8
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Local news station here in Houston is referring to Floyd as America's favorite son. Wonder where else this stupid crap has caught on.
I watched a leader of Floyd's hometown call him "A respected pillar in there community" and we looked up to him.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #9
TJDave

Quote:
Has the quality of racing declined?

I like most racing. Stock, open-wheel, rally, sports, drag...

As long as it doesn’t affect the end product, I don’t care about the politics.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #10
clicknow

Spectatorless and/or closed horse racing tracks, as well as moving races to different dates, is a form of social commentary, not to mention a reaction to CDC recommendations, which have become "political".

If you don't believe in the recommendations, which horse racing tracks will you be cutting out of your life?

And would that include race tracks where employees, jockeys, gate guys, jockey agents, trainers, and/or backside workers are being asked to wear masks?

Last edited by clicknow; 06-08-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #11
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post

Did they bother to mention Floyd's conviction for an armed home invasion robbery of a pregnant woman & his subsequent 7 year sentence?
Closed Thread