Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-29-2022, 11:32 AM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post
IDK, I'm not brave enough yet to put money on the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, but they're good enough to overcome their own mistakes. Miami and Dallas deserve respect, and....I just can't get excited about Philly.

Have you watched Jalen Hurts lately? The guy runs like a spooked deer and becomes better as a passer each and every week.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2022, 04:49 PM   #32
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Have you watched Jalen Hurts lately? The guy runs like a spooked deer and becomes better as a passer each and every week.
I love that mental image, and yeah, I probably haven't paid enough attention. I've been busy weeping over the Steelers and the Jaguars.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2022, 12:31 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I love that mental image, and yeah, I probably haven't paid enough attention. I've been busy weeping over the Steelers and the Jaguars.

I think there is hope for both those teams, one rookie Qb on Pitt that seems to show signs of improvement, and a second year QB on the Jags showing flashes of brilliance. They just need to clean up the bonehead plays.

As for Hurts so far what defenses have tried to corral him, have failed. Remember when Kap and RG3 were all the rage? Hurts is now past in game starts where those guys were already figured out and relegated to being bottom 10 or less QBs. Hurts sees the field a lot better than those guys and seems to process what he sees at lightning speed. If they spy or try to bookend him he will throw to the voids left in the defense, something those other duel threat guys couldn't do. He is pretty good at protecting himself, but for long term health he needs to cut down on the running. Hurts is only behind Mahomes in MVP odds.

I am glad I picked Philly to win that division, so I have kept a close eye on that team, allowing me to appreciate what a talent that guy has, giving the Eagles a very bright future.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:00 PM   #34
sharkey11

zip and 2 for lucky week 13 ouch brings us to 7-7-2 for season and -60 for total week 14 taking minny +1- and dont laugh hou at +17 dollar each ps time to fade ? gl all
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
zip and 2 for lucky week 13 ouch brings us to 7-7-2 for season and -60 for total week 14 taking minny +1- and dont laugh hou at +17 dollar each ps time to fade ? gl all

Not laughing but anybody but the Cowboys catching 17. Dallas has no problem beating the snot out of teams and leaving the starting skill players in till late or the end while doing it. As for Minnesota their fate for play-off position is already pretty much sealed. Philly is a game up for top seed, only has one tough game left and owns the tie breaker, SF, Seattle, and TB aren't catching them for the #2 spot. Detroit has won 4 of 5 with the only loss in that stretch a 3 point loss to Buffalo. I would just pass those games.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:10 PM   #36
sharkey11

i see your points and they are very good ones . but the scoring patterns Ive been using dictate the bets i make but im surely not backing up the truck to unload on any of these. and to your point i should pass them too . oh well bets are down hope to get lucky. best of luck .
Old 12-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #37
Someday Silent

After watching the Panthers beat Seahawks decisively, the Chiefs win but give up 28 points to Broncos, and the Cowboys barely survive over the Texans... things have gotten very interesting.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:54 AM   #38
CheckMark

Quote:
After watching the Panthers beat Seahawks decisively, the Chiefs win but give up 28 points to Broncos, and the Cowboys barely survive over the Texans... things have gotten very interesting.
Texans leading a halftime had me laughing and still laughing when the Cowgirls couldn’t even cover the -17 nice wager if you had that or 1H ML on Texans.

The chiefs/broncos game my ats contest pick was the -8.5 chiefs would have been an easy game I thought but they kept giving up points and never covered.

The Seahawks game was downright embarrassing since I’m a Seahawks fan so it would have been good to get a win and keep out hopes alive for the playoffs but now we have a hard schedule coming up so the playoff run is working extra hard now.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:22 AM   #39
sharkey11

week 15 try chi+9 for a buckaroo 8-8-2 for season down 70 . rough the nfl is thats no lie . good luck 2 all
Old 12-13-2022, 11:01 AM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post

The Seahawks game was downright embarrassing since I’m a Seahawks fan so it would have been good to get a win and keep out hopes alive for the playoffs but now we have a hard schedule coming up so the playoff run is working extra hard now.

The Panthers have strangely improved after firing the coach and trading away Christian McCaffery, they are no longer an easy out. Seattle is in a 4 way battle for two wild card spots. They are one game up and have the tie breaker on Detroit. 1/2 game back on both Washington and New York who play each other this Sunday and tied last time. None of those 4 teams has an easy schedule. I think the Hawks sneak in at the #7 spot.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #41
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
week 15 try chi+9 for a buckaroo 8-8-2 for season down 70 . rough the nfl is thats no lie . good luck 2 all

Trying to win week to week is a tough row to hoe, until the play-offs hit. I used to do pretty good betting football till the internet gained popularity as my edge of spending 20 hours a week collecting information and taking notes evaporated. Same with the NBA.

I have started waiting a couple weeks in with the NFL and a couple months in with the NBA and playing division winner parlays. You get all kinds of action to follow for a small weekly investment that could have a nice return. It seems these days there are enough WTF happened games to continually screw up
multiple game parlays even if you are just playing 4 game M/L ones trying to get 3-2 or 2-1.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:51 PM   #42
sharkey11

very true inner week to week is only giving the book what he wants .and the sports do have different quarters so to speak during the regular season and playoffs not to speak of the preseason . but @ a dollar a bet its just a little fun trying to show a tiny profit if any . best of luck sir
Old 12-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #43
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The Panthers have strangely improved after firing the coach and trading away Christian McCaffery, they are no longer an easy out. Seattle is in a 4 way battle for two wild card spots. They are one game up and have the tie breaker on Detroit. 1/2 game back on both Washington and New York who play each other this Sunday and tied last time. None of those 4 teams has an easy schedule. I think the Hawks sneak in at the #7 spot.
Nice write up yes I believe that Carolina really turned the tables as of late I was not expecting them to win or make the Seahawks work in that game I just saw a Seahawks win and that was that lol.

And yes I would really like to see them in the playoffs but if not then we have a high draft pick to look forward to thanks to the Broncos Wilson trade
Old 12-18-2022, 05:02 PM   #44
Someday Silent

Two of my personal favorites-- Chiefs and Jaguars --win in overtime. I'll take it. I hoped the Panthers could win again, but the Steelers decided they wanted to win today.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #45
sharkey11

week 16 try the NYJ +2 for a dollar .9-8-2 for season +30 gl all

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: