Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2023, 07:33 PM   #16
TJDave

My top five favorite big US cities.

San Francisco
NYC
New Orleans
Seattle
DFW

But for the all-time best city IN THE WORLD you couldn’t go wrong with MEXICO CITY.
I challenge anyone to prove me wrong and I would be your guide. It’s not what you might think. The most cosmopolitan city on the planet. Probably the largest now as well.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:04 AM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I would hook you up but, I would not wish her on my worst enemy and from some of your postings I do not think you are interested in grown women. You said "WE" when speaking of LGBTQ or whatever they are and have also posted pictures on naked boys.
All I need to know about your imaginary girlfriend is that she dumped you. Shows she has good judgment. My dates, when I have them are age appropriate. Whatever you might think, I have never referred to myself as LGBTQ. That’s a figment of your imagination. The pictures of naked boys were part of a treatise on early twentieth century bathing customs and were only erotic if you have a dirty mind.

I answered your question as I always do, now answer mine, what are your skills that people can earn a living by, other than stamp licking?
You’re not going to shut up until I answer your stupid question so I will tell you this. The post office is not the only place I’ve worked. I worked for Motorola back in the day when they made TVs, car radios etc. I was a parts expediter with a portfolio of hundreds of parts. Assembly lines don’t run if they don’t have parts. On the other hand excess inventory costs money, so you need to balance the two. You also need to know your sources and where to go if one supplier lets you down. I won’t tell you I knew how to build a Television, but I had. Fair ides of what many of the parts did. I worked for an insurance company. I approved applications and I approved claims with some limitations. I also worked for two companies that manufactured doors, windows, cabinets moldings , trim and other such items. There I was inside sales and an order expecter. Customers would call and asking for delivery dates or to have an order moved up or changed and I would have to handle that. We only sold to contractors and builders, not to the public. It we did have a showroom where people could come in and look at our products. Serving those people was another of my duties. THEN THERE WAS MY JOB AT THE POST OFFICE! Licking stamps was never one of my jobs. I did deliver mail to 400-500 houses a day in all kinds of weather. I did start work at midnight, two in the Morning, four in the morning, six in the morning and nine in the morning. Sometimes in the same week. I worked window services which meant knowing regulations and how to determine rates and which forms go with which packages. I prepared outgoing mail for dispatch. I sorted incoming mail. I was onsite clerk at a mailing house which had three facilities in our town and sent out one million pieces of mail a day. One time I worked there from five in the morning to ten at night, went home and was back at six AM.
I cannot prove my claim as that map was one of those local maps handed out by the rental car company, not a souvenir worth keeping. I actually looked in my map collection.
Quick anecdote about my time at the first Door and window company. One day, one of the bosses came up to me and said that a customer had complained that I failed to follow up on a number of calls he made to me about an order. I had no recollection. This happened several times and I was concerned about disciplinary action or even loosing my job.

A few weeks passed and I noticed one of my fellow expediters was MIA. That was when my boss called me into his office and told me, “We fired Warren. We found out that he has been answering the phone and telling customers he was Mostpost. Then failing to follow up on their requests.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-05-2023 at 06:10 PM.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2023, 10:54 AM   #18
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
They're confusing migrants with tourists. Lots of fudge.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2023, 11:22 AM   #19
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
Can you ever go a whole day without insulting someone? Pretty stupid award as it is based on tourists that don't stray off the beaten path. I judge a place

by the whole picture. When I visit Louisville, Ky for the first time I asked the employees at the track where the bad neighborhoods are. I actually handed
a bartender $5 at CD and asked her to circle the areas on a street map. It was very early so I wasn't holding up any lines.

If you think your state is so great, find me a bigger crime riddled slum than East St. Louis, Illinois. I bet I have driven through more slums than you have and I even walked through Skid Row in LA daily for a year+.

If you were at churchill looking for a bad neighborhood , you just needed to walk out any exit.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

As the video I posted shows, Chicago is a seriouslt RASCIST shit hlr.
The have sold out the Black community by taking away the services their taxes paid for. REAL AMERICANS passed over for illegals.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:44 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
If you were at churchill looking for a bad neighborhood , you just needed to walk out any exit.

Obviously everybody's opinion of a bad neighborhood is subjective. I did not see any broken down cars in people's yards, gang graffiti, or a bunch of people hanging out on street corners drinking out of paper sacks. I have not been around the area surrounding the track since I last went to the Derby in 1999, but I have been to the zoo and the underground caverns in the last 5 years. I wondered if they cleaned up the town before derby week. I have a feeling they did and put more cops on the streets to get the two bit dope peddlers to stay out of view.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2023, 01:02 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quick anecdote about my time at the first Door and window company. One day, one of the bosses came up to me and said that a customer had complained that I failed to follow up on a number of calls he made to me about an order. I had no recollection. This happened several times and I was concerned about disciplinary action or even loosing my job.

A few weeks passed and I noticed one of my fellow expediters was MIA. That was when my boss called me into his office and told me, “We fired Warren. We found out that he has been answering the phone and telling customers he was Mostpost. Then failing to follow up on their requests.

Build a television, not impressed, that is repetitious assembly line work a trained monkey can do. As for an order expediter, that is an entry level job these days, and back in the day did not require a whole lot of skills. Those were some of my favorite people to screw with and I trained my guys how to,
also. I worked at a large global aerospace company, and we were making many of the components for assemblies. If you came back before you were
told your nice white skirt and tie very well could end up sprayed with cutting oil, hydraulic oil or many other substances you don't want on dress clothes.
Some how these clowns thought hounding us made us work faster. It did not.
I was a working supervisor in a department that led the company in efficiency numbers so we could get away with things others could not.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:39 PM   #23
mostpost

Quote:
Build a television, not impressed, that is repetitious assembly line work a trained monkey can do. As for an order expediter, that is an entry level job these days, and back in the day did not require a whole lot of skills. Those were some of my favorite people to screw with and I trained my guys how to,
also. I worked at a large global aerospace company, and we were making many of the components for assemblies. If you came back before you were
told your nice white skirt and tie very well could end up sprayed with cutting oil, hydraulic oil or many other substances you don't want on dress clothes.
Some how these clowns thought hounding us made us work faster. It did not.
I was a working supervisor in a department that led the company in efficiency numbers so we could get away with things others could not.
This is exactly why I never responded to your skills requests. Because I knew that no matter what I posted, you would belittle me. Not that I actually care what you think.

You are totally full of crap about spraying office workers who came around asking questions about job status. We have all known plenty of guys like you. Loud mouth jerks when talking about their superiors, but meek little p***ies when those people are near by.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:47 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
This is exactly why I never responded to your skills requests. Because I knew that no matter what I posted, you would belittle me. Not that I actually care what you think.

You are totally full of crap about spraying office workers who came around asking questions about job status. We have all known plenty of guys like you. Loud mouth jerks when talking about their superiors, but meek little p***ies when those people are near by.
A production control person, or expediter was not my superior.

I have no reason to lie, we made the oil spraying look like an accident. Some did not even know they were sprayed, the machines did the spraying, we weren't squirting them with an oil can. If it was obviously done on purpose we would have heat come done on us as oil on the floor is a safety hazard.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:25 PM   #25
mostpost

Quote:

I have no reason to lie, we made the oil spraying look like an accident. Some did not even know they were sprayed, the machines did the spraying, we weren't squirting them with an oil can. If it was obviously done on purpose we would have heat come done on us as oil on the floor is a safety hazard.
The more you talk; the dumber you sound.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:19 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Quote:
The more you talk; the dumber you sound.

What is dumb about my post? An expediter was not my boss, they were way below my pay grade, they were looked at as useless pests. I printed out the hot list everyday at the start of our shift, their pestering was not needed. Most of our department ran automatic equipment that only goes so fast.
So if I tell you the machine makes 100 bayonet pins an hour, no amount of jumping up and down is going to get you any more.

The oil spraying were just shop pranks, like greasing tool box handles, tying someone's shoe laces together, filing shoes with sun flower seeds,
and the best one, taking the casters off someone's roll away and putting it up on blocks. Most people left their street shoes under the work benches when they changed into their work shoes.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

City is so popular, 25 buses of illegals are p[lanned to arrive everyday.
800 of the sleeping in the airport, using batheoom sinks for bathing, leaving them unfit for human use.
One from Venezuala todau on the news, sleeping outside, told reporter he was better off back home, much better living conditions,

What a Shangrila!

City was safer with Al Capone.
Speaking of Al, Hiraldo should go back and check his vault.
Bet it's full of illegals.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:18 PM   #28
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
City is so popular, 25 buses of illegals are p[lanned to arrive everyday.
800 of the sleeping in the airport, using batheoom sinks for bathing, leaving them unfit for human use.
One from Venezuala todau on the news, sleeping outside, told reporter he was better off back home, much better living conditions,

What a Shangrila!

City was safer with Al Capone.
Speaking of Al, Hiraldo should go back and check his vault.
Bet it's full of illegals.

The bolded is actually true.

Back then the gangsters did not want to shot grandmas or babies as it would bring more heat down on them. A good example was the killing of this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Anastasia

They did not drive by and spray bullets into a crowded barber shop like would happen nowadays with the current gangs that inhabit Chicago. They went in, took out their target and did not put a scratch on anyone else. They did not shoot up funerals, wedding, or sweet 16 parties. They had some morals.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:42 PM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So. ID, we agree?
Bootlegging gangstets were better people than democrats!
Old 10-06-2023, 12:44 PM   #30
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So. ID, we agree?
Bootlegging gangstets were better people than democrats!

Definitely!