Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2020, 10:58 PM   #1
davew

presidential debates

will be hosted by single moderator

9/29 Chris Wallace
10/15 Steve Sculley
10/22 Kristen Welker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Is1?li=BBnb7Kz
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #2
MargieRose

Fox should have offered up Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. Either would have been a more honest choice than Wallace.

Debate Moderators Announced for Presidential Debates — All Are Trump-Haters with Chris Wallace Being the Worst

Quote:
Why would Republicans EVER agree for Wallace to be a moderator?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Fox should have offered up Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. Either would have been a more honest choice than Wallace.

Debate Moderators Announced for Presidential Debates — All Are Trump-Haters with Chris Wallace Being the Worst
Democrats would never have gone for either of them. I don't like Chris Wallace, but he is better than some of the previous mods.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Democrats would never have gone for either of them. I don't like Chris Wallace, but he is better than some of the previous mods.
Agree. Chris Wallace is for Chris Wallace, and if he has to step on Joe Biden's neck to satisfy his street cred, he will. At least that's my impression of Wallace.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
myohmyjustify

Understand that Fox News will try hard to stick it to President Trump and it doesn't matter if Chris Wallace or Brett Baer or Martha MacCallum are the moderators, the memo has come down to make President Trump look bad and to give Joe Biden every conceivable advantage.

Here's an older story that still holds true a year later.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul...rt-2019-9?op=1
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #6
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Understand that Fox News will try hard to stick it to President Trump and it doesn't matter if Chris Wallace or Brett Baer or Martha MacCallum are the moderators, the memo has come down to make President Trump look bad and to give Joe Biden every conceivable advantage.

Here's an older story that still holds true a year later.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul...rt-2019-9?op=1
anytime you have democrats voting for republicans and republicans voting for democrats makes for a very weird election.

i liked it better when Reagan ran, everyone voted for him because he was flat out the best one for the job at the time.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #7
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post

Wallace is a good pick.

Trump hates him and Biden doesn’t like him either.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 05:44 PM   #8
jimmyb

Wallace is pissed off at Biden for refusing his invitations to come on his show. I expect lots of hardball questions from Wallace to both Trump and Biden.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #9
ElKabong

When Hiden shows up for the first debate, I'll believe it
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
When Hiden shows up for the first debate, I'll believe it
I agree with this prediction. I do not expect any debates to take place.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:16 PM   #11
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
will be hosted by single moderator

9/29 Chris Wallace
10/15 Steve Sculley
10/22 Kristen Welker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Is1?li=BBnb7Kz
My opinion of Chris Wallace took a huge hit after he got his ass-kicked (right to the curb) the other night, first by trump's not super-articulate, but extremely pushy spokesperson, and then by some member of Biden's campaign staff who clearly is way, way, tougher than Wallace.

Both ladies simply PUNKED and rolled RIGHT over him with their incessantly repetitive talking points.

Last edited by mountainman; 09-03-2020 at 09:18 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #12
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
My opinion of Chris Wallace took a huge hit after he got his ass-kicked (right to the curb) the other night, first by trump's not super-articulate, but extremely pushy spokesperson, and then by some member of Biden's campaign staff who clearly is way, way, tougher than Wallace.

Both ladies simply PUNKED and rolled RIGHT over him with their incessantly repetitive talking points.
I think he's been in his father's shadow his whole career. Mike was tough. He once asked Kirk Douglas if he was a horse's ass, Kirk laughed. He told Ayatollah Khomeni that Reagan thought he was a lunatic. I think he one time interviewed a Mafia kingpin, but can't remember who it was. He admitted later he had reservations about that one.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #13
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Wallace is pissed off at Biden for refusing his invitations to come on his show. I expect lots of hardball questions from Wallace to both Trump and Biden.
I am not sure he is 'pissed off' and half heartedly says he has invited Biden before. I now wonder if Biden will risk taking him up on the offer, as practice before the first debate?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #14
xtb

"If you watch Biden’s cognitive performances on stage when he appears lucid he is squinting and blinking nonstop. Based on his performance he is likely on a type of amphetamine because none of the other drugs producing mydriasis (i.e. pupil dilation) would produce cognitive enhancement. Amphetamines dilate the pupils and cause the squinting and blinking (photophobia). Another feature observed was the stage lighting for Biden is being subdued and this is very abnormal for this type of performance.

If the debates occur? Bright stage lighting would render Biden unable to perform even under the influence of amphetamines."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sional-weighs/
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2020, 01:28 AM   #15
davew

J wonder if they will have white circles they must stay in?