Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's immigration ban on 7 countries?
Strongly Agree 81 67.50%
Somewhat Agree 16 13.33%
Somewhat disagree 6 5.00%
Strongly Disagree 17 14.17%
Voters: 120. This poll is closed

Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #241
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Trump should just ignore the stay from the 9th Circus court, as that judge had no right to make the ruling he did, and Washington had no standing to file the lawsuit to begin with.
exactly. and who is going to stop him from enforcing it?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 AM   #242
Native Texan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Well, I think Trump is doing the right thing; that the ban is necessary, legal and correct as per his duty to protect this country. If I had a say I would also include all 50 or so majority-Muslim countries throughout the world, but I don't, hard to believe.

So, it doesn't matter to me what the 'polls' say about the percentage of people that agree or disagree with Trump's policy. These polls have been a joke, always have been and will get worse as time goes by.

But, whatever the poll numbers are... does anyone really think we'd have this polarizing and political issue before us if the President was not Donald Trump, but.... let's say President Bill Clinton?

Well Bill Clinton did say something about this serious issue once.

http://710wor.iheart.com/onair/mark-...-you-15313507/

According to the actual risks, the ban is irrelevant to protecting USA. Trump is not protecting the country as he is doing nothing to reduce gun crime which is the elephant in the room.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8h345idck...cture.png?dl=0
Native Texan III is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #243
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
According to the actual risks, the ban is irrelevant to protecting USA. Trump is not protecting the country as he is doing nothing to reduce gun crime which is the elephant in the room.

So...Trump could be reducing our death-risk TENFOLD by ignoring the Muslim immigrants...and just disarming the American TODDLERS? Gee...I never THOUGHT of it this way.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #244
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III

Funny how the elephant keeps getting smaller each year even as gun ownership increases.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/cn...-1993-and-2013
Old 02-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #245
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

All trunk, no junk.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #246
Inner Dirt

For some reason I have yet to find a media source that details the extreme horrors that go on in Mexican border towns like Tijuana. My Aunt lives there in Playa de Tijuana so I get a first hand account and it is worse than any MSM lets on here. If people knew the whole story I don't see how any of them would not want a wall with guard towers and a wide moat full of alligators between us and them.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #247
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Does the ban include persons just visiting or on vacation or is it just for folks moving to the USA....?

Sometimes I think people just fly in here on vacation and then just never leave....That would explain why there are so many Asians now here in America...go to Disneyland, then disappear into the motley wormwood of LA, Miami, New York City...etc, etc...shack up in your cousins' condo, take a bus to the paradises of illegality, aka, sanctuary cities, then start swabbing the kitchen floors of suburban housewives, who have long grown weary of the mundane inhumanity and indignity of washing their own towels, scrubbing their own toilets....
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #248
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
For some reason I have yet to find a media source that details the extreme horrors that go on in Mexican border towns like Tijuana. My Aunt lives there in Playa de Tijuana so I get a first hand account and it is worse than any MSM lets on here. If people knew the whole story I don't see how any of them would not want a wall with guard towers and a wide moat full of alligators between us and them.
It is astonishing to me that you can never find a source for anything. In 10 seconds I found this from ABC news on Juarez.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=132653

Tons of other stuff as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ces-earth.html

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/09...ing-bystander/

Local papers in the border towns cover it extensively. Also, watch the mini-series The Bridge which talks a lot about the women missing in Juarez. I spent quite a bit of time in Mexican border towns. During the time I was there I read about murders, kidnappings, and the cartels quite often.

I don't remember the violence spilling over the border, and I don't remember feeling unsafe at night on the American side. There were walls in a lot of the border towns. It isn't the urban areas where the crossings occur. It's the wide open spaces between towns where the coyotes do their business.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #249
TJDave

Quote:
Playas de Tijuana is a s**thole. Why would she live there? There are more desirable neighborhoods in TJ.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #250
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
It is astonishing to me that you can never find a source for anything. In 10 seconds I found this from ABC news on Juarez.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=132653

Tons of other stuff as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ces-earth.html

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/09...ing-bystander/

Local papers in the border towns cover it extensively. Also, watch the mini-series The Bridge which talks a lot about the women missing in Juarez. I spent quite a bit of time in Mexican border towns. During the time I was there I read about murders, kidnappings, and the cartels quite often.

I don't remember the violence spilling over the border, and I don't remember feeling unsafe at night on the American side. There were walls in a lot of the border towns. It isn't the urban areas where the crossings occur. It's the wide open spaces between towns where the coyotes do their business.
None of those stories cover the main problem down there.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #251
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Playas de Tijuana is a s**thole. Why would she live there? There are more desirable neighborhoods in TJ.
Uncle Jorge has owned that beach front property over 40 years that I know of. He runs his antique sports car reproduction part manufacturing business out of there. When he first acquired the property the area around the house and shop were pretty open and it was a good neighborhood. As years went by things degraded while at the same time the house and buildings were expanded and renovated. To tell you the truth the place looks rather odd but it suits them. For what it is and how they went about it they may have dumped a million dollars into something no one else would pay $250k for and would probably take a bulldozer to much of it. I think they are kind of stuck, they can't afford to move.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #252
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
None of those stories cover the main problem down there.
Yes, it's a vast conspiracy that U.S. papers don't cover whatever the main problem is in Mexico. Like I said, I spent plenty of time down there and I read plenty of stories on drugs, kidnappings, murders, police corruption, and illegals. I'm not sure what the main problem is, but those are some nasty problems.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #253
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Yes, it's a vast conspiracy that U.S. papers don't cover whatever the main problem is in Mexico. Like I said, I spent plenty of time down there and I read plenty of stories on drugs, kidnappings, murders, police corruption, and illegals. I'm not sure what the main problem is, but those are some nasty problems.
The problem is drugs. More precisely, America's addiction to drugs.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #254
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
The problem is drugs. More precisely, America's addiction to drugs.
Typical liberal answer, every problem in the entire world can be traced back to the USA in one form or another.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #255
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Solution - lock up the users instead of the dealers.
No users, no dealers.

But that would close down our colleges.