Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:16 AM   #946
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Merry Christmas to all. Hope this new year breaks from the gate great for us all. As a gift to everyone, I hope to make Handifast more relevant and effective than ever.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2017, 01:48 AM   #947
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
Merry Christmas to all. Hope this new year breaks from the gate great for us all. As a gift to everyone, I hope to make Handifast more relevant and effective than ever.

Handi
Same to you and yours.....Merry Christmas

We are going to give it our best shot...

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #948
deucetwins

HHX 2.3 issue

Maybe I'm late to the party but I just tried running HHX 2.3 and when I clicked on Bris Past Performances, a window popped up with an error message saying that the page has a problem running scripts. When it asks me if I want to continue running scripts, clicking yes or no puts it in an eternal loading page cycle. Is there a fix to this?

Also, in Handifast v10, once I build the analyst, the factors don't show up at the top of the race handicap page nor do the totals.
deucetwins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #949
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetwins View Post
Maybe I'm late to the party but I just tried running HHX 2.3 and when I clicked on Bris Past Performances, a window popped up with an error message saying that the page has a problem running scripts. When it asks me if I want to continue running scripts, clicking yes or no puts it in an eternal loading page cycle. Is there a fix to this?

Also, in Handifast v10, once I build the analyst, the factors don't show up at the top of the race handicap page nor do the totals.
HHX is old and most likely the links are bad..
But the program still works....a little more manual stuff to do

As for your Ver 10 problem...can you attach a pix for us to see..

Thxs

Mike
Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #950
deucetwins

I'm thinking it might be because the data files from Bris aren't final yet. Trying to download Oaklawn for Friday and Saturday. Click this link. It's a screenshot.
While building the analyst, after inputting a number and clicking calculate, I noticed that the number didn't change in the analyst as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ze...oA_3MO6QtIHfMO
deucetwins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #951
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
HHX is old and most likely the links are bad..
But the program still works....a little more manual stuff to do
I'm sure the link refers to the old Bris URL, yes. HHX hasn't been updated in a while and it's not likely that HHXv3 will see the light of day. No time/energy to get back to writing code for it. There's no need to use the button inside HHX. Just go to the Bris site, download files, unzip them, and load file(s) from HHX.

Last edited by headhawg; 01-09-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added info
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #952
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I'm sure the link refers to the old Bris URL, yes. HHX hasn't been updated in a while and it's not likely that HHXv3 will see the light of day. No time/energy to get back to writing code for it. There's no need to use the button inside HHX. Just go to the Bris site, download files, unzip them, and load file(s) from HHX.
Thxs HH....I need a favor...sending you email
Old 01-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #953
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetwins View Post
I'm thinking it might be because the data files from Bris aren't final yet. Trying to download Oaklawn for Friday and Saturday. Click this link. It's a screenshot.
While building the analyst, after inputting a number and clicking calculate, I noticed that the number didn't change in the analyst as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ze...oA_3MO6QtIHfMO
looks like you didnt save the analyst you built...

Read the PDF again and start over...

Install files again from post 854.......Put V10 files in a folder that you created(HANDIFASTv10)

Put the "2 files" in both a handifiles & temphandi folders that you create on C:

also do the fix from post #940

Mike
Old 01-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #954
headhawg
crusty old guy

Just for fun I changed the code to see if I could get the Bris PP button to work in HHXv3. No joy. HHX uses a built-in browser and I think the new Bris site doesn't like it, and that's why there are scripting errors.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #955
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Just for fun I changed the code to see if I could get the Bris PP button to work in HHXv3. No joy. HHX uses a built-in browser and I think the new Bris site doesn't like it, and that's why there are scripting errors.
Go ahead and curse those mothers...everyone else has...

Mike
Old 01-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #956
headhawg
crusty old guy

Yeah, Mike. The new Bris site is a microcosm of how horseplayers are treated in general -- people in the industry either don't know or don't care.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #957
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, Mike. The new Bris site is a microcosm of how horseplayers are treated in general -- people in the industry either don't know or don't care.
did you get an email from me?
Old 01-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #958
headhawg
crusty old guy

No. PM me if you want.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #959
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Went into Congestive Heart Failure again recently. Out of hospital and stable right now. Go back to Cardiologist in a month after he changed my meds to see how things are progressing. As a result I have not been doing any coding. But the good news is that Mike Dorn along with headhawg's help and help from Mike Salony has been really kicking butt and getting some bug fixes done in the Batch Processor and in Handifast ver 10. They have been working their butts off and so I hope to have the upgraded programs ready to release soon.

I can't thank these guys enough for all the help.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #960
headhawg
crusty old guy

Glad to hear that you're stable Handi. Hope the doc can turn this thing around so that you don't need any more hospital visits. The two Mikes are doing most of the work; I'm just pitching in when I can. Get better, will ya? We need you around here. Glad that you're back posting. Take care.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: