Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
What is the upside of this?
Practice?
Old 01-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #47
cato
Irrationally exuberant

The 5 projected to a lead and I'm just mad I didn't bet him. I did not think he would last and or he would get more pressure than he got....and after watchuing the race, I was reminded that we are betting on da hosses and not a robotic representation of what people think should happen in the race based on a few past performances. I also find it challenging to predict with such certainty as the original poster as to what jockeys intended to do vs what the horse would let them do and/or what the trainers wanted the jockeys to do and whether (a) the jockeys heard, understood, agreed with them and then tried to do it (but the horse had other ideas), or (b) the jock did not hear, understand or agree with the advice (and the horse had other ideas anyway).

Cheers, Frank
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #48
parlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
The 5 projected to a lead and I'm just mad I didn't bet him. I did not think he would last and or he would get more pressure than he got....and after watchuing the race, I was reminded that we are betting on da hosses and not a robotic representation of what people think should happen in the race based on a few past performances. I also find it challenging to predict with such certainty as the original poster as to what jockeys intended to do vs what the horse would let them do and/or what the trainers wanted the jockeys to do and whether (a) the jockeys heard, understood, agreed with them and then tried to do it (but the horse had other ideas), or (b) the jock did not hear, understand or agree with the advice (and the horse had other ideas anyway).

Cheers, Frank
I think it was the hammerlock he put on the for the first 3 furlongs that had me going HMMMMMMMMMM
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #49
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
Lets ask Jaramillo to justify that ride. Sorry, but my suspicion is that you dont screw up Ortiz, if your a good boy they will give you something later. You might not be outright fixing races but you are sure not riding them legit! But who cares what the degenerates think anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Let's see what Jaramillo does today at Gulfstream he has these mounts:

Race 2
#3 Gran Lucky Girl

Race 4
#2 Extravagant Kid

Race 5
#1 We Take Checks

Race 7
#11 Hey Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
WOW, LOOK HOW AGGRESSIVE HE CAN RIDE WHEN HE WANTS TO.

Hey Parlay,

Thanks for noticing Jaramillo if you played him across the board today he made you $73.60 per $2 win place and show wager due to the $54 number he drove home!!!

I guess he was a good boy yesterday and they gave him something today as you pointed out in your comment

Congratulations to those who saw the play and were able to make a profit!!!
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #50
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I do know that I've dialed down my post-position bias plays @ 7.5f lately. Most of the jocks fail to adapt situational tactics and just pray for 'decent position' early, thus allowing outside horses to comfortably establish forward inside position half of the time...

Not sure what happened in the 10th today with the .

The horse may have been empty, but there was no apparent urgency from the gate to secure forward position.

An early pace horse ended up turning down the gift of an inside draw, and instead was in a stalking/closing position.

And this was the jock of the in yesterday's race who we were praising for following Irad.

Maybe the horse was just empty from the gate?

Maybe the trainer mis-read the last two efforts and was scared to go early?

Who knows... /frustrating to think along