Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #31
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You’re delusional.

Ever heard of the sixties?

Real bombs were going off

Agree.

Give us Twitter and the internet when JFK was assassinated. Or Viet Nam? Or the Cold War?

We would have had all kinds of shit going on due to the great instigator that is social media.

People need to quit with their centric view of the world and their own echo chamber. Nobody is all that special. Nobody.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 06:43 PM   #32
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Who said they were?

It's the ideas that matter.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #33
fast4522

The sixtys had bombs.

Early activism
Further information: Weather Underground
Ayers became involved in the New Left and the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).[10] He rose to national prominence as an SDS leader in 1968 and 1969 as head of an SDS regional group, the "Jesse James Gang".[11]

The group Ayers headed in Detroit, Michigan, became one of the earliest gatherings of what became the Weathermen. Before the June 1969 SDS convention, Ayers became a prominent leader of the group, which arose as a result of a schism in SDS.[8] "During that time his infatuation with street fighting grew and he developed a language of confrontational militancy that became more and more pronounced over the year [1969]", disaffected former Weathermen member Cathy Wilkerson wrote in 2001. Ayers had previously been a roommate of Terry Robbins, a fellow militant who was killed in 1970 along with Ayers' girlfriend Oughton and one other member in the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion, while constructing anti-personnel bombs intended for a non-commissioned officer dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey.[12]

In June 1969, the Weathermen took control of the SDS at its national convention, where Ayers was elected Education Secretary.[8] Later in 1969, Ayers participated in planting a bomb at a statue dedicated to police casualties in the 1886 Haymarket affair confrontation between labor supporters and the Chicago police.[13] The blast broke almost 100 windows and blew pieces of the statue onto the nearby Kennedy Expressway.[14] (The statue was rebuilt and unveiled on May 4, 1970, and blown up again by other Weathermen on October 6, 1970.[14][15] Rebuilding it yet again, the city posted a 24-hour police guard to prevent another blast, and in January 1972 it was moved to Chicago police headquarters).[16]

Ayers participated in the Days of Rage riot in Chicago in October 1969, and in December was at the "War Council" meeting in Flint, Michigan. Two major decisions came out of the "War Council". The first was to immediately begin a violent, armed struggle (e.g., bombings and armed robberies) against the state without attempting to organize or mobilize a broad swath of the public. The second was to create underground collectives in major cities throughout the country.[17] Larry Grathwohl, a Federal Bureau of Investigation informant in the Weathermen group from the fall of 1969 to the spring of 1970, stated that "Ayers, along with Bernardine Dohrn, probably had the most authority within the Weathermen".[18]

Last edited by fast4522; 10-26-2018 at 07:05 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

I vote for eliminating all Political Discussion on this Board.

Vote with your feet. Walk away from it. No one is forcing you to read or post here, are they?
Old 10-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #35
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

You could go back even further, like 1914 when Ferdinand was shot and killed.

Your point is what?

My point is ideas matter and Good Ideas always win.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:19 PM   #36
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It has never been this disrespectful or disgusting or disturbing....EVER...NOT EVER EVER

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH
Trump inspires baser emotions than Bush or Obama. He drives people to greater extremes. At the extremes, his fans treat him like an infallible god and his foes treat him like the devil incarnate. They love him or hate him based on his persona, not his policies. And many who post here are at those extremes.

Neither Bush nor Obama inspired anything like the alt-right or the antifa either.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:21 PM   #37
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Vote with your feet. Walk away from it. No one is forcing you to read or post here, are they?
I do believe I advocated for eliminating Political Discussion.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #38
Clocker

Quote:
I do believe I advocated for eliminating Political Discussion.

Why do you care what others discuss? If it bothers you, ignore it.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #39
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Why do you care what others discuss? If it bothers you, ignore it.
Well let's see, maybe because this is a horse racing discussion board?
Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #40
jimmyb

No matter the political discourse and disagreements, I'd not hesitate breaking bread or having a beer or two with pretty much anyone here. It includes Harry, Ely, Mostie, FanDan, Margie, OcalaMike and anyone else with differing or agreeable viewpoints ... I still like and respect you guys and gals. It's work in progress regarding disagreeing without being disagreeable.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #41
Clocker

Quote:
Well let's see, maybe because this is a horse racing discussion board?

What part of "Off Topic" are you unable to grasp?
Old 10-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #42
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
It has never been this disrespectful or disgusting or disturbing....EVER...NOT EVER EVER

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH
Political Violence has and will always occur. But never in my lifetime has the political party that is in power advocated violence against the minority party. And not at this scale.

The party controls the executive branch, the house of representatives, the senate, and a large amount of Governors and state legislators. Yet so angry and bitter. And they will not be happy until we all stand, sing & pray to the same God while swearing a loyal oath to our leader.

Last edited by Suff; 10-26-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #43
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
PA posted in a now closed thread:

So do it already.
OR, make a rule - NO politics, NO religion.
CJ used to have that rule on his old Pacefigures site and it worked good.

His OT was a bunch of horse players, as opposed to whatever walks in the front door dragging their knuckles.

Help with computers, humor, questions about travel, cities, movies, tracks.....lots of good stuff goes on in OT but is dwarfed by the mostly non-horse posters.

Or just move the whole thing to the VIP section.
This is RICH...coming from a man who has no mirror....

I would wager that 70% or higher of your posts are here...in off-topic...and that 70% of those are basically trolling...
Old 10-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #44
sammy the sage

Quote:

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH
Interesting take...truth be told tho....I submit for your consideration.... no politician has EVER and I mean EVER been as disrespectful to others as the CURRENT potus....a reflection of society in general...
Old 10-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #45
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

If I was a medical doctor, which I'm not, the diagnosis wouldn't be all that hard.

TDS

Pretty much sums up Off Topic in my opinion.

In case you're wondering what happened PaceAdvantage.

Last edited by Buckeye; 10-26-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: