Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
LoneF
Veteran

That did not go as planned ....

Ok I could not have been more wrong. Mendelssohn was the horse that got off slow and shuffled back and ended up finishing last ...

I am still not sold on Justify yet. He is obviously a better horse than I gave him credit for , but I don’t think he is a slam dunk for the Preakness. That was a DREAM trip he got in the derby ...
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
Ok I could not have been more wrong. Mendelssohn was the horse that got off slow and shuffled back and ended up finishing last ...

I am still not sold on Justify yet. He is obviously a better horse than I gave him credit for , but I don’t think he is a slam dunk for the Preakness. That was a DREAM trip he got in the derby ...
22, 45 a dream trip? Lmao
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:

Cmon the racing gods could not have set that up any better for him ...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Cmon the racing gods could not have set that up any better for him ...
Actually it was Good Magic that got the dream scenario and set up and couldn’t close the deal.

However at least Good Magic had the chance unlike Mendy and Moon.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Grits

No, LoneF, it did not. But, in horseracing like all of life, "the best laid plans of mice and men, etc, etc."

I bet two horses to win the Derby. Good Magic and Mendelssohn. I included these two with others in an exacta box, posting my choices here. Something I rarely bother with.

Still, I believe Mendelssohn is a very talented colt and I couldn't have more respect for a trainer than I have for Aiden O'Brien. To hear this man speak in interviews about his horses and their races is to listen to honesty, reverence, and grace.

When we can stand up and humbly proclaim a learning experience, we cannot possibly be seen as losing. Not in any way.

https://www.racinguk.com/news/ten-th...kentucky-derby

Last edited by Grits; 05-07-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
098poi

LoneF,

You came, you shouted, you got banned. Now that you are unbanned some friendly advice.

When your hand is stuck in the garbage disposal the solution is NOT to try and get it out with your other hand.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Thanks for pointing out the early fractions but what was the final time ? lol
Old 05-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
No, LoneF, it did not. But, in horseracing like all of life, "the best laid plans of mice and men, etc, etc."

I bet two horses to win the Derby. Good Magic and Mendelssohn. I included these two with others in an exacta box, posting my choices here. Something I rarely bother with.

Still, I believe Mendelssohn is a very talented colt and I couldn't have more respect for a trainer than I have for Aiden O'Brien. To hear this man speak in interviews about his horses and their races is to listen to honesty, reverence, and grace.

When we can stand up and humbly proclaim a learning experience, we cannot possibly be seen as losing. Not in any way.

Very well said ...

Personally my own learning experience from this derby was to be smarter about buying into hype. I bought it hook, line and sinker about what a strong group of 3 year olds this was, but in reality this years crop of horses is very weak.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the early fractions but what was the final time ? lol
You said he had an easy trip.

It wasn't a hard trip. But he went pretty fast early...thus slow late...thus not an EASY trip.

He had exactly the trip any objective minded person would think he would get, which would have led most objective people to at least have him as a top contender...

Horses like Justify are always dangerous, and make their own trips. You probably knew this, but decided trolling would be more fun by telling everyone he has no shot...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Very well said ...

Personally my own learning experience from this derby was to be smarter about buying into hype. I bought it hook, line and sinker about what a strong group of 3 year olds this was, but in reality this years crop of horses is very weak.
The hits just keep on coming...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi View Post
LoneF,

You came, you shouted, you got banned. Now that you are unbanned some friendly advice.

When your hand is stuck in the garbage disposal the solution is NOT to try and get it out with your other hand.
That’s a good saying .... I am looking to another saying after this derby ... You got to beak a few eggs to make a omelette .

If Justify at 5/2 offered fantastic betting opportunities than Justify at 1/20 in the Preakness is a dream come true !!!

I plan to get my money back !!!

It may have taken a bit of a detour but I plan on making it to the promised land lol
Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #12
LoneF
Veteran

I wish there was jockeys like Pincay and Cordero still in the game that wernt afraid to mix it up on the track ...
Old 05-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #13
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
My thoughts exactly

DVD and Instilled Regard looked like a pulling guard blowing up a linebacker.

Welcome to American dirt racing in the slop Ryan Moore!

Last edited by AirNate012; 05-07-2018 at 11:13 AM.
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #14
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

Someone posted a comment that they'd rather own Thunder Snow than Always Dreaming. I think that's apt. There's more than the derby out there.

Do you think they should have scratched Mendy with the weather how it was? Did the jockey just pull him out of the race at the bad start?

I don't understand while they still ran him, if they could tell he was realy badly affected by the crowd and rain.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #15
LoneF
Veteran

I wish they would pull a Rachel Alexandra and run Monomoy Girl in the Preakness, but will never happen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: