Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
Couldn't disagree more. I just listened to two of MJ's teammates say definitively that he was not a bully. A bully is someone who only tests the little guy. Jordan challenged everybody. Kerr went at Jordan first after a hard foul. That was noted by Kerr in the series.
Look...I've lived in Chicago for 46 years, and heard all the Jordan teammate "interviews". It's all bullshit. The guy was a sports icon...and everybody reveres an "icon", especially in public. But the teammates talk a different language when the cameras stop rolling. I also understand the importance of "challenging" your teammates into becoming their best selves. But when your motivational tactics lead to fists flying...then you are in the wrong...unless you are trying to motivate MMA fighters.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-18-2020 at 03:14 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
When we scrimaged in baseball, if a batter missed a bunt, or was not aggressive when needed, the next pitch was thrown at him. At football practice, I had a coach grab me by the facemask after a play, and told me I needed to be more aggressive. The next play I accidently ran into the coach at full speed. Nothing wrong with what MJ did as far as I am concerned.
Yes...Yes. I remember watching a SportsCenter clip many years ago, where some "motivating" coach had a little kid by the facemask, and was twisting the kid's head around because the little tyke "blew his assignment" in practice. He should have done that to MY kid...
Old 05-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #33
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Parish was a shell of his former self by his Bulls days. Why get beat up to motivate a guy that barely plays?
Why indeed.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #34
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Look...I've lived in Chicago for 46 years, and heard all the Jordan teammate "interviews". It's all bullshit. The guy was a sports icon...and everybody reveres an "icon", especially in public. But the teammates talk a different language when the cameras stop rolling. I also understand the importance of "challenging" your teammates into becoming their best selves. But when your motivational tactics lead to fists flying...then you are in the wrong...unless you are trying to motivate MMA fighters.
Gosh, I guess it's all BS then....Look at Kerr, he's just an eight-time NBA champion, having won five titles as a player (three with the Chicago Bulls and two with the San Antonio Spurs) as well as three with the Warriors as a head coach.

Look at Billionaire Michael Jordan, owner of my Charlotte Hornets, makes $100mil + from Nike annually, and won just 6 championships. I guess all that slapping and punching made them a couple of losers...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2020, 03:57 PM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Gosh, I guess it's all BS then....Look at Kerr, he's just an eight-time NBA champion, having won five titles as a player (three with the Chicago Bulls and two with the San Antonio Spurs) as well as three with the Warriors as a head coach.

Look at Billionaire Michael Jordan, owner of my Charlotte Hornets, makes $100mil + from Nike annually, and won just 6 championships. I guess all that slapping and punching made them a couple of losers...
Is there a point somewhere here, Randall? Oprah has even MORE money than MJ, after starting from much more humble beginnings...and yet...I'm still waiting for you to call her a "winner".
Old 05-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #36
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Is there a point somewhere here, Randall? Oprah has even MORE money than MJ, after starting from much more humble beginnings...and yet...I'm still waiting for you to call her a "winner".
Oprah??...That's funny...She's no winner, my friend. Guess you can't recognize people as well as you thought, then again, she might be your hero...
Old 05-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Oprah??...That's funny...She's no winner, my friend. Guess you can't recognize people as well as you thought, then again, she might be your hero...
Yeah...YOU can recognize winners. About as well as you can spot "fast-breaking news".
Old 05-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #38
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Yeah...YOU can recognize winners. About as well as you can spot "fast-breaking news".
I thought you were leaving? If not, how about you and I do a 100 race head up at multiple tracks....Better than talking about B-ball players BS nonsense...Booooring..
Old 05-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #39
thaskalos

Quote:
I thought you were leaving? If not, how about you and I do a 100 race head up at multiple tracks....Better than talking about B-ball players BS nonsense...Booooring..
Take me on over at HorseTourneys...heads-up. You pick the track and the amount. Let's see how you do.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #40
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Take me on over at HorseTourneys...heads-up. You pick the track and the amount. Let's see how you do.
I said 100 race head up for a reason, don't want that "luck" factor slapping you in the face in a 8 race card, as it so often does

Plus everyone can enjoy watching one of us get their ass kicked, right here at PA.....
Old 05-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #41
thaskalos

Quote:
I said 100 race head up for a reason, don't want that "luck" factor slapping you in the face in a 8 race card, as it so often does

Plus everyone can enjoy watching one of us get their ass kicked, right here at PA.....
What "Luck Factor"? We can play these 8-race cards for as long as you want...until the "Luck Factor" wears out. I keep a decent bankroll over at HorseTourneys...just for occasions like this. If one of us gets his ass kicked...shouldn't the other guy make a little money?
Old 05-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #42
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
What "Luck Factor"? We can play these 8-race cards for as long as you want...until the "Luck Factor" wears out. I keep a decent bankroll over at HorseTourneys...just for occasions like this. If one of us gets his ass kicked...shouldn't the other guy make a little money?
I'm the one who challenged YOU to a 100 Race head-up, right here on Pace, for all to see....If you want to pivot away from the challenge with your rhetoric, you're fooling no one...

It's either yes or no to MY challenge to YOU...
Old 05-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #43
thaskalos

Quote:
I'm the one who challenged YOU to a 100 Race head-up, right here on Pace, for all to see....If you want to pivot away from the challenge with your rhetoric, you're fooling no one...

It's either yes or no to MY challenge to YOU...
I don't play for "intellectual stimulation", Randall. If you want to find out how good you are...then it's gonna cost you.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #44
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I don't play for "intellectual stimulation", Randall. If you want to find out how good you are...then it's gonna cost you.
Then your answer is NO....Enjoy the rest of your day..
Old 05-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
Then your answer is NO....Enjoy the rest of your day..
Scared?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: