Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #76
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Arguably the best in the game right now. All time, that is a stretch...as of now. He certainly is the best shooter I've ever seen.
The team you're calling your own had a guy back in the '70s named Fred Brown that could shoot lights out with anybody alive or dead. He would have made a mockery of the 3 point line in his prime. The change came just a bit too late for him.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 04:50 PM   #77
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
He did Saturday, and did a really good job IMO. I'm sure if Roberson were healthy he'd do some of it too. The downside of that is it enables Curry to guard Roberson, a guy I can probably guard.
I think for the 3 or 4 teams right below GS need someone to lock down Curry, that needs to be a priority at trade deadline, get someone to guard Steph.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #78
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
The team you're calling your own had a guy back in the '70s named Fred Brown that could shoot lights out with anybody alive or dead. He would have made a mockery of the 3 point line in his prime. The change came just a bit too late for him.
I remember him well, Downtown. I was a Bullets fan at the time and they split back to back Finals. Kevin Grevey of the Bullets had crazy range at that time too. Imagine if Pistol Pete had a three point line!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 11:20 PM   #79
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
We'll see how it plays out. With KD and Westbrook the Thunder are always a nightmare for opposing teams. I think they are going to make a splash this year at the trade deadline that will really upgrade the team. The 2 is THE position they need to upgrade. Roberson is actually really good on defense but his offense is still below average. They have some pieces to trade in Waiters and McGary and even guys like Novak and Augustin that are free agents to be (as is Waiters) so they have value to teams looking to shed salary.
February 27th, I think your Thunder beat the Warriors. 6 road games in 9 days for the Warriors and also the last game of that road trip. So the Thunder will be getting the garden spot trip for that game.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #80
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
We'll see how it plays out. With KD and Westbrook the Thunder are always a nightmare for opposing teams. I think they are going to make a splash this year at the trade deadline that will really upgrade the team. The 2 is THE position they need to upgrade. Roberson is actually really good on defense but his offense is still below average. They have some pieces to trade in Waiters and McGary and even guys like Novak and Augustin that are free agents to be (as is Waiters) so they have value to teams looking to shed salary.
I know you love your Thunder but any trade talk with these guys are preposterous. Some can't even get off the bench and have played less than 10 games. Novak has played a humongous twenty two minutes this season they'll be knocking down the door trying to get him. The phone lines might melt trying to reach Presti so they can give away the store and get McGary and his fifty six minutes played. Both players must be exhausted traveling and having to sit for back to back road games.

So tell me who is getting traded and what will they get in return? Expiring contracts don't mean much this year with the cap scheduled to rise dramatically next season. Waiters is a free agent to be and would hardly be in demand anyway.

Dion Waiters, Thunder Fail to Reach Agreement on Contract Extension

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-with-thunder

To me the only tradable piece would be Ibaka would you be willing to give him up for a player(s) of equal value not some one sided deal that will never happen.

Interesting piece on OKC I read this morning. While I don't agree with everything the writer put into it, he can make an argument about it. If I finish a long article the columnist has done a good job keeping my interest.

Thunder Caught In NBA's Transition From Big To Small

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...favorites_head
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #81
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I know you love your Thunder but any trade talk with these guys are preposterous. Some can't even get off the bench and have played less than 10 games. Novak has played a humongous twenty two minutes this season they'll be knocking down the door trying to get him. The phone lines might melt trying to reach Presti so they can give away the store and get McGary and his fifty six minutes played. Both players must be exhausted traveling and having to sit for back to back road games.

So tell me who is getting traded and what will they get in return? Expiring contracts don't mean much this year with the cap scheduled to rise dramatically next season. Waiters is a free agent to be and would hardly be in demand anyway.

Dion Waiters, Thunder Fail to Reach Agreement on Contract Extension

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-with-thunder

To me the only tradable piece would be Ibaka would you be willing to give him up for a player(s) of equal value not some one sided deal that will never happen.

Interesting piece on OKC I read this morning. While I don't agree with everything the writer put into it, he can make an argument about it. If I finish a long article the columnist has done a good job keeping my interest.

Thunder Caught In NBA's Transition From Big To Small

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...favorites_head
It isn't about the value of the players themselves, it is about the fact they have expiring contracts, except for McGary. And McGary is on a rookie deal and has shown some really nice potential when given a chance to play. He is a perfect small ball lineup kind of guy. Yes, expiring contracts don't mean as much this year, but they still have value. Teams love clearing out cap space no matter how much they have coming.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #82
Stillriledup
Veteran

They need to make the basket smaller. Supposedly 2 basketballs side by side can fit in the hole?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #83
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They need to make the basket smaller. Supposedly 2 basketballs side by side can fit in the hole?
The hoop is 18" in diameter, the ball 9". Why does the basket need to be smaller exactly?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #84
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The hoop is 18" in diameter, the ball 9". Why does the basket need to be smaller exactly?
So the 25 or so teams with zero shot to win the nba title can have a 1 pct shot instead?

Seems too easy to make 3 pt shots, guys are making them like they're Layups, game isn't hard enough, Nba isn't as fun as it used to be.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #85
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
So the 25 or so teams with zero shot to win the nba title can have a 1 pct shot instead?

Seems too easy to make 3 pt shots, guys are making them like they're Layups, game isn't hard enough, Nba isn't as fun as it used to be.
Yeah, I'm sure making the basket smaller would up their title chances.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #86
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yeah, I'm sure making the basket smaller would up their title chances.
It would make it harder to shoot 3 pt baskets. Big men and under the basket players would be more valuable.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #87
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
It would make it harder to shoot 3 pt baskets. Big men and under the basket players would be more valuable.
Who has any good big men really? And besides, they'd just get fouled since many can't shoot free throws! Imagine how bad they'd be on a smaller rim. May as well just throw it out of bounds and set up on defense.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #88
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Who has any good big men really? And besides, they'd just get fouled since many can't shoot free throws! Imagine how bad they'd be on a smaller rim. May as well just throw it out of bounds and set up on defense.
Dunkers would benefit. You're right about the big men.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:57 PM   #89
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It isn't about the value of the players themselves, it is about the fact they have expiring contracts, except for McGary. And McGary is on a rookie deal and has shown some really nice potential when given a chance to play. He is a perfect small ball lineup kind of guy.
Please he has played 56 minutes for the season he can't get off the bench. Since the Thunder bench is below average (I'm being kind) if there was a sliver of talent he would be playing A LOT more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...mcgarmi01.html

Would someone please reprimand me if you actually think a team will give OKC a player that will make a difference for this guy. Plus he shoots 50% from the free throw line in a limited sample. On the three ball he hasn't made one again its a very limited sample. Last year he played 485 minutes and now has krazy glue spread all over his seat. Maybe they could get Metta World Peace who has logged far more minutes than this guy.

Again are you putting Ibaka in the conversation and he won't retrieve anything near value because he has one more full season to go.

To be fair who are you actually trading and what are you getting back in return? I can't find any teams looking for expiring contracts recently maybe you could enlighten me with some links. I'm always ready to eat crow and whatever else comes with being wrong.

You can see why I don't discuss the Red Sox, Saints, or Devils on here because people would crush me and I would probably deserve it.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #90
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Please he has played 56 minutes for the season he can't get off the bench. Since the Thunder bench is below average (I'm being kind) if there was a sliver of talent he would be playing A LOT more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...mcgarmi01.html

Would someone please reprimand me if you actually think a team will give OKC a player that will make a difference for this guy. Plus he shoots 50% from the free throw line in a limited sample. On the three ball he hasn't made one again its a very limited sample. Last year he played 485 minutes and now has krazy glue spread all over his seat. Maybe they could get Metta World Peace who has logged far more minutes than this guy.

Again are you putting Ibaka in the conversation and he won't retrieve anything near value because he has one more full season to go.

To be fair who are you actually trading and what are you getting back in return? I can't find any teams looking for expiring contracts recently maybe you could enlighten me with some links. I'm always ready to eat crow and whatever else comes with being wrong.

You can see why I don't discuss the Red Sox, Saints, or Devils on here because people would crush me and I would probably deserve it.
McGary has had some injury issues that got him shuffled out of the rotation. He had a back issue and then had a concussion. It isn't like he can't get time on the Nets, this is a very good team. But I was never saying they could get a good piece for him alone. I don't even know where that came from to be honest. But this is a guy that with regular playing time last year average 15 and 12 per 36 minutes. There is definitely some talent there.

Not sure why you post to me lately like I'm a dope or something, but whatever.

Last edited by cj; 02-11-2016 at 02:41 PM.