Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #496
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
NBA talking about altering the hack a rules. I like it, change it up.

If I was in charge of the NBA I would also get rid of 'and 1s' if you make the bucket there's no common foul. Flagrant won't change, but common fouls waved off if ball goes in.
That would make the game pretty ugly in a hurry, eliminating and-1s.

As for the hack rules, I'm sure whatever they do the coaches will find a way to get guys like Drummond, Jordan, and Howard to the line. Some of the stuff going on now is getting out of hand so I don't mind tightening it up a bit.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #497
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

As for the hack rules, I'm sure whatever they do the coaches will find a way to get guys like Drummond, Jordan, and Howard to the line. Some of the stuff going on now is getting out of hand so I don't mind tightening it up a bit.
If they go to a 2 shot and the ball for an intentional foul it will stop.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 01:43 AM   #498
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

How would the game get ugly?

If you don't want to get rid of and 1s they need to issue technical fouls on any player who yells "and 1" as a shot is in the process.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #499
Canarsie

Quote:
Maybe they hound KD because they know he gets agitated. If KD didnt act as if he hates the media maybe they would leave him alone. Also, Stephen A Smith said during his Dur-RANT that he doesn't have to talk TO you to talk ABOUT you.

As far as the Clippers answering questions, the difference is that the Griffin thing might be a legal matter, as far as the Clippers not answering questions goes, you're still allowed to ask them as a journalist. KD has same opportunity to say 'no comment' when asked about his FA status.
I watched him after the game take question after question and not be agitated at all. Not once did a free agency question come up just about the game. Do you really think a writer asking that question is going to beat everyone to the scoop?

With the Clippers there are no charges filed or pending for the Griffin incident. IMO they don't wan't the NBA know the same story they do. Still a reporter could ask every day "what set Griffin off"? If I was a reporter could I ask doc why he traded for his son every day or will I quietly be put in the back of the room?

What exactly is the difference between no comment and I'm not going there right now its not the time or place?

SAS also threatened Durant though I haven't seen one negative thing about him posted by the person who issued a childish warning.

Hmmm you don't think it was Ballmer and the Clippers who got Jordan's agent fired? My hunch is at owners meeting Ballmer doesn't say too much because he's probably in the bottom five of disliked owners. If I asked that question every day my credentials would be YANKED.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #500
Canarsie

Quote:

If I was in charge of the NBA I would also get rid of 'and 1s' if you make the bucket there's no common foul. Flagrant won't change, but common fouls waved off if ball goes in.
So you can actually MUG a player and get away with two shots if he misses? The game would go on another half hour at bare minimum. A small point guard like Paul probably couldn't finish the season strong if at all he would get so beat up. Personally not being a fan of a particular team I love it when Paul shows off his athleticism driving to the basket. The same goes for Westbrook these are great players whose skills I want to see enhanced not diminished.

The situation you described worked well in street basketball in the 60's and 70's. The game has certainly changed since then and you also need to keep up with the times. Injuries would also go way up as the dirtier players would almost never foul out. I guess it would be ok to hit a player in the man zone and if he makes the basket it becomes the other teams ball.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #501
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
So you can actually MUG a player and get away with two shots if he misses? The game would go on another half hour at bare minimum. A small point guard like Paul probably couldn't finish the season strong if at all he would get so beat up. Personally not being a fan of a particular team I love it when Paul shows off his athleticism driving to the basket. The same goes for Westbrook these are great players whose skills I want to see enhanced not diminished.

The situation you described worked well in street basketball in the 60's and 70's. The game has certainly changed since then and you also need to keep up with the times. Injuries would also go way up as the dirtier players would almost never foul out. I guess it would be ok to hit a player in the man zone and if he makes the basket it becomes the other teams ball.
Read what I wrote again.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #502
Canarsie

Quote:
Read what I wrote again.
Quote:

Ok I will admit I missed the mark on what you wrote. I don't find it hard to admit I'm wrong.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #503
ronsmac

Quote:
How would the game get ugly?

If you don't want to get rid of and 1s they need to issue technical fouls on any player who yells "and 1" as a shot is in the process.
Technical for yellinf and 1? Why should that be a technical?
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #504
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Unsportsmanlike conduct. They give Ts in nba if you just LOOK at a ref the wrong way, this wouldn't be hard to implement.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #505
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I actually wouldn't mind this (and Dion Waiters has to be the biggest offender!) It isn't really different than hollering out "I got fouled!", basically calling out the ref if there is no call.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #506
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
I'm pounding the Raptors +7.5 tonight and think they have a real shot at handing the Warriors their first loss.
This above post is from early December and is the only play I've mentioned in this thread all season... I'll tout a second pick tonight.

Kings -5
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #507
azeri98

Mark Gasol out at least 6 weeks, I think Grizz miss the playoffs now.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #508
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
Mark Gasol out at least 6 weeks, I think Grizz miss the playoffs now.
I'd like to see them finish 5th n play the Clips, I wouldn't mind having a freebie in round 1
Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #509
azeri98

Quote:
I'd like to see them finish 5th n play the Clips, I wouldn't mind having a freebie in round 1
No way now, they will be lucky if they can finish in the playoffs. Same with the Bulls Butler out 3-4 weeks

Last edited by azeri98; 02-10-2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #510
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
No way now, they will be lucky if they can finish in the playoffs. Same with the Bulls Butler out 3-4 weeks
Seems like a pipe dream, I agree.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: