Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:54 AM   #466
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Any team could possibly be his future team. All this talk now is just made up by the media. KD isn't talking to anyone about his future beyond June.
Correct but he isn't going to go to a team who has enough money for a max deal with no shot at a championship. So a lot of teams who can afford him are disqualified from this conversation before it even starts. He wants a ring and what other team offers him a better opportunity in the league?
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #467
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
Correct but he isn't going to go to a team who has enough money for a max deal with no shot at a championship. So a lot of teams who can afford him are disqualified from this conversation before it even starts. He wants a ring and what other team offers him a better opportunity in the league?

I agree, just saying it is all just people guessing, there is no substance to any of the talk, be it Lakers, Knicks, Warriors, Wizards, whatever.

The Lakers talk is particularly hilarious. Why would he go to a dysfunctional organization, even if Russ joins him, instead of staying in OKC? Sure, they have two lottery picks, but both those picks were not looking very good at all, to be nice.

As for the Knicks, yes, Porzingis is promising, but an aging Carmelo and not much else. So yes, the Warriors make sense, but I just lump it in with all the other BS for now. Instead of reporting stories, reporters are trying to make stories.

In the end, where is he going to find a better running mate than Westbrook? Sure, the Warriors look like the better team, but Russ is as good as anyone on their roster, Curry included. The performance he put on last night is one of the top three games I've ever seen a player have. To go with Golden State, they'd have to lose several pieces, so I don't see how KD would be any better off there than he is in OKC. I also don't think he wants a "coattails ring" at this point in his career.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #468
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I agree, just saying it is all just people guessing, there is no substance to any of the talk, be it Lakers, Knicks, Warriors, Wizards, whatever.

The Lakers talk is particularly hilarious. Why would he go to a dysfunctional organization, even if Russ joins him, instead of staying in OKC? Sure, they have two lottery picks, but both those picks were not looking very good at all, to be nice.

As for the Knicks, yes, Porzingis is promising, but an aging Carmelo and not much else. So yes, the Warriors make sense, but I just lump it in with all the other BS for now. Instead of reporting stories, reporters are trying to make stories.

In the end, where is he going to find a better running mate than Westbrook? Sure, the Warriors look like the better team, but Russ is as good as anyone on their roster, Curry included. The performance he put on last night is one of the top three games I've ever seen a player have. To go with Golden State, they'd have to lose several pieces, so I don't see how KD would be any better off there than he is in OKC. I also don't think he wants a "coattails ring" at this point in his career.
Agree, I think Westbrook is the best player in the league if he could improve his 3 point shot he would be unstoppable, KD should stay in OKC if he knows Russ will stay.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #469
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

The 'substance' that people are going on is lack of commitment to OKC. If none of the rumors are true why not just verbally commit to OKC today? All the rumors go away if you have a presser saying you're staying.

If there's no commitment verbal or otherwise people are going to take that a certain way, that's how all these rumors start.

There is also 'inside knowledge' that we aren't privy to as fans that the Stephen A Smiths of the world can acquire from 'sources' they know things we don't and can't know. I agree with you on the lakers stuff their organization is a mess and even if KD and Russ can figure out a way to get to the lakers together, Jim buss and Mitch kupchak will screw the team up somehow anyway.

Will KD get traded for Griffin? we don't know what will happen, certainly interesting to think about.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #470
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The 'substance' that people are going on is lack of commitment to OKC. If none of the rumors are true why not just verbally commit to OKC today? All the rumors go away if you have a presser saying you're staying.

If there's no commitment verbal or otherwise people are going to take that a certain way, that's how all these rumors start.

There is also 'inside knowledge' that we aren't privy to as fans that the Stephen A Smiths of the world can acquire from 'sources' they know things we don't and can't know. I agree with you on the lakers stuff their organization is a mess and even if KD and Russ can figure out a way to get to the lakers together, Jim buss and Mitch kupchak will screw the team up somehow anyway.

Will KD get traded for Griffin? we don't know what will happen, certainly interesting to think about.
He'd be a fool to commit now. Anything could happen between now and July, and even if he did "commit" it would mean the same thing as DeAndre's commitment...nothing.

Stephen A. Smith is a joke. First Take is the king of making stories out of non-stories. There was a time I could tolerate that show, but those days are long gone. I don't even consider putting it on any longer. Smith has no inside sources with KD, I'm 1000% sure of that one.

KD for Griffin? LOL. Sure, about as likely and as one sided as Paul for Waiters.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #471
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
He'd be a fool to commit now. Anything could happen between now and July, and even if he did "commit" it would mean the same thing as DeAndre's commitment...nothing.

Stephen A. Smith is a joke. First Take is the king of making stories out of non-stories. There was a time I could tolerate that show, but those days are long gone. I don't even consider putting it on any longer. Smith has no inside sources with KD, I'm 1000% sure of that one.

KD for Griffin? LOL. Sure, about as likely and as one sided as Paul for Waiters.
It's not really KD for griffin if OKC feels they'll lose KD for nothing. This wouldn't be like trading 2 guys who just signed 7 year deals.

As far as Smith and his sources, it's just speculation on your part on who he knows and what he hears.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #472
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
As far as Smith and his sources, it's just speculation on your part on who he knows and what he hears.

It actually isn't, Smith is persona non grata with KD. If anyone close enough to KD leaked info that found its way to Smith he wouldn't be close to KD for long. I can't really say much more so you'll have to accept my word or don't. I'm fine either way.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #473
lansdale

Clickbait

Despite the relentless Chinese water torture of rumors of Durant's departure from OKC, as cj says, there is zero evidence his intends to leave. Why isn't it obvious to sports fans that this kind of gossip/clickbait is fabricated by a buck-hungry media? It's this kind of behavor that has made KD, a unpretentious good guy, despise the press - I don't blame him. Given that contempt, what makes anyone think that he would tell them anything about his intentions for next year, until he's ready to do so?
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #474
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
Despite the relentless Chinese water torture of rumors of Durant's departure from OKC, as cj says, there is zero evidence his intends to leave. Why isn't it obvious to sports fans that this kind of gossip/clickbait is fabricated by a buck-hungry media? It's this kind of behavor that has made KD, a unpretentious good guy, despise the press - I don't blame him. Given that contempt, what makes anyone think that he would tell them anything about his intentions for next year, until he's ready to do so?
Were only in the first week of February... Of course its all rumors... No one here is claiming that Durant came out and said he's leaving. But I think it would be foolish to think he's not going to weigh his options at seasons end. All the Warriors have to do is trade Iggy and not sign Barnes' qualifying offer to be able to afford Durant. You don't think they are going to at least give Durant's agent a call and if they call do you think Durant's agent isn't going to take a meeting with them?
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #475
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
Were only in the first week of February... Of course its all rumors... No one here is claiming that Durant came out and said he's leaving. But I think it would be foolish to think he's not going to weigh his options at seasons end. All the Warriors have to do is trade Iggy and not sign Barnes' qualifying offer to be able to afford Durant. You don't think they are going to at least give Durant's agent a call and if they call do you think Durant's agent isn't going to take a meeting with them?
This is exactly right, and was pretty much my point. Like I said, he'd be a fool not to listen to offers. In the end though nobody can beat OKC financially so it will come down to whether he wants to try to win here or go somewhere where things appear better. There can't be many of those though...Golden State would be about it.

But there are people quoting "sources", anonymous of course, on TV and in print. It's all bullshit. KD isn't talking to anyone outside his momma and his brother about what he might do. He probably doesn't even know himself yet.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:44 AM   #476
Stillriledup
Veteran

Crazy conspiracy theory time!

This Clippers water boy that Griffin punched? He was 'assigned' to get into an altercation w Blake so it would be easier for the Clipoers to trade him. The fans will 'understand' if Blake goes to OKC, Cle or somewhere else after showing he's a 'troublemaker'

It's likely the Clips will trade Blake as he doesn't seem to fit in, Blake coming back into the Clips lineup will just clog up what they're trying to do and he's a valuable asset now, clips can get a decent return. I hope they don't trade him straight up for Kevin love, that's a loss for the clippers, but with Love they become a much better rebounding team and that's something they have been a bit poor at recently.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #477
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It actually isn't, Smith is persona non grata with KD. If anyone close enough to KD leaked info that found its way to Smith he wouldn't be close to KD for long. I can't really say much more so you'll have to accept my word or don't. I'm fine either way.
I'm with you 100%. He really finds SAS distasteful and if it was a close friend he would be persona non grata plain and simple.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #478
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I'm with you 100%. He really finds SAS distasteful and if it was a close friend he would be persona non grata plain and simple.
Seems like the entire media is PNG w KD, it's not like he dislikes SAS and likes everyone else.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #479
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Seems like the entire media is PNG w KD, it's not like he dislikes SAS and likes everyone else.
Not true at all. He actually likes most of the guys, but not SAS. Sure, he speaks his mind and it isn't always what reporters want to hear, but that doesn't mean he dislikes them. SAS, not so much.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #480
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Not true at all. He actually likes most of the guys, but not SAS. Sure, he speaks his mind and it isn't always what reporters want to hear, but that doesn't mean he dislikes them. SAS, not so much.
He comes across like he doesn't like media in general. Maybe there's more angst towards Smith, but I don't get the vibe he's a 'giving' athlete when it comes to being generous to the media.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ays-hate-media

He's not a fan of the media and the process. Doesn't make him a bad guy though, but it is what it is.