Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #421
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Cleaned this up a bit for ya.
When KD signs with Jay Zs Nets, ill send you a Brooklyn hat.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #422
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We agree to disagree on this one. I'm not even going to discuss his coaching ability, but when you lose the support of your players news gets around pretty fast.

Maybe a team who was pretty bad would take a flyer on him. But since there's a chance of a fractious clubhouse it would be a long shot at best. A title like Tyronn Lue's could be attained but why would a team want to pay him while its the cavs who are on the hook?
Coaching ability? Did you see what Blatt did in Europe? On a league and international level? You're trying to say he doesn't have coaching ability? He didn't lose the support of his players... He lost the support of LeBron so everyone followed suit. The problem with LeBron is that he doesn't know what its like to actually be coached. He went his entire career calling the shots and then Blatt showed up.

Blatt isn't going to go from being an NBA coach who went to the Championship in his first season, the 4th best record in the NBA up to the point when he was fired in his second season to being an assistant in his third. He will either get a head coaching job in the NBA or not coach at all in the NBA.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #423
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Never gonna happen. Billy King set the Nets back 10 years. People think the Sixers are in trouble... Has anyone looked at the Nets future? Salary, future draft picks, etc... That team is done.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #424
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
Coaching ability? Did you see what Blatt did in Europe? On a league and international level? You're trying to say he doesn't have coaching ability? He didn't lose the support of his players... He lost the support of LeBron so everyone followed suit. The problem with LeBron is that he doesn't know what its like to actually be coached. He went his entire career calling the shots and then Blatt showed up.

Blatt isn't going to go from being an NBA coach who went to the Championship in his first season, the 4th best record in the NBA up to the point when he was fired in his second season to being an assistant in his third. He will either get a head coaching job in the NBA or not coach at all in the NBA.
Where did I criticize his coaching ability hang on to your hat. Everyone knows Lebron is the real GM of the Cavs and he doesn't have to be spoken to directly for his opinion to be heard. The same thing happened to Spoelstra when he went to Miami the difference being Riley stood by his man.

Yet when Lebron sat in his seat during a timeout in the GS loss he didn't exert his authority and say get the f*** off. That was noticed league wide and put in everybody's resume of him.

To be fair GM Lebron gave Blatt a lot of team to work with. He went as far as he could go winning two games in the final. There was no criticism of him by me (coaching) after the series ended. When he signed with the Cavs they weren't even expected to CONTEND for a playoff spot.

But I stand by what I said. His next job won't be as a head coach in the association. Please explain what team would hire him? He walked into a top five job in pro basketball rarely does anyone without NBA experience get an opportunity like that. I don't see where that anoints him to another job before proving himself in the NBA. To be fair on his side I would just collect the money unless ego gets in the way.

On his coaching on the international level that means diddly squat. He had to be restrained from calling a timeout that he didn't have left that probably would have cost them that game. That isn't a strike three offense but again that will stay in his resume.

I'll close with this. I much rather have Marc Jackson or Luke Walton as my next coach compared to Blatt. The players have a rapport with both of them and in the NBA that's a top three reason in hiring a head coach.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #425
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Where did I criticize his coaching ability hang on to your hat. Everyone knows Lebron is the real GM of the Cavs and he doesn't have to be spoken to directly for his opinion to be heard. The same thing happened to Spoelstra when he went to Miami the difference being Riley stood by his man.

Yet when Lebron sat in his seat during a timeout in the GS loss he didn't exert his authority and say get the f*** off. That was noticed league wide and put in everybody's resume of him.

To be fair GM Lebron gave Blatt a lot of team to work with. He went as far as he could go winning two games in the final. There was no criticism of him by me (coaching) after the series ended. When he signed with the Cavs they weren't even expected to CONTEND for a playoff spot.

But I stand by what I said. His next job won't be as a head coach in the association. Please explain what team would hire him? He walked into a top five job in pro basketball rarely does anyone without NBA experience get an opportunity like that. I don't see where that anoints him to another job before proving himself in the NBA. To be fair on his side I would just collect the money unless ego gets in the way.

On his coaching on the international level that means diddly squat. He had to be restrained from calling a timeout that he didn't have left that probably would have cost them that game. That isn't a strike three offense but again that will stay in his resume.

I'll close with this. I much rather have Marc Jackson or Luke Walton as my next coach compared to Blatt. The players have a rapport with both of them and in the NBA that's a top three reason in hiring a head coach.
By you saying that "you weren't even going to discuss his coaching ability" in a prior post... I thought you were implying that he wasn't a good coach. I apologize for the misinterpretation.

I think if Irving and Love were healthy during last years finals the Cavs would have won. The Warriors didn't play great they just ran into a depleted Cavs team.

His next job might not be a job in the Association. Maybe he returns to Europe or maybe he goes into broadcasting. I just don't see him being an assistant in the NBA. I've been wrong a lot before but I just don't see it.

You list one thing that Blatt did wrong in Europe and it didn't even have an effect on the outcome of the game. I'm not going to list all of Blatt's achievements but they can easily be found by googling him. Whoever lands Blatt will benefit from him.

I hope Walton goes the college route. I think he would be an awesome college coach. Jackson on the other hand... I'm not a fan.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #426
Valuist

Quote:
By you saying that "you weren't even going to discuss his coaching ability" in a prior post... I thought you were implying that he wasn't a good coach. I apologize for the misinterpretation.

I think if Irving and Love were healthy during last years finals the Cavs would have won. The Warriors didn't play great they just ran into a depleted Cavs team.

His next job might not be a job in the Association. Maybe he returns to Europe or maybe he goes into broadcasting. I just don't see him being an assistant in the NBA. I've been wrong a lot before but I just don't see it.

You list one thing that Blatt did wrong in Europe and it didn't even have an effect on the outcome of the game. I'm not going to list all of Blatt's achievements but they can easily be found by googling him. Whoever lands Blatt will benefit from him.

I hope Walton goes the college route. I think he would be an awesome college coach. Jackson on the other hand... I'm not a fan.
They weren't beating Golden State with a full deck last season (or this season). The Warriors are still pissed at the comments from guys like Doc Rivers, who implied that GS got "lucky" last year. Needless to say, the Warriors have kicked a tremendous amount of ass this season (including a fully healthy Cavs team in Cleveland less than a week ago).
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #427
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
They weren't beating Golden State with a full deck last season (or this season).
I guess you forget that the Cavs were up 2-1 with a starting lineup that consisted of James, Thompson, Mozgov, Shumpert and Dellavedova.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #428
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
LOL, yeah, that will happen.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #429
lansdale

Sayonara Cavs

Can't see Blatt's firing as being anything but an epically stupid decision by Griffin. According to 538, Blatt is the most successful coach ever fired in the NBA. Regardless of what they do, they ain't going to win it. It's gotta be galling for everybody associated with the Cavs - although they have a team that's very good by almost any measure - they could win ca. 58-60 games - they still will have to try to beat one of the two teams that are among the best that ever played in the NBA. No dice.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #430
ultracapper

Sorry to ask a question that I'm sure everybody on the face of the planet knows the answer to, but I watched some of the Clippers' game and no Griffin. What's up?

And how lame can Paul Pierce look? What a shame. He looked awful tonight.

Last edited by ultracapper; 01-24-2016 at 10:49 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2016, 02:15 AM   #431
Valuist

Sounds like Duncan will be out tomorrow for the game against the Warriors.

Both teams well rested, and both off on Tuesday. I'd have to lean toward the Spurs and the 5.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:21 AM   #432
Valuist

Quote:
I guess you forget that the Cavs were up 2-1 with a starting lineup that consisted of James, Thompson, Mozgov, Shumpert and Dellavedova.
We'll never know about last year but we saw both teams at full strength last week, and that was a take em to the woodshed pulverization. Lebron has some wear and tear on the tires, and the Warriors are a stronger team this season than last year. This is a two horse race, and there's a sizeable gap back to OKC and Cleveland, IMO.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:17 AM   #433
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Sorry to ask a question that I'm sure everybody on the face of the planet knows the answer to, but I watched some of the Clippers' game and no Griffin. What's up?

And how lame can Paul Pierce look? What a shame. He looked awful tonight.
Blake has an arm injury and he's missed at least 10 games, they're saying he's maybe a week away but there's no rush as long as the team is playing well.

Pierce is ok, he was flat today but other than that, he's much improved from earlier in the year. He's playing pretty well, you caught him on an off day. He's had jump in his step.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #434
Canarsie

Quote:

Lots of stuff I write gets misinterpreted I don't mind when someone comes back at me especially with a good argument and facts. You definitely lay out a nice presentation supporting him.

That one thing was in the finals last year when Blatt would have been called for a technical foul because he had no timeouts left.

David Blatt tried to call a timeout when he had none left

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...-had-none-left

I really don't think Irving should get all the accolades many people shower him with. He forces James to become a point forward which isn't exactly good for Love. I know its only around 12 games in but at least to me he appears to have lost a half step or more.

CJ is going to love what I say next. I put Westbrook and Durant ahead of James in my evaluation (not that it means anything) of players. I think many coaches strategy will be to give James a fairly open twenty footer or more and say 'I'm giving you this shot lets see if you can make it". Going to the basket there is no one stronger than Lebron that's where the majority of his points come now. His foul shooting has become horrendous for a great player like he is. Maybe all those minutes have finally caught up with him quickly.

I think if Walton gets head coaching job Blatt will join Kerr and will learn how a real team plays with unity not like the dysfunctional Cavs. The move makes sense for him and once players say they really like him and word gets around he can move to the top of the line getting another head coaching job.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #435
Canarsie

Quote:
Jesus Christ how old are you people? Fifty cents? When I was a kid I couldn't even buy a can of soda for fifty cents.
64 and the cost of the seats are. 100% accurate. Not only that but in the old garden they would give you passes to go outside during halftime because it was so damn hot in there. Lots of people would sell them especially if the game(s) stunk.

Box seats at Shea were $3.50 and general admission was $1.30

Jets tickets were three dollars and up this is one amount I'm not sure about.

We used to eat at Tads steaks I wouldn't feed my cats the food they make now and back when I was a teenager.

Farewell to Tad's, Manhattan's Last Meat Honkytonk

http://ny.eater.com/2014/7/9/6190829...meat-honkytonk

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: