Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
topgun

Angry Cynthia Publishing

Handicappers,

I don't post that often and I am very upset with this company. I called over there today to ask them why they have not returned any of my emails to them and the very nice guy by the name of Steve Unite hung up on me. I have bought many and many high price products from them. I want to warn others of what they may be getting into and now I see why Steve was fired from Horseplayer Magazine. I will never but anything from them again and I know what Mr Unite did to his old boss, he has no class! I could go on and on but why should I if you buy something you will find out. I wonder why Mark Cramer left them?

Topgun
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
andicap

hmmm, I've had absolutely no problems in my dealing with them in the last year. Have bougt two trainer books from them, got e-mail back within a day or two and the books with no problems. Very professional.
I've known Steve for a while and I'm surprised to hear that.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #3
topgun

That's and Im ME!

Hello,

I have no reason to lie and all you have to do is call them, as if he is honest he will tell you what he did.

Ron
Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #4
kitts

Topgun-
Since you had the trouble you described, I don't blame you. It is unfortunate when that kind of thing happens. I have known Steve Unite a long time and have never had any problems. I know not of his tenure with Horseplayer magazine and I do not understand your reference to what he did to his old boss. All this is sorta sad. But understandable.

Kitts Anderson
Chairman, Oldguys Oasis
kitts is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
highnote

Steve spoke at a seminar in L.A. that my associate and I staged for the 1997 Breeders' Cup. He was very sharp and very friendly. Has always been willing to help. Dick Mitchell even let us use some of his mailing list for free since Steve was speaking. I am surprised to hear negative things about Steve, too. Maybe he was having a bad day. It happens.

If I'm not mistaken, he went to college in N.Orleans (Tulane?), so maybe he was affected by Katrina?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2005, 11:20 PM   #6
ceejay

I bought a product I was dissatisfied with (Chucking the chalk). I returned it and they issued a refund. Bad product but good service in this case for me.
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
betovernetcapper

I dumped my Cynthia Publishing software when Gordon left-haven't looked back.
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
toetoe
Veteran

Kitts,

I know you worked there in 1991, as I met you there. I imagine the turnover is like anywhere else.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #9
topgun

Angry poor service

Betovernetcapper

I really can't blame you and Gordon Pine has a lot of class and Steve should have picked up a few things instead of bad mouthing the guy all the time. I will not buy anything else from them!

Topgun
Old 09-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #10
andicap

Does Steve badmouth Gordon? I always thought it was Dick Mitchell he didn't like.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
ldiatone

cyn

i never had a problem with them in the last ten years. as a matter of fact they took care of problem i had with no problem. right away to.
john
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #12
The Judge

Swetyejohn

Was this the seminar with Nick Mordin of England and Dr Z, if so I was at that seminar. I was staying at the hotel and just lucked up on the seminar.

Never had any problem with Cynthia Publishing.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #13
so.cal.fan

I know Steve Unite......he doesn't have a real gushy personality, but he is a good guy. I'm sorry you had a problem....but like others have said, perhaps Steve was having a rough day.....give him the slack.
As for HorsePlayer magazine....I miss his articles. I doubt if the owner of that publication had a problem with Steve, I'll bet it was the other way around and for good reason.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #14
kitts

Toetoe-

Thanks for the mention.

Kitts Anderson
Chairman, Oldguys Oasis
kitts is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #15
JackS

As a respectable company, Cynthia Puplishing is top notch with their products and their delivery. Problem now is ,they show very little interest in their discussion board and communicating with their customers. Their site (which I like) is a sort of FYI only without any ongoing dialog between them and athe people who buy their products. The old days are gone and that leaves us with nothing to do except "get used to it".
JackS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply