Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #196
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Worked 4 days prior, out worked 30 horses and prior to that outworked 57 horses I don't care about the "my" race at all And how do you know when the blinkers went on? Could have been earlier work and off for the last or on for both or? Probably experimenting in the AM
My original statement was you couldn't find this horse without angles, whether you agree with mine or not No pace/speed figs were going to find this horse

That's true, but does this angle work long term? That's the problem with angles that don't deal with ability. Are they reliable? I'm writing my new book now and this is one of the things I talk about. I used to bet horses that were bred for turf in their turf debuts and I hit plenty of longshot winners, but then I realized that all I was doing is getting lucky occasionally and that there were much better longshot plays that actually had a good chance of winning.

I do agree with you that some quick workouts are better than slow workouts with horses that don't show much on the form. At least it shows they can run a bit.

Last edited by pandy; 05-31-2016 at 10:25 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #197
Tony L

NCG you said "I plan to give an honest, unbiased report--even though I know the owner personally". But you ARE the owner, it's your website, it's your program. Why didn't you just say so?
Tony L is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #198
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony L
NCG you said "I plan to give an honest, unbiased report--even though I know the owner personally". But you ARE the owner, it's your website, it's your program. Why didn't you just say so?
I think he was joking.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #199
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony L
His software isn't Thee Top Three if that's what your saying
Sorry my mistake just saw other post Ive done testing for him It performs well

Last edited by upthecreek; 06-10-2016 at 02:22 PM.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 03:02 PM   #200
completebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I get what you're saying, and I do disagree with you. The information in the Bris Date files is essentially the same past performance information that's available in every past performance publication or data file. They all use the same information from the same source, Equibase.

If what you're saying is true, the only way to "roll your own" would be to totally ignore the past performances and bet just by watching the races, sort of the way they do it in Europe, no fractions, no running lines, etc. Although you would still be using the same performances that everyone else is. There is no way to avoid using the same information because the information is the same and the only way the information could change would be if you lived in some sort of different world than the rest of us where they ran horse races that only you could see.

There is a lot of information and many different ways of interpreting it. If you find something that's working for you, that does not mean that everyone else is going to find it and ruin your chances of winning. First of all, you're putting horseplayers into a category that few can aspire to. The vast majority of horseplayers are not that good at interpreting the past performances.

Pandy---I've bought and used many of your products, and I try to read everything you write. I admire you greatly.

BUT----You are dead WRONG. HDW data files are so superior to anything available that any comparisons aren't even close!
completebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #201
completebill

[QUOTE=NorCalGreg]I actually purchased this program a few months ago, looked it over....and left it alone up until a few weeks ago. It was a snap to install, uses the Bris $1 single data files...which I buy anyway for another software program.

Upon opening the program, you come to a "tweaking" or program module--I simply by pass that, and click "view card".
What that opens is pretty cool---think of the Bris Summary, on steroids.
Appx 25 columns of sortable info such as:

RATING*PRIME*TRAINERWIN%*JOCKEYWIN%*RECENCYPOINTS* CLASSPOINTS
*EARNINGS*SPEEDPOINTS*PACE/SPEED*FINISHSPEED*BLINKERPOINTS

Any program that uses "Recency Points" is doomed to fail. "Recency" is an obsolete concept. Research now reveals that, for most horses (Dependent on training methods), the optimum time between races is about 29 days.

Also, good trainer stat will tell you how a trainer actually performs with varying layoff periods.

SAME with "Speed" (final time). EVERYONE has speed figures (some better than others). They're so over-bet as to be useless. MUCH more important is data/information that can predict IMPROVEMENT. E.G.---Trainer changes, jockey changes, "Hot" trainer, workouts, distance changes, equipment changes, etc.
completebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #202
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by completebill
Pandy---I've bought and used many of your products, and I try to read everything you write. I admire you greatly.

BUT----You are dead WRONG. HDW data files are so superior to anything available that any comparisons aren't even close!
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. I'll be honest, I don't use HDW files. I was just making a statement that all files as based on equibase charts.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #203
chrisl

How to scratch a horse

Can anyone tell me how to scratch a horse in Thee Top Three software. Thanks
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #204
Southbaygent
TomT

Sorry but it doesn’t support scratches, frustrating but true.
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 11:01 PM   #205
chrisl

Look in the other top three thread. Head hawg has a download that works with TTT for scratches. Are you currently using Thee Top Three.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:18 AM   #206
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Look in the other top three thread. Head hawg has a download that works with TTT for scratches. Are you currently using Thee Top Three.
How is the program Chris?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #207
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
How is the program Chris?
Have not had much time to run it through the paces. It did not fair well at GG. I have done some checking at Gulfstream and it did some pretty good hit's there on Saturday. My plan after running a few more cards. I will post the top three in the selection thread.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #208
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Have not had much time to run it through the paces. It did not fair well at GG. I have done some checking at Gulfstream and it did some pretty good hit's there on Saturday. My plan after running a few more cards. I will post the top three in the selection thread.
Appreciate it...can you post some pix of the GP races...

since the developer opted out ...dont worry about any problems
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #209
chrisl

MNRrace #8 6-8-20.PNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Appreciate it...can you post some pix of the GP races...

since the developer opted out ...dont worry about any problems
Old 06-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #210
chrisl

Night cap at MNR race #8 6/8/20 TTT had the #1 on top paid 32/1