Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #3361
davew

big pharma model and curing with drugs … imbedded in deep state
Fauci needs to retire

we need a vaccine and cure because that is what some MDs require
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #3362
coachv30

The only way any leader would have been prepared for something like this is if he made sure we were "Prepared for something like this". Which means, anticipating something along these lines and having the proper measures in place before it happens....what those measures are, outside of having a HUGE surplus of PPE, I'm not sure. Kinda like locking our doors every night in case of an intruder. We don't do it only when we hear that there may be an intruder in the neighborhood, we do it all the time.......JUST IN CASE.

This also means that our "current leader' would probably not have been the one in charge of putting these thing in place, however, he/she SHOULD be the one who maintains and makes sure that these efforts are continued, not abandoning them because they were not part of his/her agenda.

Therefore......

1) Is Trump responsible for our unpreparedness? I would have to say "NO". Some would disagree because he supposedly dismantled certain efforts that were in place to help with an epidemic like this, but I don't know enough about that and besides......would those efforts have this under control?

2) Does Trump have this all under control like he wants us all to believe? NO

3) Should he be coming off like he has things under control? YES, it's his job to put the country at some sort of ease.

4) Does he tend to speak with a lack of knowledge of this whole situation, YES (at times). However, nobody has a complete understanding, not even the experts. However, the experts will come out and tell you that they don't.

5) Would TRUMP gain a lot more respect if he would stop talking about all the GREAT things that have occurred in his tenure? I think so.....not too many care about those things right now, that is why these are called "Coronavirus Press Briefings", not "How am I doing lately briefings".

6) Would Trump fare better if he responded to some of the media questions with, "I don't have the answer to that". Stop asking me questions that you know that I, or anyone else does not have the current answer to." YES, instead of giving answers that are just giving all of his non-followers reasons to shred him up.

7) Back to the beginning, would Trump be better off with asking "Why were WE as a country not better prepared for this from past administrations that could have locked the door every night, JUST IN CASE", instead of expecting me to have all of the answers in the here and now.

Just my whole take on things....tear it up if you want....I'm not well schooled in the political realm so I probably wont be responding to many replies...I would just like to hear other's opinions.

Happy Easter All
Old 04-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #3363
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
The only way any leader would have been prepared for something like this is if he made sure we were "Prepared for something like this". Which means, anticipating something along these lines and having the proper measures in place before it happens....what those measures are, outside of having a HUGE surplus of PPE, I'm not sure. Kinda like locking our doors every night in case of an intruder. We don't do it only when we hear that there may be an intruder in the neighborhood, we do it all the time.......JUST IN CASE.

This also means that our "current leader' would probably not have been the one in charge of putting these thing in place, however, he/she SHOULD be the one who maintains and makes sure that these efforts are continued, not abandoning them because they were not part of his/her agenda.

Therefore......

1) Is Trump responsible for our unpreparedness? I would have to say "NO". Some would disagree because he supposedly dismantled certain efforts that were in place to help with an epidemic like this, but I don't know enough about that and besides......would those efforts have this under control?

2) Does Trump have this all under control like he wants us all to believe? NO

3) Should he be coming off like he has things under control? YES, it's his job to put the country at some sort of ease.

4) Does he tend to speak with a lack of knowledge of this whole situation, YES (at times). However, nobody has a complete understanding, not even the experts. However, the experts will come out and tell you that they don't.

5) Would TRUMP gain a lot more respect if he would stop talking about all the GREAT things that have occurred in his tenure? I think so.....not too many care about those things right now, that is why these are called "Coronavirus Press Briefings", not "How am I doing lately briefings".

6) Would Trump fare better if he responded to some of the media questions with, "I don't have the answer to that". Stop asking me questions that you know that I, or anyone else does not have the current answer to." YES, instead of giving answers that are just giving all of his non-followers reasons to shred him up.

7) Back to the beginning, would Trump be better off with asking "Why were WE as a country not better prepared for this from past administrations that could have locked the door every night, JUST IN CASE", instead of expecting me to have all of the answers in the here and now.

Just my whole take on things....tear it up if you want....I'm not well schooled in the political realm so I probably wont be responding to many replies...I would just like to hear other's opinions.

Happy Easter All
A very thoughtful and pragmatic post, indeed.

And, Happy Easter to you!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2020, 09:28 PM   #3364
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2020, 02:42 AM   #3365
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There's a sickness in this country, but it's not necessarily the virus:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ns/ar-BB12wqGD
Old 04-13-2020, 02:51 AM   #3366
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
The Hospitalist has a link to the results of the first 80 patient (1 death) study from April 1st. I know it is over 800 now you'll have to find if you want.
Unless you set up a DOUBLE BLIND (where the "uniformed" associates who give out the UNKNOWN sample of drug=placebo along with separated placebo only) and then a SECOND evaluator group who are also in the dark as to who took the active ingredient and who just too placebo....THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW IF THE EFFECT was caused by the drug or it just resolved on its own.

CONTROLLED studies require that the entire result from both groups attain statistical significance to a p value less than 0.05.It indicates strong evidence against the null hypothesis, as there is less than a 5% probability the null is correct (and the results are random). Therefore, we reject the null hypothesis, and accept the alternative hypothesis.

(in a statistical test) the null hypothesis states that there is no significant difference between specified populations, any observed difference being due to sampling or experimental error.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:13 AM   #3367
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There's a sickness in this country, but it's not necessarily the virus:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ns/ar-BB12wqGD
Which is why we desperately need a vaccine.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2020, 05:45 AM   #3368
davew

a Marxist infiltration and effort to destroy the United States as we know it

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2020, 11:06 AM   #3369
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/medica...irus-patients/

Quote:
America's major medical society specializing in the
treatment of respiratory diseases has endorsed using
hydrochloroqine for seriously ill hospitalized
coronavisus patients.

The American Thoracic Society issued guidelines
Monday that suggest COVID-19 patients with
pneumonia get doses of the anti-malarial drug.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #3370
FantasticDan
gelding

Hey PA, Bill Bennett is singing your song!

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #3371
MargieRose

This is half good. For the most vulnerable people (elderly with underlying conditions), I think the drug might be more effective were it to be given at the onset of even minor symptoms, or maybe with even no symptoms.

Soldiers in Viet Nam were given the drug as a preventative to contracting malaria, with successful results. It wasn't just given once malaria was contracted, which probably would have been too late to prevent the disease from taking hold.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #3372
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Hey PA, Bill Bennett is singing your song!

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1249730561624530951
Why did South Korea (being praised for how they've handled the pandemic) not shut down the whole country? Schools were closed, but that's about it. What they did do is isolate/quarantine the vulnerable and those testing positive only.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #3373
Southbaygent
TomT

Good post, +1 on most of it
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #3374
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Why did South Korea (being praised for how they've handled the pandemic) not shut down the whole country? Schools were closed, but that's about it. What they did do is isolate/quarantine the vulnerable and those testing positive only.
Because for our country, this is an ELECTION year...and, public opinion weighs more now than it does during other years.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #3375
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
South Korea does test and trace.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51836898

United States does not.

Allan

Last edited by biggestal99; 04-13-2020 at 02:33 PM.
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply