Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-23-2021, 11:33 PM   #16
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Such an incredible shame all of the gross mismanagement by the political elite in CA!! About 30 years ago, when I lived in No. Cal. in and around the Pleasanton area it was simply the best climate that I ever lived in. Loved it!! Sometimes miss it horribly until I hear from my friends that still live there talking of just how much of a cesspool it has become.
Don’t know much about the Pleasanton area but unlike most posters on this thread I actually live in California (Palm Springs) and love it. Cvd 19 aside, the climate, geology, culture, food, entertainment and all around QOL beats any other place I’ve lived. My one complaint would be the abundance of fruits and nuts but they typically keep to themselves so really not a problem.

It is true that CA’s liberal polices will eventually bankrupt the state but by then I expect to be long dead.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Don’t know much about the Pleasanton area but unlike most posters on this thread I actually live in California (Palm Springs) and love it. Cvd 19 aside, the climate, geology, culture, food, entertainment and all around QOL beats any other place I’ve lived. My one complaint would be the abundance of fruits and nuts but they typically keep to themselves so really not a problem.

It is true that CA’s liberal polices will eventually bankrupt the state but by then I expect to be long dead.
Palm Springs has always been ahead of the pack in California.

That’s why it’s such a huge retirement destination. There are a few other places in California that seem to stay above the fray. But eventually I think the policies hurt everyone
Old 01-24-2021, 12:42 PM   #18
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Such an incredible shame all of the gross mismanagement by the political elite in CA!! About 30 years ago, when I lived in No. Cal. in and around the Pleasanton area it was simply the best climate that I ever lived in. Loved it!! Sometimes miss it horribly until I hear from my friends that still live there talking of just how much of a cesspool it has become.

Pleasanton area is still very nice. I looked at relocating there from Sacramento. Way to rich for my blood, but a very nice area. Has a really nice OTB well it used to. I have not been to it in years. I have a large project in the Chico area. I will be relocating there. Chico is a way different world. It is like being in another state. Great sensible people.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #19
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Pleasanton area is still very nice. I looked at relocating there from Sacramento. Way to rich for my blood, but a very nice area. Has a really nice OTB well it used to. I have not been to it in years. I have a large project in the Chico area. I will be relocating there. Chico is a way different world. It is like being in another state. Great sensible people.
My daughter graduated from Chico State 2 years ago so I have spent considerable time in Chico. I would agree with your assessment about the people of Chico. My only complaint is with the large homeless population especially around campus.