Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #316
Andy Asaro

https://www.theepochtimes.com/this-e...r_3585582.html

Excerpt:

When Powell said she had explosive documents given to her under seal that would blow the Gen. Michael T. Flynn case wide open, she was not exaggerating. That is exactly what happened. The documents proved exactly what Powell claimed they would prove: that Gen. Flynn was the victim of a criminal conspiracy to frame him for a nonexistent crime.

When Giuliani made claims about the explosive contents of the abandoned Hunter Biden laptop, he, too, turned out to not be exaggerating. He said the laptop contents would shed light on allegations that the Biden family is corrupt and likely compromised by the CCP regime in Beijing. And from what we’ve seen from the laptop and from whistleblowers such as Tony Bobulinski, the former mayor of New York wasn’t embellishing the facts.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #317
Andy Asaro

GEORGIAPublished November 21, 2020Last Update 3 hrs ago

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp certifies election results, calls for another hand recount
The Trump 2020 Campaign can request another recount following the certification
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/geo...ession=trueYes

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-21-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 09:29 AM   #318
davew

Georgia got better with mail-in voting

in 2016 6.2% were rejected for problems, in 2020 0.2% only were rejected

affidavits from people saying thousands of 'pristine' ballots only had 1 box marked (for Biden) - they made it through the mail without even getting folded to fit into the protection envelope
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #319
Burls
Veteran

That's okay Sidney Powell has EXPLOSIVE documents.

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #320
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Another interview with Sidney, this time on Friday:

https://omny.fm/shows/examining-poli...powell#sharing

Although I think she has stated it previously, she reiterates that REPUBLICIANS are in on the fraud (like the governor of GA) as well. This is why the corruption is soooo deep and wide, and why many republicans have been unwilling to support the investigation efforts. Along with the Democrats, many of them are mutual beneficiaries! It should soon become very clear to most people, if they do not already understand, that this is going to be a David vs. Goliath battle.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #321
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Are you people serious?

Tucker Carlson is the ONLY ONE with the actual BALLS to say the things that NEED TO BE SAID...on a NIGHTLY BASIS...

He's said things that, quite frankly, leave me shocked that he's actually STILL ON THE AIR...that's how much he pushes the envelope.

And you're sitting here KNOCKING him over some stupid interaction with some stupid lawyer who is not doing Trump any favors in the court of public opinion?

Even if I agreed with you in this instance (and I don't), it's going to take a TON MORE than this to even begin to budge my opinion of the guy.

He's the GOAT for a reason.

Even Pete Rose struck out every now and then...
Your analogy suggests to me that you actually do agree that Tucker screwed up with this one.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #322
thaskalos

If Tucker Carlson lied about Sidney Powell...then he could have been lying to his audience all along.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #323
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I've been reading a new book recently which has made a grand impression on me. Here it is...in case someone here gets curious enough to check it out for him/herself:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1785355872...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Allow me to offer a small snippet from the very beginning of the book, as an appetizer:

"You can control nothing other than your own attitudes, values, and efforts directed at self discipline. The rest of the world is as it is, will be as it will be, and unfolds as it does with or without your consent. This is as it should be. Indeed, this is as it must be. You have enough to contend with just governing your own thoughts and actions. Master yourself, administer your affairs, discipline yourself, and you will have accomplished more than most ever dare. This is your only purpose. Are you not ashamed to allow the events of the day to throw you off balance? What business is it of yours if lives begin or end, warfare erupts here or peace is restored there, economies shudder, earthquakes strike, or storms beat down upon the land? Will it all to be otherwise if you can. What answers directly to your will? That, and only that, is your business. Do not invite needless distress and perturbation by insisting that the world must conform to your expectations or whims. Who, after all, do you think you are? Control the very small sphere that answers to your direction. As for the rest, cultivate gratitude for the opportunity to draw breath and take part in a life that you never earned."
Was it written by an ex-hippie? Carry on as you were.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #324
MargieRose

Quote:
I've been reading a new book recently which has made a grand impression on me. Here it is...in case someone here gets curious enough to check it out for him/herself:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1785355872...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Allow me to offer a small snippet from the very beginning of the book, as an appetizer:

"You can control nothing other than your own attitudes, values, and efforts directed at self discipline. The rest of the world is as it is, will be as it will be, and unfolds as it does with or without your consent. This is as it should be. Indeed, this is as it must be. You have enough to contend with just governing your own thoughts and actions. Master yourself, administer your affairs, discipline yourself, and you will have accomplished more than most ever dare. This is your only purpose. Are you not ashamed to allow the events of the day to throw you off balance? What business is it of yours if lives begin or end, warfare erupts here or peace is restored there, economies shudder, earthquakes strike, or storms beat down upon the land? Will it all to be otherwise if you can. What answers directly to your will? That, and only that, is your business. Do not invite needless distress and perturbation by insisting that the world must conform to your expectations or whims. Who, after all, do you think you are? Control the very small sphere that answers to your direction. As for the rest, cultivate gratitude for the opportunity to draw breath and take part in a life that you never earned."
A fatalistic/predetermined attitude, methinks.

Quote:
A fatalistic person believes in destiny: whatever is meant to happen will happen. Fatalistic often relates to bad things. If someone has a fatalistic attitude toward a situation, chances are that means the person is expecting things to turn out badly and sees no point in trying to change that outcome.
We all should then just stop worrying about the Chinese virus. We have no control over it. Let the chips fall where they may; after all, no man dies before his time; not even the the scientists. Get on with life!
Old 11-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #325
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
A fatalistic/predetermined attitude, methinks.

We all should then just stop worrying about the Chinese virus. We have no control over it. Let the chips fall where they may; after all, no man dies before his time; not even the the scientists. Get on with life!
I don't understand. Hasn't the Trump message all along been to "stop worrying about the virus, and get on with life?" Isn't this what most of the members here have been advocating...as they make fun of the few here who are "hiding in basements or under their beds?

I don't get the criticism here, Margie.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #326
MargieRose

Quote:
If Tucker Carlson lied about Sidney Powell...then he could have been lying to his audience all along.*
Didn't Tucker Carlson once claim that his show was meant for "entertainment"?

In defending a lawsuit against Carlson, Fox once asserted that: "Reasonable viewers don’t look to Tucker Carlson for facts."

“It’s a commentary show,” Fox’s lawyer Erin Murphy, of the firm Kirkland & Ellis, insisted during arguments trying to swat away McDougal’s defamation lawsuit. “It’s a show that markets itself … as opinion and spirited debate. That context matters.”

*So...could be yes, could be no, or maybe just sometimes.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #327
MargieRose

Quote:
I don't understand. Hasn't the Trump message all along been to "stop worrying about the virus, and get on with life?" Isn't this what most of the members here have been advocating...as they make fun of the few here who are "hiding in basements or under their beds?

Not really a criticism, just an observation and interpretation of his views. He does have a right to them, as we all do.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #328
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Didn't Tucker Carlson once claim that his show was meant for "entertainment"?
Ahhh... NOW you bring that little tidbit up. As long as TC was kissing Trump's ass, you never thought of telling this to PA-Mike when he kept praising TC for this "truth-telling."
Old 11-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #329
MargieRose

Quote:

And, I don't believe that Trump's message was as barren as you stated. I don't think he ever implied not to worry about it; not to be vigilant in protecting oneself against it. His attitude was more of optimism, rather than fatalism.

Last edited by MargieRose; 11-21-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #330
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
And if she DOESN'T deliver this "staggering evidence" as promised...I suppose that you and your "honest team" will be quick to admit that these fraud allegations were a sham...RIGHT? I am "biased"...but you are not.
If she doesn't deliver I'd be shocked, but no, if Trump loses his case I'll know his lawyers did a super shitty job...and move on. I don't particularly enjoy riots, killing cops, looting, acting like sub-human animals if I don't get my way.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply