Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 3.50 average.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #376
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Let Boss Lady Platinum stand in for Queen of Spades and that synopsis reads like a script. Total return on the $10 wager is 31.60.

Nice call Murph.
Did you just congratulate yourself?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #377
ultracapper

facetious?
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #378
HalvOnHorseracing

I've got a couple of longshots that I'm interested in tomorrow. Gee'n Tee in the 2nd is probably more of a hunch than a solid handicapping play, although I have a few positives. He's dropping out of MSW into the claiming ranks, and that is always a powerful move. He also showed a little bit more speed in his last race than the previous effort. Finally, he has strong turf breeding and strong breeding for the distance and it's not a particularly strong field. He should be very long odds.

Mister Monolo in the 3rd was racing with much better last year and seemed to show a little more interest when moved back to the main. He's 10-1 ML.

Bishop's Pond in the 7th is 20-1 on the ML and is making her first try with stakes company. Her figures are actually competitive. I'm looking at her more in the verticals.

Tapceptional in the 8th goes first time for David Donk, and has a nice series of speed works. Should be able to get out and be a factor from the rail.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #379
sour grapes
Veteran

where in the world is EMD

havnt seen him post his picks in a while.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #380
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Did you just congratulate yourself?
Of course. Do you disagree?
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #381
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Of course. Do you disagree?
Just seemed weird.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #382
whodoyoulike
Veteran

BRIS PP#1

Aqu 04/15/17

race 6 8f cl16n2L $27k 3up augie's coming (E 5) (2/1)

race 7 8f T stk $100k f/m 4up bar of gold (P 5) (4/1)

race 8 6.5f sMC40 $41k f/m 3up tough old bird (S 2) (2/1) (6/12 FTS)
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #383
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Just seemed weird.
You know how rare it is to be on a roll. It only lasts a minute or two. I couldn't help myself.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #384
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Race 3:

6/5
9/2

Both look like plays at the moment.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #385
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Race 3:

6/5
9/2

Both look like plays at the moment.
wins at 7/5...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #386
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I've got a couple of longshots that I'm interested in tomorrow. Gee'n Tee in the 2nd is probably more of a hunch than a solid handicapping play, although I have a few positives. He's dropping out of MSW into the claiming ranks, and that is always a powerful move. He also showed a little bit more speed in his last race than the previous effort. Finally, he has strong turf breeding and strong breeding for the distance and it's not a particularly strong field. He should be very long odds.

Mister Monolo in the 3rd was racing with much better last year and seemed to show a little more interest when moved back to the main. He's 10-1 ML.

Bishop's Pond in the 7th is 20-1 on the ML and is making her first try with stakes company. Her figures are actually competitive. I'm looking at her more in the verticals.

Tapceptional in the 8th goes first time for David Donk, and has a nice series of speed works. Should be able to get out and be a factor from the rail.
Update:

Gee'n Tee took the lead, spit the bit in the stretch. Ran much better on the turf. May be worth a look next out.

Mister Monolo ran a dull race, plodding in last and finishing well back in 6th.

Bishops Pond took the lead, held very tough in the stretch, could not hold off the top selection Light in Paris, but did hold the place. Paid $21.60, triggered a $196 exacta. Made the day.

Tapceptional scratched.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #387
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
BRIS PP#1

Aqu 04/15/17

Finished 2nd @ 1.05 -- 0.00 3.40 3.30 Winner BPP#7

Quote:
SIR MAURICE (BPP#7) was pinched at the break, with the rider forced to take hold as DAN THE MAN crossed over in front, departed the backstretch from the three path, was called upon for more after halfway around the bend, spun into the stretch under a drive and drifted a couple of paths wider, with each of fighting frontrunners having moved much farther off the rail themselves, straightened away and issued a five wide challenge, got engaged in a head to head fight with AUGIE'S COMING in the final furlong and gamely got the job done. AUGIE'S COMING grabbed the advantage soon after the start, remained along the inside route, set the opening split being attended by CLEAR SURPRISE to the outside, saw an on-the-muscle TIPIT replace that foe as the nemeis coming to the half mile pole, was intensely pressured by the aforementioned rival all throughout the run around the bend, began to edge away coming to the quarter pole, drifted approximately three wide into the stretch, got pounced upon by the eventual winner in short order, was headed in midlane, fought onward in a willing manner but had to settle for a second best designation.
Finished 4th @ 1.60 -- 0.00 0.00 0.00 Winner BPP#2

Quote:
LIGHT IN PARIS (IRE) broke in at the start bumping BAR OF GOLD, tracked the pace along the inside in hand at times behind the cover of the leader BISHOP'S POND, swung three wide into upper stretch roused, didn't have a seam between foes thre-sixtenenths out and angled to the rail nearing the eighth pole, burst through the inside of a trio to take command just inside that station, edged away under a drive to prevail. BISHOP'S POND broke out at the start bumping BAR OF GOLD, established the front and showed the way in hand inside through the first turn settling into a comfortable rhythm down the backstretch, remained patiently handled until put to light coaxing five-sixteenths from home, spun just off the inside into upper stretch set down for the drive, dug in under threat from a pair to the outside, had the aformentioned foe appear inside a furlong out and was displaced from the lead just inside the eighth pole, dug in and ran on to secure the place honors from a pair. MY SWEET GIRL under a firm hold forwardly placed in the two path, remained patiently handled until set down angled four wide into upper stretch, rallied to issue a threat a furlong from home, kept on through the to the finish but was outfinished. BAR OF GOLD bumped between foes at the start that each broke her way, settled saving ground at the rear of the field, tipped out three to four wide into the backstretch, took the overland route four wide through the far turn advancing on the front under light coaxing, went six to seven wide at the quarter pole, rallied the outermost of a quartet to strike the eighth pole latched on to one another, kept on to the wire but was outfinished.
Finished 5th @ 2.40 -- 0.00 0.00 0.00 Winner BPP# NA (FTS)

Quote:
TOUGH OLD BIRD got away to a sluggish beginning, responded some hand encouragement and scurried her way into the middle of the pack, travelled two wide on the turn, angled out into path six after entering the stretch, made no further headway.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #388
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Update:

Gee'n Tee took the lead, spit the bit in the stretch. Ran much better on the turf. May be worth a look next out.

Mister Monolo ran a dull race, plodding in last and finishing well back in 6th.

Bishops Pond took the lead, held very tough in the stretch, could not hold off the top selection Light in Paris, but did hold the place. Paid $21.60, triggered a $196 exacta. Made the day.

Tapceptional scratched.
Thanks Rich, As I told you earlier, I was playing all your LS plays without looking at the PP's. Since I bet same amount WP on all three, came out ahead. Good Job. Really thought GnT at 20-1 was going to pull it off as well.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #389
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Thanks Rich, As I told you earlier, I was playing all your LS plays without looking at the PP's. Since I bet same amount WP on all three, came out ahead. Good Job. Really thought GnT at 20-1 was going to pull it off as well.
Thanks. There was a moment I thought Bishop's Pond would fold, but he really showed heart in the stretch. I was pretty pumped when I realized he was going to hang on.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #390
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Two Parkers, two Pletchers and Two Wards.

Nice way to start off the pick 5
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply