Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 3.50 average.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #196
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Live plays for Thursday, April 6th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R4- Majestic Mac (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - G C Contessa

AQU-R5- Late Night Kiss (KY) 12-1 L R Reyes - G C Contessa

AQU-R6- Mr. Canada (KY) 20-1 K Mendez - N Terracciano

AQU-R7- Two Down One to Go (NY) 4-1 K Carmouche - S M Asmussen

AQU-R9- Impazible Angela (NY) 20-1 A J Ayala - A C Adsit

Change made in AQU-R9 due to scratch of #4, now the #11...
Results= ZIPPO
(Though Mr. Canada just missed at 23-1)

Daily Plays= 5
Daily Winners= 0
Daily Net= -10.00

Total Plays= 26
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 11%
Running Total= -18.50
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #197
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'd genuinely like to hear how liking her on the 20th translates to being a fan today, three bad starts later.
Hey CJ, welcome back sir.

Sure. Looking at her return to racing in 2016, she peaked on March 31st, when she was hung out 4w of 4 in a 4h duel, showed good heart (for a double digit lifetime maiden) to EARN 2nd and earned a 49 Beyer figure that day.

The best dirt figure/wet dirt figure in the field today was a 52/47, so her best puts her right in it.

Fast forward:

Dec 9th, flashed some speed off layoff, throw race out, needed it.

Jan 6th, improved run. Here's why: broke out, had to be straightened by jock. Hustled and made up 1 in q1 (spent energy). Then, jock had her under a hold as he looked scared to go on the far turn, then the hole closed at the 5/16, idled for a 1/16, was set down and finished with good energy.

Jan 20th, I personally don't count the TWO TURN route against her, see her as a sprinter. Easygoer89 was close, I loved her in her next start, not Jan 20th. I felt she was ready to pop and cycling up.

Feb 17th, I bet her. The pace was a joke, 71 (TFUS) Q1. 70 the rest of the way. So, the flow was even. She kept improving the whole way.

Mar 12, I bet her again/used her again in Picks. Her right end hit the gate and then PP4 was smashed and in return bumped her hard, she was off slow and the jock over reacted, pumping to death to catch stride and to hold ground well in the 1st quarter. She was taken wide for no reason into the clubhouse turn, chased wide in Q2 and then kept on solidly in the lane, evidenced also by TFUS figs of 26 45 52 52

So, to recap, many hidden trip notes. Liked her just 2 back a lot, followed her back in last. She was a victim at the start in last. Is facing the worst bunch of pacers, cough cough, trotters, cough, maiden claimers you could ever find and got an EXTRA furlong to suck up in.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 04-06-2017 at 07:20 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #198
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
Race 1 tomorrow, boy the 5 is suspect to me.

Wrong lead all of backstretch in last. Overall, had a nice garden trip but wasn't coming late. Not a good gallop out. Not the nicest size. Should get a good trip off of the 2 and 4 but I am NOT enamored.

OK everyone, go ahead and single the 5 now

The 1 was a victim of poorly timed rides in multiple races in a row (jock started moves into the clubhouse turn-way too early). Last time out was forced to wait and rate, hence the solid looking finish.

I think the 2 is a better speed than the 4 however they could cancel eachother out.

The 6 could come back live but I'm feeling a sneaky feeling on this BOMB 7 horse.

Logic? Was a horse who never could pass or finish for entire career. Was sandwiched in FIRST START-A WAIVER START-for NEW OWNER AND TRAINER EDUARDO JONES. 10/256 for 4 1/2 years but 4 for last 46 Eduardo Jones. 4% to 8%...mini Jo Parker?

Anyway, after losing a few lengths at the start, showed a bit of a burst when asked, raced near the inside all of the far turn and showed agility rallying passed horses near the rail, which I had AS MINUS. Didn't change stretch leads till the gallop out but kept on with heart underneath horses. Yes, it was a collapse but this horse showed something it never has before. FINISH and heart.

Maybe, just maybe he was prepping at 6F in for the waiver and is meant to go the 1M....

If the 2 and 4 hurt eachother, Cancel moves to early (very possible with him-unless he gets overed up and forced to wait till the lane), Irad's horse simply is missing any finish going a mile, the 7 can get a good check here.

Plus $1,934.87 going into Thursday.

Race 1: $25 win 7. $50 Place 7. $125 Show 7 is the wager. Hoping for 30/1 odds.
Was too close to the pace IMHO BUT set himself up for 1 last shot VS cheap MDCLERS going 6 1/2 or 7F next out (on the cutback). Right there at the 1/4 but tired in the 4th quarter.

Minus $200 today.

Plus $1,734.87 at close of business 4/6/17
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #199
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I'd genuinely like to hear how liking her on the 20th translates to being a fan today, three bad starts later.
Will you use an emoticon next time, look what you just subjected us to..
Old 04-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #200
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Will you use an emoticon next time, look what you just subjected us to..
Hey there, no need to take your bad selections out on emd

(Did I utilize the emoji properly?)
Mr. Pick 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #201
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pick 5 View Post
Hey there, no need to take your bad selections out on emd

(Did I utilize the emoji properly?)
At least I'll give you credit for making your point AND being concise....Instead of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH jock choked him back, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, it's the Ortiz brother's controlling the outcome, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH and other boring redundant replay fantasy synopsis BLAH, BLAH.....It was kind of obvious that CJ was being sarcastic, but nooooooo
Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #202
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
It doesn't. But when your goal is to prove yourself and you fail over and over you start grasping at straws.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #203
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I believe cj wrote he'd genuinely like to hear...so not quite understanding the recent posts...I have a cold and am in a really shitty mood, so don't tempt me into lobbing some cruise missiles onto this board...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #204
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I believe cj wrote he'd genuinely like to hear...so not quite understanding the recent posts...I have a cold and am in a really shitty mood, so don't tempt me into lobbing some cruise missiles onto this board...
Take some mucinex.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #205
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Take some mucinex.
Never tried that...is it any good? I usually use Sudafed (the good stuff, the kind you can make meth with... )
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #206
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Never tried that...is it any good? I usually use Sudafed (the good stuff, the kind you can make meth with... )
It's the best for clearing out the mucus IMO. Sorry for polluting your thread Randall
Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #207
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
It's the best for clearing out the mucus IMO. Sorry for polluting your thread Randall
Actually you freshened it up a bit....Thanks.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #208
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Live plays for Friday, April 7th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R4- Pegasus Red (NY) 8-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - B N Levine

AQU-R7- Romanus (KY) 15-1 J Alvarado - M A Hennig

AQU-R8- Jc's Shooting Star (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - D G Donk

AQU-R9- Judgement Free (NY) 7-2 M Franco - T A Pletcher
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 PM   #209
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
No kidding? I take so much crap for that crap and I always see the commercial for the Mucinex urchins and figure a product with that name has to be the best thing available. But, you're the first person I've ever known that had an opinion on it. I got to get some now and might even register my second account as Mucinex right now in case the boss gets worse and I get ruled off.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #210
no breathalyzer
Veteran

a 5th of crown works better
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: