Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #256
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Greatest American Dirt Trainer EVER. Bob Baffert. Cant take that away
Well I mean of course you can. If it were found out some day he was cheating, boom, it gets taken away. Nobody considers Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist or Barry Bonds the greatest baseball player.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 01:00 AM   #257
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Greatest American Dirt Trainer EVER. Bob Baffert. Cant take that away

https://www.champsofthetrack.com/pos...er-ben-a-jones
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 01:03 AM   #258
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Well I mean of course you can. If it were found out some day he was cheating, boom, it gets taken away. Nobody considers Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist or Barry Bonds the greatest baseball player.
Excellent examples and a good point. But is it too late in his career?
Old 10-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #259
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Feels like John Sadler has quite a few .
He does. The 2008 training title that he won at DMR is reference to that...
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 07:52 AM   #260
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #261
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Feels like John Sadler has quite a few .
Sadler is one of the biggest cheaters in the sport, there's no doubt about that. He is right up there in the top two or three with Baffert for drug violations per start. When they talk about banning lasix, Sadler has been extremely vocal in his support for race day lasix. I think you can read between the lines.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 10:59 AM   #262
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I concur. Like I said in my post before the “cough syrup” came to light. This goes beyond Baffert. There was huge money tied to the Justify breeding deal. What pays more ? The ole sweep under the rug (Triple Crown starts) or to come right out on the spot and release the facts? Then the best, are the internet “Gurus” that cry hater. It’s hilarious. A few mistakes maybe..... but c’mon. This is too much.

Yeah, I hate people that take advantage of animals...... that’s why most dogs , horses and cats like me. Some of them are very good judges of character. I really believe they sense if you are afraid or mean . Call me a nut. But I get along with animals most times better than humans. I’m not a PETA type, but the industry brings some of this crap upon themselves. Then cry about it after the fact. What’s this ? His 4th or 5th positive this year ? C’mon
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #263
dilanesp

Quote:
Barry Bonds is the best player I ever saw. He obviously doped, but so did everyone, including the pitchers he faced.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #264
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Barry Bonds is the best player I ever saw. He obviously doped, but so did everyone, including the pitchers he faced.
I saw Mickey Mantle get a line drive double down the line when I was a boy. It may have been the hardest hit ball I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure he wasn't drugged, but it may be even money he was either drunk or hungover at the time.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #265
classhandicapper

The interesting thing about drug positives is that they are like roaches. If you see a couple, there are likely MANY more that you didn't see.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #266
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
He was obviously a very good player, even a great player. But before doping I wouldn't consider near the best I've ever seen. I guess maybe I'd reconsider if I knew when he actually started doping but I doubt it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #267
GMB@BP

Quote:
my argument precisely regarding racing, when 90% are doing it...

look, people who think Lance Armstrong was some kind of lone wolf...he was just a better cyclist who did what others did.

The fact he was an american and an a hole made him an easy scapegoat.

Last edited by GMB@BP; 10-30-2020 at 12:42 PM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2020, 12:42 PM   #268
GMB@BP

Quote:
He was obviously a very good player, even a great player. But before doping I wouldn't consider near the best I've ever seen. I guess maybe I'd reconsider if I knew when he actually started doping but I doubt it.
I think he won 2-3 mvp's before doping, as some skinny kid, was also great in the field and on the bases.

I thought he was the best position baseball player I have seen when all facets of game (I followed from 80' when I was a very young boy till today).

He essentially said, WTF, I can hit home runs too if that is what everyone cares about, so I will do what they did and hit home runs....he was just more talented than they were.

Last edited by GMB@BP; 10-30-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #269
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I saw Mickey Mantle get a line drive double down the line when I was a boy. It may have been the hardest hit ball I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure he wasn't drugged, but it may be even money he was either drunk or hungover at the time.
no one was drugged back then, well they did start popping pills in the 60's such as amphetamines. The playing field was level.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #270
pandy

Quote:
I saw Bonds at a Philly game we attended when he was younger, and before steroids. You could see that he was far and away the best player on the field for both teams. He would have made the Hall of Fame but now I guess he'll never get in.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: