Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Bobby Sherman led the way....Cassidy followed immediately behind him......both with TV shows to boost their careers.

I had a few friends back SoCal in the 80s who hung out with him and they always said good things about him. Down to earth was the common refrain
Old 11-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Seriously? I'm not even sure David Cassidy outshined Leif Garrett.

"Paging Mr. Elvis Presley, line 2. Paging Mr. Paul McCartney, line 1."

"Mr. Michael Jackson, please pick up the pink courtesy house phone...."
No way Garrett was close to Cassidy. His run was shorter and not as bright because of repeated busts for drug and alcohol use. I would be curious what the count was between the two on teen magazine covers.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #18
Ocala Mike

He would come to Ocala quite often for the horse sales, and I remember a few years back he got into some trouble driving down here, either an accident or DUI.

His stepmother, Shirley Jones, is a class act.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #19
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #20
Boulder

Very nice guy.

I was in Saratoga several summers back staying at the Gideon Putnam Hotel with my wife. We stopped in the hotel bar for a drink, and it was empty. So we were talking to the young bartender, who was in her 20"s and she mention there was a Charity Event going at the Gideon and that some 70"s singer heartthrob was there. She was to young and had no clue who he was and couldn't remember his name or band. At that David Cassidy walks through the bar to grab his car at the valet. I said hello and he stopped and talked to me and my wife for a couple of minutes said good bye to us. Got to the door stopped and said good-bye Helen( my wifes name) and walked out. Made her trip.........
Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I was in Saratoga several summers back staying at the Gideon Putnam Hotel with my wife. We stopped in the hotel bar for a drink, and it was empty. So we were talking to the young bartender, who was in her 20"s and she mention there was a Charity Event going at the Gideon and that some 70"s singer heartthrob was there. She was to young and had no clue who he was and couldn't remember his name or band. At that David Cassidy walks through the bar to grab his car at the valet. I said hello and he stopped and talked to me and my wife for a couple of minutes said good bye to us. Got to the door stopped and said good-bye Helen( my wifes name) and walked out. Made her trip.........
Now that’s a real pro! 👍
Old 11-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #22
highnote

I was with my wife and son at Saratoga when my son was about 4 or 5 years old. My son and I were downstairs in the clubhouse and we were walking back up the old, wooden staircase to get to our seats. I was holding the handrail with my left hand and holding my son's hand with my right hand. My son was full of energy and bounding up the stairs with abandon. He runs head first into the legs of a guy who is walking down the stairs. I look up, and realize my son just ran into David Cassidy. I kind of laughed, but Cassidy found it awkward. He kind of just half-smiled out of the corner of his mouth and let my son pass. I think Cassidy was "in the zone" and my son disrupted his moment. LOL

I saw David and his brother Shawn along with Petula Clark in a Broadway production of "Blood Brothers" 20 or so years ago. They were all excellent. It was a terrific show. He was a pro. No question about it.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: