Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2020, 01:05 PM   #46
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You "fight back" with common sense precautions. Quarantines for the infected. Isolation for people with compromised immune systems. Masks that protect the wearer.
Masks by their nature prevent the wearer from infecting others. I tried explaining stopping an exponential community spread at close to the points of transmission, but evidently your feeble mathematical skills prevented you from understanding.

Psst, its not rocket science Mr Wizard.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #47
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You "fight back" with common sense precautions. Quarantines for the infected. Isolation for people with compromised immune systems. Masks that protect the wearer.
So you agree with me!
Old 09-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #48
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Masks that protect the wearer.
I have built a home-made hazmat suit. Fairly simple to do. Start with a full coverage motorcycle helmet (had one). Next a motorcycle rain suit and rubber gloves (on hand) and seal it all up with duck tape. The piece de resistance is a breathing apparatus, a home-made hookah which bubbles air through Purell.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #49
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I have built a home-made hazmat suit. Fairly simple to do. Start with a full coverage motorcycle helmet (had one). Next a motorcycle rain suit and rubber gloves (on hand) and seal it all up with duck tape. The piece de resistance is a breathing apparatus, a home-made hookah which bubbles air through Purell.
Enjoy yourself.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #50
hcap

Quote:
You're lying again! This is what you wrote earlier:

There were 33,654 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2018 in which 36,560 deaths occurred. This resulted in 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people and 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled.

All you provided were fatal-related stats.
And what does per 100,000 people........ per 100 million miles traveled mean Mr slow Wizard? Case fatality rate is deaths of covid is per 100,000 infected, not a percentage of the entire population.

Again, should we count every fender bender accident that renders scratches only? Again, that would further diminish the percentage of lethal car accidents as compared to covid.

Go back to school. Kindergarten may still be accepting slow learners.

Last edited by hcap; 09-27-2020 at 03:17 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #51
chrisl

Quote:
I seriously believe you. I bet you wear it everywhere. Driving, shopping, walking in the house and outside, sleeping. Do you wave all the time like you are in a parade too. I bet. Nice!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #52
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I seriously believe you. I bet you wear it everywhere. Driving, shopping, walking in the house and outside, sleeping. Do you wave all the time like you are in a parade too. I bet. Nice!
Whereas you Trumpites have other ways to prevent airborne virus particles from affecting you.

And honest info and data from preventing clarity of thought.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #53
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Masks by their nature prevent the wearer from infecting others. I tried explaining stopping an exponential community spread at close to the points of transmission, but evidently your feeble mathematical skills prevented you from understanding.

Psst, its not rocket science Mr Wizard.
Not all masks. N95s protect the wearers. Industrial masks also protect the wearer, etc. So no...not all masks "by nature" protect others.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #54
boxcar

Quote:
And what does per 100,000 people........ per 100 million miles traveled mean Mr slow Wizard? Case fatality rate is deaths of covid is per 100,000 infected, not a percentage of the entire population.

Again, should we count every fender bender accident that renders scratches only? Again, that would further diminish the percentage of lethal car accidents as compared to covid.

Go back to school. Kindergarten may still be accepting slow learners.
Aren't fender benders and scratches the results of accidents? Just like every vote should be counted, why not every accident?

So...how many car accidents were there?
Old 09-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #55
chrisl

Quote:
Whereas you Trumpites have other ways to prevent airborne virus particles from affecting you.

And honest info and data from preventing clarity of thought.

Where in my post does it state I am a Trumpite. Do you just make crap up or you do not know how to read. Or both.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #56
hcap

Quote:
Not all masks. N95s protect the wearers. Industrial masks also protect the wearer, etc. So no...not all masks "by nature" protect others.
I already explained this. I said this......
Masks by their nature prevent the wearer from infecting others. I tried explaining stopping an exponential community spread at close to the points of transmission.

I have an engineering background in product development. The principles are clear.

The full explanations.....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...5&postcount=37

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...0&postcount=53

Last edited by hcap; 09-27-2020 at 07:53 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 11:12 PM   #57
Elkchester Road

Quote:
The germ theory of disease is not Biblical. When we get a vaccine sometime next year boxcar probably will not get vaccinated. He'll just wait for herd immunity to set in. I don't think he understands that a lot of people have to die before herd immunity sets in and he could well be one of the dead.
As is his right.

I am still trying to figure out the very peculiar timing of all the newfound "concern for lives" Liberals espouse. I don't remember seeing it during The H1N1 crisis in '09-'10. I also don't remember seeing it in regards to Abortion. Peculiar is the word chosen to describe Liberal concern because it leaves absolutely NO doubt that by your actions you deem certain lives more worthy than others. Feel free to explain this sudden "attack of conscience".

The year 2020 has been bad for President Trump. It has been MUCH worse for the Left. The Left has been laid bare by their own words and actions. This is indisputable. COVID-19...unimaginable death and destruction in Democratically-led States. Social unrest...too much death and unimaginable destruction in Democratically-led States. Indisputable.

Probably not a good idea for a Political Party to weaponize issues during an election cycle when their own record dealing with them is this abysmal. People ARE watching.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 AM   #58
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
I am still trying to figure out the very peculiar timing of all the newfound "concern for lives" Liberals espouse. I don't remember seeing it during The H1N1 crisis in '09-'10.
H1N1 killed about 12,500 people compared to Covid's 200,000 people. In fact there may have been other diseases that killed more than H1N1. I'll let you research that.

Quote:
I also don't remember seeing it in regards to Abortion.
I can't speak for others but, as I've posted before, my own position is that a fetus is not a human being until brain activity can be detected. There has to be a point in the reproductive cycle where human life is deemed to start. "Every sperm is sacred" (Monty Python) is, of course, ridiculous. A newly fertilized egg has little chance of being implanted in the uterine wall so why should it be considered the dividing line? What separates humans from lower animals is rational thinking, ergo, the beginning of brain activity is a logical choice.

Quote:
Peculiar is the word chosen to describe Liberal concern because it leaves absolutely NO doubt that by your actions you deem certain lives more worthy than others.
What actions?

Quote:
The year 2020 has been bad for President Trump. It has been MUCH worse for the Left. The Left has been laid bare by their own words and actions. This is indisputable. COVID-19...unimaginable death and destruction in Democratically-led States. Social unrest...too much death and unimaginable destruction in Democratically-led States. Indisputable.
It's disputable. See the above.

Last edited by Actor; 09-28-2020 at 04:26 AM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 05:10 AM   #59
hcap

So, Mr Wizard, you and your monstrous idiotic economists claim herd immunity occurs naturally if nothing at all is done to mitigate it's growth and let we should let everyone get infected

When I originally brought up New York, although that asinine paper said it applied to all locals not excluding mitigation, you told me that it was better or more truer with zero mitigation..

Which brings to mind Brazil. Where no mitigation was used till later in the outbreak and still somewhat limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Do you realize how wrong these peole are? In fact I did some diggiong and discovered the biggest POS paper ever written on the spread of the coronavirus

They bullshit just like you do.....

Reduced COVID Transmission Rates or Deaths, New Study Suggests
https://www.aier.org/article/lockdow...tudy-suggests/

1-Once a region reaches 25 total COVID deaths, within a month the growth rate in deaths per day falls to approximately zero. In other words, no matter the country or state and its policies, deaths per day stop increasing within 20-30 days of passing a threshold of 25 deaths.
Quote:
That's if you allow nature to take its natural course, i.e. herd immunity. But you leftist whackjobs want "trickle down" for the rest of your life.
Deaths passed 25 in April and only began to plateau 4 months later.
And are still going on. How come Mr Wizard?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg brazil.JPG (71.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
I already explained this. I said this......
Masks by their nature prevent the wearer from infecting others. I tried explaining stopping an exponential community spread at close to the points of transmission.

I have an engineering background in product development. The principles are clear.

The full explanations.....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...5&postcount=37

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...0&postcount=53
Are you going to go on record as saying that there are no medical masks that protect the wearer?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: