Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #286
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
No he did not... Mitch confirmed that point. Obama nominated as required. Mitch choosing not to bring it forward that was a consequence of the Democrats losing control of the Senate.

Obama wanted a favor from the Republican... they treated him inkind.
The Garland Affair: What History and the Constitution Really Say About President Obama’s Powers to Appoint a Replacement for Justice Scalia
https://www.nyulawreview.org/online-...ustice-scalia/

There have been 103 prior cases in which—like the case of President Obama’s nomination of Judge Garland—an elected President has faced an actual vacancy on the Supreme Court and began an appointment process prior to the election of a successor. In all 103 cases, the President was able to both nominate and appoint a replacement Justice, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.

This is true even of all eight such cases where the nomination process began during an election year. By contrast, there have been only six prior cases in which the Senate pursued a course of action that—like the current Republicans —deliberately sought to transfer a sitting President’s Supreme Court appointment power to a successor.

The historical rule that best accounts for senatorial practices over the entirety of U.S. history is thus the following: While the Senate has the constitutional power to provide advice and consent with respect to particular Supreme Court nominees and reject (or resist) particular candidates on a broad range of grounds, the Senate may only use this power to deliberately transfer a sitting President’s Supreme Court appointment powers to a successor in the highly unusual circumstance where the President’s status as the most recently elected President is in doubt.
.................................................. .........................................

Sure, unusual circumstances.

42 days untill a presidential election, and a deeply corrupt president needs a compliant Supreme court in case he loses fair and square and manages to use thousands of corrupt lawyers to litigate his way to the Supremes

Last edited by hcap; 09-27-2020 at 06:12 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 06:07 AM   #287
davew

what is the historical rule when the justice is assassinated and cremated to cover it up?

what is this 'historical rule' thing? something you say when you disagree with outcome?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 07:04 AM   #288
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
what is the historical rule when the justice is assassinated and cremated to cover it up?

what is this 'historical rule' thing? something you say when you disagree with outcome?
Exactly! "Historical rule"? What in the world is that!? I didn't know history made rules either.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #289
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The Garland Affair: What History and the Constitution Really Say About President Obama’s Powers to Appoint a Replacement for Justice Scalia

There have been 103 prior cases in which—like the case of President Obama’s nomination of Judge Garland—an elected President has faced an actual vacancy on the Supreme Court and began an appointment process prior to the election of a successor. In all 103 cases, the President was able to both nominate and appoint a replacement Justice, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.

This is true even of all eight such cases where the nomination process began during an election year. By contrast, there have been only six prior cases in which the Senate pursued a course of action that—like the current Republicans —deliberately sought to transfer a sitting President’s Supreme Court appointment power to a successor.

The historical rule that best accounts for senatorial practices over the entirety of U.S. history is thus the following: While the Senate has the constitutional power to provide advice and consent with respect to particular Supreme Court nominees and reject (or resist) particular candidates on a broad range of grounds, the Senate may only use this power to deliberately transfer a sitting President’s Supreme Court appointment powers to a successor in the highly unusual circumstance where the President’s status as the most recently elected President is in doubt.
.................................................. .........................................

42 days untill a presidential election, and a deeply corrupt president needs a compliant Supreme court in case he loses fair and square and manages to use thousands of corrupt lawyers to litigate his way to the Supremes
Hey, Empty Suit, what do you mean by "unusual circumstances"? That the left didn't get the election outcome they wanted or expected or think they are entitled to?
Old 09-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #290
fast4522

Quote:
So Mr.Slow, it was Moscow BITCH'S "prerogative" deny a sitting president his constitutional right?

The Senate Republicans deliberately transferred President Obama’s power to appoint Justice Scalia’s replacement to the next elected President with a full 8 months left in Obama's term.

All you Trumpites and subservient dishonest corrupt used to be rethugs, will not be missed.
Thick as a brick. Case in point, Obama exercised his constitutional right. The communist ideology and its followers forgets this, co-equal branches of government are not required to follow each other like good little commies. And is why our system was setup this way, inability to take apart the republic is a nice design feature built into our system.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #291
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
how wrong can one person be about another.. perhaps that's why trump is where he is
And without you, how would anyone of us here at Pace Advantage be able draw a baseline? Be very real, when you go to hide like Biden no one will remember either of you here or there.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #292
stuball

Thumbs up Yes

The Dems were bamboozled by their own rule changes. This has them so upset they can't think straight and when President follows the rules they do exactly the wrong thing and not just the wrong thing but, the wrong thing multiplied many times. I was born and raised a Democrat - a teamster for 30 years - followed the rules set down by others smarter than me. (NOT) After following what is really going on I could never ever picture my self condoning and approving the actions on the left. Am I the only one in the United States that feels that way? Am I alone on an island? I consider myself to be a Patriot I have 3 flagpoles in my yard 24 footer flies US Flag -- 18 footer Air Force Vet (2 sons)
and Army Vet (myself) -- and another 18 footer Trump Train and Blue Line.
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #293
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
And without you, how would anyone of us here at Pace Advantage be able draw a baseline?
That's a pretty scary thought actually...
Old 09-27-2020, 01:14 PM   #294
OntheRail

Quote:

Your off the edge... i suggest you have someone come in a secure all your sharp and pointy object's . So when President Trump wins again you'll no hurt yourself.

Supreme Court justices, court of appeals judges, and district court judges are nominated by the President and confirmed by the United States Senate, as stated in the Constitution.

Quote:
Twenty-nine times in American history there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential election year, or in a lame-duck session before the next presidential inauguration. (This counts vacancies created by new seats on the Court, but not vacancies for which there was a nomination already pending when the year began, such as happened in 1835–36 and 1987–88.) The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases. George Washington did it three times. John Adams did it. Thomas Jefferson did it. Abraham Lincoln did it. Ulysses S. Grant did it. Franklin D. Roosevelt did it. Dwight Eisenhower did it. Barack Obama, of course, did it. Twenty-two of the 44 men to hold the office faced this situation, and all twenty-two made the decision to send up a nomination, whether or not they had the votes in the Senate.
Nineteen times between 1796 and 1968, presidents have sought to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential-election year while their party controlled the Senate. Ten of those nominations came before the election; nine of the ten were successful, the only failure being the bipartisan filibuster of the ethically challenged Abe Fortas as chief justice in 1968.
The bottom line: If a president and the Senate agree on a Supreme Court nominee, timing has never stopped them. By tradition, only when the voters have elected a president and a Senate majority from different parties has the fact of a looming presidential election mattered. When there is no dispute between the branches, there is no need to ask the voters to resolve one.
https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...t-vacancy-2020

Last edited by OntheRail; 09-27-2020 at 01:18 PM.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #295
ElKabong

Quote:

I have a feeling the elation you experienced over the phony impeachment will pale in comparison to the celebration that's about to happen when the 6th conservative is seated to the USSC

#knowhowthegameisplayed
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #296
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
After following what is really going on I could never ever picture myself condoning and approving the actions on the left. Am I the only one in the United States that feels that way? Am I alone on an island?
You are not alone.
Life-long Democrat Leo Terrell will vote for Trump.
He feels the Democratic Party left him and has moved too far Left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Terrell

Last edited by Greyfox; 09-27-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #297
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That's a pretty scary thought actually...
I am not good at sarcasm and often miss things when others use it, so bear with me.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #298
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Trump tax returns may indeed be fake....
"news "

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #299
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
Trump tax returns may indeed be fake....
"news "
It's not news to the IRS...they've had them for years and years and years...if there is something illegal in there, why wasn't he arrested years ago?

You figure for sure Obama would have pushed the IRS to do something if there was something there...

Thus, high confidence that, once again, it's a whole lotta nothing.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:15 PM   #300
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's not news to the IRS...they've had them for years and years and years...if there is something illegal in there, why wasn't he arrested years ago?

You figure for sure Obama would have pushed the IRS to do something if there was something there...

Thus, high confidence that, once again, it's a whole lotta nothing.
Remember trump says the IRS is still auditing. Who knows what is going on. However if I lost in my business as much as trump did in his, I would also be a very rich man

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: