Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
melman

Mid=Atlantic NYRA reach agreement

The Mid-Atlantic group to start taking the NYRA signal again as of tomorrow. Details of the agreement to remain secret. Gotta love the racing industry. How else does it stay in business.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
the little guy

Once Suffolk started taking the signal the boycott was history.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2004, 01:29 AM   #3
takeout

Re: Mid=Atlantic NYRA reach agreement

Quote:
Originally posted by melman
Details of the agreement to remain secret.
Another secret deal? Geez, what are these guys, CIA?
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
takeout

[snip]
"It was the co-op's intention to seek to work with NYRA to provide the best presentation of the races in the Mid-Atlantic region," said Mid-Atlantic Cooperative Executive Director Martin Lieberman said.
[snip]

So now the Co-op is able to “work” with the NYRA again. What about the NYRA telling the Co-op that they would have to deal with TVG? Funny how something can always seem to be worked out where there is money involved.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
Zman179
Registered Wacko

http://www.drf.com/news/article/60298.html

According to the DRF, the same contract that was presented to the Co-operative before the stalemate was the same contract agreed to yesterday. In other words, the MAC strung out it's fans for no reason.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Zman179
http://www.drf.com/news/article/60298.html

According to the DRF, the same contract that was presented to the Co-operative before the stalemate was the same contract agreed to yesterday. In other words, the MAC strung out it's fans for no reason.
It always appeared, ZMan, that was the case all along. Only the people determined to believe, despite all evidence, that NYRA was somehow doing something wrong were oblivious to the obvious.

Marty Leiberman and the Mid-Atlantic cooperative screwed their fans for no good reason. At least Suffolk gave them an out to return the NY signal to their fans.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
takeout

So the Co-op folds like a taco, signs the same deal that it struck over, and all involved are just one big happy family again. The NYRA must really be a nice outfit to have given the Co-op the same deal when they had such a clear advantage in the matter. Please pardon me while I stay skeptical for a while longer.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:58 PM   #8
the little guy

Quote:
Originally posted by takeout
So the Co-op folds like a taco, signs the same deal that it struck over, and all involved are just one big happy family again. The NYRA must really be a nice outfit to have given the Co-op the same deal when they had such a clear advantage in the matter. Please pardon me while I stay skeptical for a while longer.
Here's my favorite quote of yours...

" The NYRA must really be a nice outfit to have given the Co-op the same deal when they had SUCH A CLEAR ADVANTAGE IN THE MATTER. "

So, the whole thing is all of a sudden clear to you? And since it is, maybe you should tell us what this so called " CLEAR ADVANTAGE " is.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #9
takeout

Quote:
Originally posted by the little guy
So, the whole thing is all of a sudden clear to you? And since it is, maybe you should tell us what this so called " CLEAR ADVANTAGE " is.
I don’t know what it is but it must’ve been good. I don’t know what’s in the NYRA/TVG deal either. A deal that’s evidently so secret that not even the length of it can be divulged. The only thing clear to me is that no one wants us to know any of the details of these deals. That, to me, is what’s giving off the odor.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:14 PM   #10
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Well, whatever that "odor" may be, it certainly would never stop horseplayers from betting on the NYRA signals.......except United Tote. Was at Aqueduct today, tellers weren't at all familiar with the new machines, the new SAM machines don't use vouchers (instead they take a NYRA credit card with a pin #), and everybody there (including your's truly) were getting shut out with regularity. On one race, I got shut out after getting in line with 8 mins to post.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2004, 12:19 AM   #11
the little guy

I heard it was a total disaster. Dealing with NYRA-One was also a problem. I heard they will have it straightened out very soon. let's hope so.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally posted by takeout
A deal that’s evidently so secret that not even the length of it can be divulged.
You can probably bet it doesn't extend past the franchise renewel date.....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When has new technology ever been introduced without a hitch?
Old 10-29-2004, 02:20 AM   #14
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Anyone making a trip to the spa next year will probably have to get an account (and a plastic card) ahead of time or else make the walk to the live tellers I guess. We will have to check this out well enough ahead of the trip.

Bill
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2004, 02:51 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I believe there is nothing to sign...no registration....no paperwork

You just give them money, they give you a card, and you can refill it at your leisure any time you wish. It's works just like a voucher used to, except this voucher can be slipped into your wallet and reused just like a traditional wagering account card.