Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
Gasser57

Any offshore online betting that offers quinella betting?

Bovada says it hopes to offer quinella betting "soon", but I'm unable to find an online betting service that currently does. Since I live in Texas, I need one that's based offshore.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows of one.
Gasser57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser57 View Post
Bovada says it hopes to offer quinella betting "soon", but I'm unable to find an online betting service that currently does. Since I live in Texas, I need one that's based offshore.

House Quinellas in the days where they booked bets were really attractive (multiply 1/2 the win price x place price of second place finisher. But not sure they would be as attractive these days with the bet downs/odds changes that happen when the gates open.

Having quinellas at Del Mar for example is foolish because the pools are much smaller than the exacta pools.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
Gasser57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
House Quinellas in the days where they booked bets were really attractive (multiply 1/2 the win price x place price of second place finisher. But not sure they would be as attractive these days with the bet downs/odds changes that happen when the gates open.

Having quinellas at Del Mar for example is foolish because the pools are much smaller than the exacta pools.
Andy - valid points for sure. I just would like to have the option of playing them as an incremental bankroll builder.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #4
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser57 View Post

I don't quite understand the interest in the quinella.

Every track with a $1 minimum exacta bet track has quinellas, except they are called exacta boxes.

Here's what I mean. A $2 quinella and a $1 exacta box are more often than not around the same payoff if the lower odds horse wins. On the other hand, if the higher odds horse wins you usually get a bit more of a bonus. In the long run it is a better bet than the quinella. Plus the elimination of one of the quinella pool cuts back on cannibalization.

The only thing you can't do with this is bet a $1 quinella.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 09:10 PM   #5
Gasser57

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I don't quite understand the interest in the quinella.

Every track with a $1 minimum exacta bet track has quinellas, except they are called exacta boxes.

Here's what I mean. A $2 quinella and a $1 exacta box are more often than not around the same payoff if the lower odds horse wins. On the other hand, if the higher odds horse wins you usually get a bit more of a bonus. In the long run it is a better bet than the quinella. Plus the elimination of one of the quinella pool cuts back on cannibalization.

The only thing you can't do with this is bet a $1 quinella.
I should've clarified that I was talking about a $1 quinella, which Saratoga offers on some races. I'm pretty new to the sport, but it looks like the quinella is going the way of the car CD player. I guess it'd just be nice to use in competitive races to put more horses in play when you just have a small bankroll.

The real problem is the massive computer bet downs at post time that Andy referred to quashing odds after most bets have been made. Last year at this time I rarely had $1 exactas that paid less than $10, and my typical payoff was in the $15-$40 range. Now I consider $10-20 quite a score.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:35 AM   #6
WP1981

Thumbs up

A little inside info perhaps.. since Bovada upgraded to their new software a few weeks ago you are able to bet as little as 1 cent on all wagers via mobile site. They hit a launch glitch so you are only able to bet wps, ex, tri and supers at this time for whatever reasons.

The desktop site will not let you enter a decimal point, I have been messing around with .10-.20 tris via mobile entire time. My exotic rebates plus the status loss rebates have basically covered all of my losses each day. It seems they grade the loss rebates on each individual loss so even when I am ahead on the day I get a rebate on every losing wager.

They did this update after the sports betting legalization here so I think they are gearing up to give perks like crazy from here on out.

Worth a shot, especially if you are a low roller. They cash out via btc, etc in about 4 hours. Get a bitpay account and pay the $10 for the debit card. I never hold any btc. I deposit via cc, cashout to btc and immediatly xfer to my bitpay visa or amazon gift card if needed. Fees are app very low.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quinellas are ridiculous and should be eliminated . I don't know why Hong Kong prefers them and does not even offer exactas.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 01:32 AM   #8
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Bovada, no matter where you log in from the site says not available in your country,
Old 08-16-2018, 03:42 AM   #9
TucsonGreyhound

5dimes offers Quinellas for any track that offers a Quinella, with $.25 minimum bets.

Also, the Hong Kong Quinellas pay for the top 3 finishers (so 3 different combos get paid out, odds are same regardless of WPS finish). If anything, that should be how Quinellas these days are structured. Especially for bigger fields like they have in HK, it can be simpler for the novice bettor to place and cash those types of exotics.
TucsonGreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
sour grapes
Veteran

in the old days on tuesdays in ny if you wanted to bet finger lakes all you could bet were quinellas.ny otb made their own pool and in some cases their would be some really nice payouts on logical horses.now with whales those ineffecient pools are long gone.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #11
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound View Post
5dimes offers Quinellas for any track that offers a Quinella, with $.25 minimum bets.

Also, the Hong Kong Quinellas pay for the top 3 finishers (so 3 different combos get paid out, odds are same regardless of WPS finish). If anything, that should be how Quinellas these days are structured. Especially for bigger fields like they have in HK, it can be simpler for the novice bettor to place and cash those types of exotics.

Thats a separate bet. They also have a normal Q, but , inexplicably NO EXACTA

Guess no one else thinks its strange.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Thats a separate bet. They also have a normal Q, but , inexplicably NO EXACTA

Guess no one else thinks its strange.
Quote:
Quinellas are ridiculous and should be eliminated . I don't know why Hong Kong prefers them and does not even offer exactas.
Apparently you haven't being following HK race results very closely!?
Why would want to invest twice the money for an EX box versus a standard QUIN box when fact the average QUIN pay out is equivalent to the average EX payout here in the States?

I don't find that strange at all. In fact, I find it very stimulating!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 01:39 AM   #13
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Apparently you haven't being following HK race results very closely!?
Why would want to invest twice the money for an EX box versus a standard QUIN box when fact the average QUIN pay out is equivalent to the average EX payout here in the States?

I don't find that strange at all. In fact, I find it very stimulating!

So ridiculous, I won't even indulge it.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
Nitro

Quote:
So ridiculous, I won't even indulge it.
"So ridiculous"? Well it's your money pal. So do as you wish!

You won't indulge it, because you can't refute the facts.

Besides who are you to comment on the betting platforms that are working so well for the thousands of HK racing patrons. Apparently they overwhelmingly prefer the Quinella bet and I don't blame them.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I'll let someone else waste time explaining why the Q in lieu of an exacta is absurd.

I have an idea why they do it that way, but won't go into it

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 08-17-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: