Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #751
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Because Amazon has to keep a reasonably reputable business model and have thresholds built into their model that has to do with them competing, keeping out scalpers, and keeping up fair pricing policies.

They told resellers they would stop taking listings for hand sanitizer, face masks, disinfecting wipes, etc. (and proably way before they announced that publically) . Why would Amazon want to lose it's reputation anyway and come under a busload of criticism.

Even before this, Amazon has had tons of 3rd party sellers, and did not require them to send products they want to sell to the nearest Amazon fulfillment center. So there has always been 3rd party sellers with no proof that they even physically have the items they are listing. They list items they don't actually HAVE, and then they hit you with "we are experience shipping delays" or "Ships in 2 to 4 weeks" until they can actually buy stuff at a certain price. I imagine Amazon are vetting their sellers better now because Amazon doesn't want to have angry customers.

Amazon prime, where items ARE actually in inventory and sitting in fulfillment centers, have to be able to ship out items fast and don't want to spend their time doing nothing but giving refunds to customers as well as s ruin their reputation for not being able to deliver products that have been paid for by said customers. Prime's reputation would be in the toilet if they did that.

My thought is that the amount of product they actually HAD in their fulfillment center sold out, just like anything else like down jackets sell out at the start of winter........but since they are not accepting ANY listings from re-sellers, once they are out they're out.

Scalpers and resellers *break* the supply and demand model. They fix the price before legitimate purchases can be made...there is no upside for Amazon Prime to ship out 500 cases of anything to anyone, even game consoles, etc. esp. since they can either be sold at scalper prices OR in some cases, the sellers sell elsewhere and compete with Amazon by selling stuff for lower than Amazon can offer.

eBay has been battling mini scalpers for years, by pulling listings for stuff....esp. listings for pre-release items. I've reported plenty of Ebayers who scalp, both by adding ridiculous shipping prices (like something that costs $3.00 first class mail by weight and they are charging $18 for postage) and their ads are taken down but it's hard to keep up with them.
I still don't understand, probably because I'm dumb.

I've been an Amazon prime customer for a few years. LOVE THEM.

I've been using them more and more the past year or so because it's so damn convenient and they deliver most things the next day for free, even if you order late at night.

So what you're saying really doesn't have much to do with my experience. I always order things that are available with prime delivery.

Amazon has sold out of certain staples because of this virus-led run on supply. I don't deal with 3rd party sellers if I can avoid it. Shipped and Sold by Amazon is the way I go usually.

I still don't understand what you mean by Amazon hanging a "sold out" sign even if it's not sold out. Don't bother explaining again. Like I said, I'm dumb.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:09 PM   #752
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Maryland and Ohio closed all K-12 schools, Ohio for 3 weeks, Maryland for 2 weeks.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 11:17 PM   #753
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 11:18 PM   #754
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
For those in denial, or believe this is just a flu with a different name, when was the last time the flu caused a 30% bludgeoning in the market in 3 weeks? Answer? Never.

The market knows more collectively than any one of us.
Swine flu infected 60 million Americans 300,000 hospitalized with no frenzy. This is a manufactured hysteria by media and dem politicos.
Swine flu deaths 12,500. Wu flu deaths 40.

Last edited by woodtoo; 03-12-2020 at 11:24 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 11:23 PM   #755
woodtoo

Remove Trump from office and this epidemic miraculously disappears. Funny how that works.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #756
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 03-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #757
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Swine flu infected 60 million Americans 300,000 hospitalized with no frenzy. This is a manufactured hysteria by media and dem politicos.
Swine flu deaths 12,500. Wu flu deaths 40.
Not sure where you are getting the Covid-19 numbers but over 4,600 confirmed deaths, including over 1,000 in Italy. And we don't know how many more actually died from it in China. Likely far more than reported.

I'm far from a liberal but who "manufactured" the stock market destruction? It wasn't the media. Market is 10x smarter than the media.

Last edited by Valuist; 03-12-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #758
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Not sure where you are getting the Covid-19 numbers but over 4,600 confirmed deaths, including over 1,000 in Italy. And we don't know how many more actually died from it in China. Likely far more than reported.

I'm far from a liberal but who "manufactured" the stock market destruction? It wasn't the media. Market is 10x smarter than the media.
40 American deaths. The market destruction is a real reaction to the hysteria.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #759
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 03-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #760
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 AM   #761
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
It's called unintended consequences. Nobody said the media was smart.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #762
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 03-13-2020, 12:11 AM   #763
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I hope all those running around scared shitless about this flu-like virus will be happy in 6-12 months when you are left with nothing.

No retirement savings (401k gone to shit).

No job to work at or business to own (both ravaged by the economic side-effects of what is happening right now)

No racing (this virus hysteria combined with the newest drug scandals WILL kill many racetracks, not to mention racing-related businesses)

I hope a virus that kills 1-2% more people than the flu is worth all of that carnage.

Here is what the CDC says about the very thing that is about to **** up many people's lives for the foreseeable future:

"Most people won’t develop serious symptoms"

Unless we get a grip on this hysteria right now, and prevent it from snowballing any further, we are risking everything over a virus that the CDC itself states "MOST PEOPLE WON'T DEVELOP SERIOUS SYMPTOMS"

Taking the temperature of the room in this thread, I can already see it's a lost cause. There ain't no stopping this snowball.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:17 AM   #764
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
From the very article Obama tweets out:

Quote:
According to infectious disease epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch at Harvard, it’s “plausible” that 20 to 60 percent of adults will be infected with Covid-19 disease. So far, 80 percent of cases globally have been mild, but if the case fatality rate is around 1 percent (which several experts say it may be), a scenario is possible of tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US alone.
Yeah, so let's **** up the entire economy - cause an untold number of people to lose their jobs, their businesses and their retirement savings - all in the name of what appears to be at every front, nothing more than one extra round of flu season.

"A scenario is possible of tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US alone," states the article. Yeah, that happens every year. 30,000 have died from the flu alone this year. Some years it gets up to 60-80k. They of course are pumping up the potential number for COVID-19 to potentially "hundreds of thousands" because well, that's the MO with this virus.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-13-2020 at 12:19 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 12:18 AM   #765
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I hope all those running around scared shitless about this flu-like virus will be happy in 6-12 months when you are left with nothing.

No retirement savings (401k gone to shit).

No job to work at or business to own (both ravaged by the economic side-effects of what is happening right now)

No racing (this virus hysteria combined with the newest drug scandals WILL kill many racetracks, not to mention racing-related businesses)

I hope a virus that kills 1-2% more people than the flu is worth all of that carnage.

Here is what the CDC says about the very thing that is about to **** up many people's lives for the foreseeable future:

"Most people won’t develop serious symptoms"

Unless we get a grip on this hysteria right now, and prevent it from snowballing any further, we are risking everything over a virus that the CDC itself states "MOST PEOPLE WON'T DEVELOP SERIOUS SYMPTOMS"

Taking the temperature of the room in this thread, I can already see it's a lost cause. There ain't no stopping this snowball.
yes but if the China-Biden group get put into power, it will have been worth it to the dims and Chinese goal for world domination
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: