Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #15001
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I'm going to Florida for my daughter's wedding. Leaving Friday. Will return 2 Nov. I won't be posting during this period.
Congrats to you and your daughter.

Not that I need to know, and don't answer if you feel uncomfortable, will they be married by an ordained Minister?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #15002
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Congrats to you and your daughter.

Not that I need to know, and don't answer if you feel uncomfortable, will they be married by an ordained Minister?
No. They will be married by the captain of a cruise ship (Carnival Lines) and will honeymoon in Jamaica.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #15003
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
Congratulations to you and to your daughter, and have a safe trip!
Congratulations to you, too, Overlay. For making the 15,000th post you've just won a brand new 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S which you can pick up in Boxcar's garage. The keys are in it.

Last edited by Actor; 10-20-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #15004
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
The myth is your persistent misunderstanding of what a partial vacuum is. Yes the term is partial not "perfect". The very few atoms of matter within a given volume of a partial vacuum, do not spread out to fill all of the space containing it. Atoms and subatomic particles are discrete quantum and can not be easily broken down into smaller particles to fill the surrounding space

According to your article ... I have said exactly the same thing! In fact I said one atom per cubic centimeter instead of a few per cubic meter. The key here however is the word average. Average is a statistical term and it does not mean what you think it means. Average density in this case refers to matter per unit of volume. (Not energy, forces or quantum fluctuations per unit of volume.) Average means there are varying amounts of matter distributed per unit of volume. Of course you must understand that atomic particles are discrete quantum of matter and not able to be broken down except at extremely high temperatures. So this means zero matter in trillions of times more units of volume of space, than a few particles in a few units of volume of space. Again, that one proton of a hydrogen atom can not be divvy-ed up and spread out, distributing a fraction to each unit of volume as you seem to believe it can

The ratio therefore is many trillions of units of space lacking any matter at all to only a few units of space containing matter and here we are speaking of discrete atomic and sub atomic particles. Electrons, and protons. [/B]

I will now drop this topic seeing you are speaking of density, too dense to follow along
You don't have to yell. I understand that partial vacuums are nearly empty space in that in your fantasy world, this means the space is totally empty. And I also understand your need to redefine "average". Whatever it takes to make lame theories work....

You remind me of Humpty Dumpty who told Alice something along these lines -- to paraphrase: "Words mean whatever I choose them to mean".

Have a nice night, HD.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #15005
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
It is generally agreed that John's gospel was the last to be written, so it is not unreasonable to infer that he was aware of the inclusion of the incident in each of the three synoptic gospels, and did not mention it in his narrative on that basis. (Or at least it is more reasonable than concluding that, since John did not mention it, the writers of the three synoptic gospels who each did mention it all made up their accounts out of thin air.)
IMO...what you say here makes no sense whatsoever. Luke says that there was a repentant thief, while both Mark and Matthew report that BOTH thieves were ridiculing Jesus. If John was aware of the conflicting inclusions of this incident in the other gospels...then he, being an "eye-witness", should have felt the obligation to present his OWN report on the matter, to set the record straight.

How can an eye-witness to an event remain silent when conflicting reports of this event are circulating about?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #15006
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I'm only posting because I think I have shot at being the first on page 1000.
If you live in Hcap's Fantasy Land -- the last post of 999 is close enough -- just like "almost empty" really means empty.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #15007
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Jesus:
"Thy kingdome come.
Thy will be done,
in earth, as it is in heaven."

Marxs:
"From Each According to Their Abilities,
to Each According to Their Needs"
And your point...?

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #15008
boxcar

Quote:
I didn't realize you were married. Somewhere I got the impression that the only members of your household besides yourself were a bunch of cats.
Not only am I married but I robbed the cradle.

So, your daughter is getting married? Congratulations!

Are you going to be in S.E. Florida? If so, maybe we could meet one another. I would give you the opportunity to buy me a brewski.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #15009
boxcar

Quote:
Balaam was the one with the talking donkey. What's that got to do with anything?
You need to go a little deeper into his bio than that.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #15010
Actor
Librocubicularist

Daily Contradiction - 20 Oct 2014

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do every minute of every day, and the invisible man has a special list of ten things He does not want you to do, and if you any of these ten things He has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where He will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever till the end of time. But He loves you. - George Carlin
Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #15011
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Not only am I married but I robbed the cradle.

So, your daughter is getting married? Congratulations!

Are you going to be in S.E. Florida? If so, maybe we could meet one another. I would give you the opportunity to buy me a brewski.

Boxcar
No wonder you believe in God...
Old 10-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #15012
boxcar

Quote:
The keywords here are "NO contradictions". Therefore I have only to show one contradiction that holds up to prove your thesis wrong. Out of the five I posted I'll reluctantly give you two. I have 485 to go.

Of the five posted I think the one for 10 Oct is the toughest. Are you up to it?

Of course "pertaining to faith and practice" is your escape clause. Intentionally vague. I wonder how far you can get without invoking it.
Mr. Actor, I have no time to play your foolish games. You haven't gotten past the women and Jesus' tomb. None of your worldly-minded comrade-in-arms either want any part of your so-called contradiction. They can see the holes in your allegation.

And, yes, all the great doctrinal statements to the faith actually qualify infallibility by limiting this quality to the original manuscripts, which of course none exists today. All we have are copies of same. Conservative scholars acknowledge that there are scribal errors in those copies, such spelling of names, numbers -- but no errors regarding any matter of doctrine pertaining to the objective Faith or Practice. And I also believe that God allowed these minor discrepancies to slip in to the holy text for several reasons which I have elaborated on several years ago.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #15013
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
IMO...what you say here makes no sense whatsoever. Luke says that there was a repentant thief, while both Mark and Matthew report that BOTH thieves were ridiculing Jesus. If John was aware of the conflicting inclusions of this incident in the other gospels...then he, being an "eye-witness", should have felt the obligation to present his OWN report on the matter, to set the record straight.

How can an eye-witness to an event remain silent when conflicting reports of this event are circulating about?
Because there is no conflict? For once and for all, show us specifically how the different accounts violate the Law of Non-Contradiction. Just because you say there is doesn't mean there is or prove it. Prove it by demonstrating to us how the passages violate the above Law.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #15014
boxcar

Quote:
Congratulations to you, too, Overlay. For making the 15,000th post you've just won a brand new 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S which you can pick up in Boxcar's garage. The keys are in it.
I'm sorry but there is no "empty space" in my garage for that car. But Overlay should check out Hcap's "attic" for the fantasy version of that ride. I suspect there is plenty of empty space therein.

Boxcar
Old 10-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #15015
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
No wonder you believe in God...
Absolutely! My life has been chock full of miracles.

Boxcar

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: