Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #91
RunDustyRun

Prat's ride on the favorite in DMR race one was pitiful...after letting himself be bottled up all race and with a lot of horse left he refused to go on the rail in the last eighth when he had a clear pathand instead takes the horse outside and halts all momentum...supposed to be one of the yop two jocks in socal but that was one weak ride

Last edited by RunDustyRun; 08-14-2016 at 05:12 PM.
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
I'm going to throw a suggestion out there...

Would you consider adding a new section (maybe call it Trips or Trip Notes) to the site?

Sure, there might be plenty of bad rides posted there.

But I would offer the counter argument that this might turn out to be a good thing.

You see I'm noticing that more than a few of the bad rides posted on this site do not really belong in the category of players complaining - but instead often belong in the category of information worth noting.

The trick of course is the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Who knows?... If a Trips section were added to this site - you just might see players who actually know what they are doing posting the occasional good piece of information.

Speaking strictly for myself - if that were to happen - I just might learn a thing or two along the way.

-jp

Sorry for the tardy reply Jeff. I'm not sure an entire section is the way to go. I'm a little hesitant to water down the structure here with more sub-forums...but...with that said, if more people think it's a good idea, I certainly have no problem accommodating.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 11:52 PM   #93
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
EMD4ME, That's exactly the type of stuff I was talking about.

Even better if that type of stuff had its own section. (Easier to find.)

Thanks!

-jp

Here's an example of a bonehead ride where if the trainer changes jock's, it can improve a horse by 3 lengths plus.

Outdidya

I must preface, that this horse is nuts. Does weave a lot, changes lead too often etc. BUT............

Please rewatch the Aug 6th 9th Race (3 horse)

Please rewatch the July 15th 5th race (3 horse again)

Camacho gets the horse into soooooooooooo much trouble THEN to top it off, when he is clear, Camacho obviously is right handed, so he whips right handed to get his horse into MORE trouble in the lane.

In the July 15th race, he almost got himself crippled, by clipping heels (due to his right hand whip STUPIDITY).

In the Aug 6th race, he gets the horse into a jackpot but finally gets in the clear inside the 1/4. Bonehead starts whipping right handed (it's a steering mechanism folks) and the horse listened by moving inward and barreling into his inside foe.

Bonehead pulls him back outward and of course, you guessed it , goes to the right hand whip AGAIN. Horse listens to the idiots instructions and barrels inward again.

I have no idea how Camacho has not gone down another 2000 times in his life. He should've been the co star of Dumb and Dumber, not Jim Carey.

http://emeralddowns.com/racing/

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-14-2016 at 11:58 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #94
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Mario Gutierrez, Race 3 Everqueen.

Not the kind of a ride you'd expect from someone that has won 2 Derby's.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #95
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Arlington R#8 Jose Valdivia, Jr on the .. very clown ride from a 26% jockey there.. its like his goggles were cloudy and couldn't see

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 08-18-2016 at 06:12 PM.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #96
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

It is summer guys. Maybe heatstroke ?
Old 08-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #97
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Sar. R#10 Jose L Ortiz on the pretty clown ride there too. why did he grab back like that? Lets the eventual winner go on with it the ducks down to the inside and gets trapped and has to rip the poor horses head off to get back in the clear... in a fcking turf sprint?
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #98
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
Sar. R#10 Jose L Ortiz on the pretty clown ride there too. why did he grab back like that? Lets the eventual winner go on with it the ducks down to the inside and gets trapped and has to rip the poor horses head off to get back in the clear... in a fcking turf sprint?
Even worse was what happened to the at the start of R10 (yes, I bet on him)...it looks like Rosario wasn't even fully mounted when the gates opened. He was grabbing the rail for support or to get back on or to get off...hell I don't know.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #99
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Well you did at least get a refund on the

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #100
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Well you did at least get a refund on the
Thanks - I only watched the race and never checked back to see if they declared him a non starter.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #101
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
He looked so scared as the 1 was coming wide with no rider on the backstretch.

I get that. Can NOT knock him for that. He committed to the inside at that point but THAT'S where I can agree with you. He choked down scared and let the 9 go. Then it became a domino effect of checks. He should've sent inside the 9.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #102
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Even worse was what happened to the at the start of R10 (yes, I bet on him)...it looks like Rosario wasn't even fully mounted when the gates opened. He was grabbing the rail for support or to get back on or to get off...hell I don't know.
I don't know but if it's me, that starter is demoted.

I have no tolerance for the stupid placing judges, midget brained starters, assistant starters etc.

What if you had a PICK 6 to that 1 horse for $1,000,000??? (assuming of course the fav loses)

What if Rosario crack his neck while in that precarious position?

How does this idiot hit the button with a jock half off?

The 1 is the closest to him/her. How do you NOT see that Mr. Mrs. Starter???

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-18-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #103
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I am not going to even sugar coat this comment:

Manuel Franco made Kevin Smith look like an angel in the 7th at Saratoga today.

Disgusting.......

Even Colmus couldn't believe what he did.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #104
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I am not going to even sugar coat this comment:

Manuel Franco made Kevin Smith look like an angel in the 7th at Saratoga today.

Disgusting.......

Even Colmus couldn't believe what he did.

I mean I'm not even sure how to reply to this. He essentially gave a crappy horse a crappy ride. The horse literally ran last by three lengths in a full field of 10.

I'm 99.99999% sure the ride had nothing to do with the 15 length loss. I watched the replay and at no point did the horse look like he had any run or look remotely comfortable.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #105
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
I mean I'm not even sure how to reply to this. He essentially gave a crappy horse a crappy ride. The horse literally ran last by three lengths in a full field of 10.

I'm 99.99999% sure the ride had nothing to do with the 15 length loss. I watched the replay and at no point did the horse look like he had any run or look remotely comfortable.
WOW. If you can't see what i saw, then it justs shows me how so many people can't watch a replay correctly.

No offense buddy but simply WOW is all I can say in return to you.