Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #211
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I believe that was the assistant starters fault. It was very fortunate that Santiago wasn't seriously injured due to the incompetence of the gate crew. Santiago went on to win the very next race aboard Immunity Idol...
He did. I see from the chart that he was declared a non-starter.

I'm actually thinking it was more the main starter's fault. He pressed the button when Sal wasn't on the horse.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #212
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
He did. I see from the chart that he was declared a non-starter.

I'm actually thinking it was more the main starter's fault. He pressed the button when Sal wasn't on the horse.
It's the asst. starters war cry, "NO, no, no, no" that wasn't heard when viewing both live and via replays....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #213
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

What exactly was the plan by Irad on Katniss The Victor in the 8th at Belmont? It's obvious she doesn't want to be inside of horses, but wouldn't it have been better just to send 100 yards in versus choke back, especially with the first time blinkers? And kudos to Johnny V. for recognizing what was going on and keeping Katniss pinned inside as long as possible. Katniss galloped out past the winner easily and will be an interesting play next time out, considering the distance, conditions, and jockey.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2016, 10:24 PM   #214
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup
Contreras is challenged. No other way to explain his rides.
I never bet woodbine but was watching him in the last tonight. His horse was a sure 4th or 3rd at the 1/4. Horse was storming into the lane wide.

He somehow ended up checking due to his shadow and then didn't ride out hard late. Lost 4th a nose.

They have a massive $365,000 Hi 5 C/O. Can you imagine losing the score because of him?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #215
Robert Fischer
clean money

That Woodbine course can be hard on certain horse's fundamentals, and punishing on certain jocks.

A lot of horses enter on the wrong lead.

Horses look like they are getting away entering the far turn. Then you have horses urged like mad before the turn.
Then the leader enters the stretch lefty, and most of the chasers were just hard used on the turn and enter lefty or flat.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:01 AM   #216
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I believe that was the assistant starters fault. It was very fortunate that Santiago wasn't seriously injured due to the incompetence of the gate crew. Santiago went on to win the very next race aboard Immunity Idol...
I swear the gate crews in SoCal are toking their day away most the time. Some days they are just crappy. Those are their good days. Their bad days, they're dangerous.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #217
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

I wasn't in love with the ride on the 7 at SA in race 2, should always have been within half length of the leader no reason to let the frontrunner go so slow on the lead.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #218
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

For those that remember what I said about Manny Franco and agreed with me.....

Watch what he did just now in race 6 at the 3/8.

For those that disagree with what I said at Saratoga, watch what he did just now in race6 at the 3/8.

For those of you who can't see it.....

There is a SINGULAR moment for males during "intimate sessions" where the session comes to a climactic end. You can't start the "climactic end" and then say, let's stop this for 15 seconds AND then ask for the climactic end to come right back (with the same oomph)

Same thing with Thoroughbreds...

There's your hint.

Disgusting.

P.S. TLG and PA, please don't even attempt to defend his crap. I am in NO MOOD for apologists of this "rider".

Last edited by EMD4ME; 10-22-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:03 PM   #219
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Figures.......always happens....Knock a jock and then they find a way to hurt you again.

Played the 8 in pick 5s and pick 3s in race 7.

Play a super, 8 with 6 10 with 6 10 with all
8 with 6 10 with all with 6 10
8 with all with 6 10 with 6 10

Result 8 10 4 9 6

Manny Franco gets into 7 lengths of trouble, distributes his horse's energy in such a rookie fashion YET AGAIN.

Breaks well, IS PASSIVE as the 8 is clearing, refuses to get his position going forward, gets scared in between and loses many lengths in back to back checks. Then goes all out, to catch up to where he was before

Loses 4th by a nose on a horse who could've WON with a better ride.

Super would've paid the same as it did now as the 4th finisher, the 9 was 13/1 and the 6 was 11/1.

Paid $10K.

If I even hear someone say my favorite met closer was Franco or I want some Franco's Pizza, I cringe.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 10-22-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:03 PM   #220
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

For those that disagree with what I said at Saratoga, watch what he did just now in race6 at the 3/8.

There is a SINGULAR moment for males during "intimate sessions" where the session comes to a climactic end. You can't start the "climactic end" and then say, let's stop this for 15 seconds AND then ask for the climactic end to come right back (with the same oomph)

There's your hint.

Disgusting.

P.S. TLG and PA, please don't even attempt to defend his crap. I am in NO MOOD for apologists of this "rider".
Really? Whatever it is you saw cost him the race RATHER than being HERDED in the lane? You're referring to Tapitation, correct?

INCREDIBLE.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #221
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup
Really? Whatever it is you saw cost him the race RATHER than being HERDED in the lane? You're referring to Tapitation, correct?

INCREDIBLE.
No offense but this is why I am better than you and 99.99999% of the horseplayer population in watching a race.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #222
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

Quote:
No offense but this is why I am better than you and 99.99999% of the horseplayer population in watching a race.
the humility
Old 10-22-2016, 05:17 PM   #223
thespaah

Quote:

There's your hint.

Disgusting.

I assume this took place at Belmont?
Let me have a look....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 05:17 PM   #224
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Pay "him" no attention. He's a fraud, always has been.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #225
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Not in this case. And quite a few others.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply