Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #1261
Canarsie

Things that don't show up in the box score easily tilts the award to Iguodala. He flat out exhausted James who had almost nothing left for the last twelve minutes minimizing the Cav's chances. It was amazing to watch a guy who didn't start a game all season put in a performance like that. Not many players in the NBA could defend like he did.

When GS finally adjusted that Dellavedova was only going to pass the ball back to James the defense really had a decided edge. While some threes were shot with space most were contested and the odds of making those type of shot shrinks significantly.

When you are taking almost the whole clock to get off a shot it exhausts you mentally and physically. I can't remember so many shot clock violations in the finals. If you like defense it was a beautiful thing to watch.

If coach Lebron decides to fire Blatt I wonder if he would go to GS as an assistant. Kerr offered him the job before the Cavs hired him. Gentry is going to the Pelicans so there is an opening. It was very unprofessional how he treated Blatt especially when the cameras were on. James wants Lu anyway its a win win especially if Blatt gets a generous buyout.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #1262
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Things that don't show up in the box score easily tilts the award to Iguodala. He flat out exhausted James who had almost nothing left for the last twelve minutes minimizing the Cav's chances. It was amazing to watch a guy who didn't start a game all season put in a performance like that. Not many players in the NBA could defend like he did.

When GS finally adjusted that Dellavedova was only going to pass the ball back to James the defense really had a decided edge. While some threes were shot with space most were contested and the odds of making those type of shot shrinks significantly.

When you are taking almost the whole clock to get off a shot it exhausts you mentally and physically. I can't remember so many shot clock violations in the finals. If you like defense it was a beautiful thing to watch.

If coach Lebron decides to fire Blatt I wonder if he would go to GS as an assistant. Kerr offered him the job before the Cavs hired him. Gentry is going to the Pelicans so there is an opening. It was very unprofessional how he treated Blatt especially when the cameras were on. James wants Lu anyway its a win win especially if Blatt gets a generous buyout.
The key words were 'start all season ' this guy had fresh legs, its the same reason Deli was able to embarrass Curry in at least one game.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #1263
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The key words were 'start all season ' this guy had fresh legs, its the same reason Deli was able to embarrass Curry in at least one game.

Make up your mind. As you pointed out, he played starter minutes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #1264
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Ok, seriously, did a kindergarten class win a contest and get to design the new Clippers logo?
Old 06-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #1265
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Make up your mind. As you pointed out, he played starter minutes.
Not all minutes are created equal. And as far as the Clips logo goes its going to be pretty embarrassing I would imagine LOSING to those guys and finishing behind them in the standings
Old 06-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #1266
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ok, seriously, did a kindergarten class win a contest and get to design the new Clippers logo?
Blake griffin made the logo.

Check out the 'funny or die' video and see for yourself.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #1267
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Blake griffin made the logo.

Check out the 'funny or die' video and see for yourself.
It is really bad. I never cared much for the Thunder's either, FYI.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #1268
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It is really bad. I never cared much for the Thunder's either, FYI.
I agree, its not good.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #1269
Canarsie

Quote:
Really??? Iguodala played almost twenty seven minutes per game that isn't chump change on a skilled team like GS. Dellavedova needed an iv drip and an overnight hospital stay because he finally played hard and gave maximum effort. Heck we could have figured out in the schoolyard what he was going to do with the ball once it was in his hands.

I'm going to give you a chance to back up your statement. Name a player in the finals who had fresh legs, never started more than ten games in that season, and slowed down the greatest player in the world. Who also shot better from the three line and FG % was over 12% higher than the SUPERSTAR he was guarding. He must have been slipping his three balls were only .400 compared to James .310 I'll give James credit though he shot far better from the free throw line than Iguodala.

Take your time the next season doesn't start for quite some time. Balls in your court. I can't recall one player but by the miniscule chance that you find it I'll push for him to be nominated to the HOF.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #1270
Stillriledup
Veteran

fresh legs and minutes played dont go hand in hand, each player is different, each minute is different. Some players can play less minutes and be more tired. You either find a way to have fresh legs in June or you dont, but who has fresh legs is random, each player is different as far as how much they can take. Not everyone w the exact same minutes is going to have 'equal legs' some people wear down faster and like i said, not all minutes are created equal.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #1271
Valuist

Quote:
fresh legs and minutes played dont go hand in hand, each player is different, each minute is different. Some players can play less minutes and be more tired. You either find a way to have fresh legs in June or you dont, but who has fresh legs is random, each player is different as far as how much they can take. Not everyone w the exact same minutes is going to have 'equal legs' some people wear down faster and like i said, not all minutes are created equal.
Its certainly NOT always random; San Antonio is the perfect example of that; how Popovich allocates minutes with the bigger picture in mind.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #1272
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Its certainly NOT always random; San Antonio is the perfect example of that; how Popovich allocates minutes with the bigger picture in mind.
To be honest though, that is a new thing since the players have gotten older and the effectiveness of the strategy is debatable as best. He certainly wasn't doing that when Parker and Duncan and Ginobli were young.

They won a title and narrowly missed one, but they've had a few first round losses mixed in as well in the same time frame.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #1273
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
He allocates minutes well, but it's still up to the players to understand the concept of saving the energy they have. It's a combination of things.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #1274
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Either the class or his grandkids. Maybe an IOS or Android program was the culprit.