Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-05-2022, 12:45 PM   #106
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Serious question, have you been around many gay people? I really find your condescending reaction to a lesbian couples views that I shared off putting.
By today's definition they would be called homophobic, of which well over 50% of the population is. Mayor Pete brings it on himself by going out of his way to remind everyone he is gay. You are taking an odd minority stance for a conservative. My views are like Martin Luther King's I believe in a color blind society, I am sick of all these identity politics, they are divisive. That includes identifying people by sexual orientation. I don't see any heterosexual flags or parades, so why do we need the opposite of that? How about we all identify as human beings? I think that is what Dr. King wanted.
Very well put.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #107
jimmyb

Quote:
Serious question, have you been around many gay people? I really find your condescending reaction to a lesbian couples views that I shared off putting.
By today's definition they would be called homophobic, of which well over 50% of the population is. Mayor Pete brings it on himself by going out of his way to remind everyone he is gay. You are taking an odd minority stance for a conservative. My views are like Martin Luther King's I believe in a color blind society, I am sick of all these identity politics, they are divisive. That includes identifying people by sexual orientation. I don't see any heterosexual flags or parades, so why do we need the opposite of that? How about we all identify as human beings? I think that is what Dr. King wanted.
It's the concept of divide and conquer. Politicians encourage us to judge our differences. It keeps us fighting and hating on each other, and gives politicians bullshit ammunition in the war of elections.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:33 PM   #108
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
It's the concept of divide and conquer. Politicians encourage us to judge our differences. It keeps us fighting and hating on each other, and gives politicians bullshit ammunition in the war of elections.

I am always baffled with these stories of oppression and racism people that could pass for a multitude of ethnic backgrounds or whatever you call it tell.
My liberal ex-girlfriend often mentioned the ethnic breakdown of crowds we were in. Unless it was extreme when I was the only white guy in a few places I went in Arkansas I do not notice. We are at Disney World and she feels the need to comment about how under represented black people are due to how expensive it is, and how oppressed they are blah,blah,blah. My thoughts are WTF? She never commented on lack of black people at the local short track,
maybe because it isn't expensive to go there.

The county I live in is 1/3 black. In 12 years I have never witnessed an outward act of racism, everyone seems to be courteous and friendly with each other. I prefer to keep my ass off of I-95 so I travel the rural back roads. I don't see any confederate flags or any other symbols of hate and I am very observant. My liberal ex girlfriend who lives in Lilly white land thinks racism is as big a problem as it ever was. I say it is a case of someone brain washed by liberal propaganda they sell as news.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #109
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And I find it offensive you would use this as some sort of shield to somehow justify your dumb stereotype.

It's almost as bad as "but I have black friends"

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-05-2022 at 06:30 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #110
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Question to all those I've apparently pissed off...

You want ME to respect your opinions, yet you clearly won't respect mine.

Interesting.

AND I DON'T START OUT BEING A DICK

You miss the subtle clues. The deleted posts with NARY A WORD by me...or the PRIVATE MESSAGE...I guess some of you MISSED THAT TOO.

So don't act like this is some sudden ATTACK out of nowhere. I usually don't go in guns blazing without firing a few quiet warning shots along the way.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-05-2022 at 06:34 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #111
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

It's almost as bad as "but I have black friends"
Thank goodness many of us do. Whenever the racist tag gets tossed, it's immediately discarded
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2022, 01:18 PM   #112
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Question to all those I've apparently pissed off...

You want ME to respect your opinions, yet you clearly won't respect mine.

Interesting.

AND I DON'T START OUT BEING A DICK

You miss the subtle clues. The deleted posts with NARY A WORD by me...or the PRIVATE MESSAGE...I guess some of you MISSED THAT TOO.

So don't act like this is some sudden ATTACK out of nowhere. I usually don't go in guns blazing without firing a few quiet warning shots along the way.

I call BS, I was never a dick to you, you ran me into the ground out of nowhere because I admitted by today's definition I was a homophobe, and have always been. Also what "dumb stereotype" did I use? Like I said my beliefs hurt no one. You either are getting people confused or have bad recall.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:49 PM   #113
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't want to discuss this any longer. You all know where I stand now.

It would be nice if these things didn't always have to devolve into a food fight.

Even if you don't agree with my take, at least show a little respect and back off when you're quietly notified the first time around.

It's not that big a deal, really.

But everything just HAS TO ESCALATE, doesn't it?
Old 09-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #114
mhaney0423

Quote:
I like how you took offense to me calling you "dude," by the way.

I always find it hilarious when those on the right get so upset when I take them to task on something they've written here.

As if I've violated some sort of sacrosanct rule where I'm only supposed to call out those on the left. And if I have a problem with something someone on the right has written, I've somehow broken a law of nature.

We'll leave this here because I don't feel like arguing all night long. And there was no reason why this had to blow up like it did. I just went back and read my initial reply to you. It really wasn't all that awful.
You mean this was not, in fact, a rule? Well, I'm certainly not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, you had me completely fooled! I seem to be not the only one shocked here though, so I don't feel too bad
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2022, 07:29 AM   #115
TJDave

Spreading corruption on earth

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-lg...tion-on-earth/

A court in Iran has sentenced to death two gay rights activists on charges of promoting homosexuality, campaigners said Monday, urging pressure from the international community to stop the implementation of the verdicts.

The two women, Zahra Sedighi Hamedani, 31, and Elham Chubdar, 24, were sentenced to death by the court in the northwestern town of Urmia, the Hengaw Kurdish rights organization said.

They were convicted of "spreading corruption on earth" — a charge frequently imposed on defendants deemed to have broken the country's sharia laws, it added. They were informed of the sentence while in detention in the women's wing of the Urmia jail.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #116
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-lg...tion-on-earth/

A court in Iran has sentenced to death two gay rights activists on charges of promoting homosexuality, campaigners said Monday, urging pressure from the international community to stop the implementation of the verdicts.

The two women, Zahra Sedighi Hamedani, 31, and Elham Chubdar, 24, were sentenced to death by the court in the northwestern town of Urmia, the Hengaw Kurdish rights organization said.

They were convicted of "spreading corruption on earth" — a charge frequently imposed on defendants deemed to have broken the country's sharia laws, it added. They were informed of the sentence while in detention in the women's wing of the Urmia jail.

Sorry for those ladies plight, but every time we impose our beliefs on another country we just make more enemies, and become the target of terrorist attacks. I just wondered if we just left everyone alone and stop trying to be the world police how different things would be. It is futile trying to change the beliefs held in Islamic countries, how many of our own people and our allies have died trying to do so?