Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 09-01-2023, 07:59 AM   #1
Teach

Saratoga: Friday, September 1

Race One:

In today's Spa opener, a MSW turf-sprint, I’ve landed on REVEREND MOON. This Omaha Beach-bred colt had what must labelled a “troubled trip" in his only start, in a similar race, three-weeks ago. The San Francisco de Macoris, Dominican Republic-native, Joel Rosario, is in the irons today as he was in mid-August. In that last trip, this War Front bay colt got track announcer Frank Mirahmadi’s first call. This Malibu Moon-bred quickly dashed to the rail; yet he was soon cut off by the angling Ocean Mermaid. In the meantime, other horses were ranging up on the outside. Although still in contention as the field reached the far turn, this 2-year-old was literally “between a rock and a hard place.” At the top of the stretch, this Grand Moon-bred was still “hugging” the rail. For a moment, at the top of the stretch, there was a glimpse of daylight. Yet, it was "a tease." Ocean Mermaid would quickly “close the hole.” Again, a glimpse of daylight, but again, that opening quickly closed. “El Dominicano” then decided to angle his charge to the outside. Still, no place to go, and by now, the finish line is only a few jumps away. This colt settled for 4th in a trip that had more twists, turns, and bends than the Amazon River. A cleaner trip could, just might, as they say, "do wonders." Joel Rosario reprises the ride for trainer Christophe Clement. Monsieur Clement does exceptionally well with horses entered in their 2nd career grass race. Others: , , .

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2023, 08:41 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

In this state-bred MSW sprint, I’m picking MY MANE SQUEEZE. This Into Mischief-bred filly had what can only be described as an “adventuresome” trip in her last, and I might add, her only pari-mutuel start against similar company a few weeks ago. First, in her last, this Speightstown-bred was solidly “bumped” coming out of the gate. It was if she were playing “Dodgem Cars” at Boston’s (actually Hull, MA’s) “Paragon Park”. Yet, in her last, this Audible-bred was in contention, early. However, inexplicably, this 2-year-old started going “retrograde.” Yet, she soon “gathered herself” and moved back into “the thick of things.” It was then that this In Spite of Mama-bred found a seam and was moving steadily down the lane. She won the show-photo. I believe a better trip would make this filly, as Marlon Brando once said in “On The Waterfront" (1950), “a contender.” Tyler Gaffalione, her pilot, has been as hot as a summer afternoon in South Florida. I might add that the aforementioned broodmare, In Spite of Mama, has produced 3 winners and 1 stakes-winner from 4 starters. Trainer Mike Maker has added blinkers. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 09-01-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

In this state-bred, starter-allowance sprint, n2x, I’m picking the Chris Englehart-trainee, KHALI MAGIC. This Medaglia d’Oro-bred 5-year-old mare won her last in allowance company at Belmont in late-June. Her pilot is “El Afilado,” Carolina, Puerto Rico’s Manny Franco. I look for this Smoking Mel-bred to be out-and-going when the gates unlatch. If there’s "a fly in the ointment,” this Al Khali-bred has been away from the races for over two months. Yet in this mare’s favor, the aforementioned Chris Englehart does well with horses that have been “on the shelf.” Englehart also does very well both with horses that were winners of the last race and those that are entered in allowance company I might also mention that this Smoking Sue-bred’s most recent “work” was a creditable :49-flat for 4-panels. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 09-01-2023, 09:12 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four:

In this the Grade III Saranac States to be contested over the distance of one-mile and one-sixteenth over Saratoga’s Inner Turf Course for a purse of $175k, I’ve selected CARL SPACKLER. This Lope de Vega (IRE)-bred was last seen, a few weeks ago, winning the the Grade II Hall of Fame. Davie, Florida’s Tyler Gaffalione reprises the ride for “The Man from Mechanicville,” Chad Brown. Brown does exceptionally well with horses making their second-start off a layoff. This colt’s broodmare, Zindaya, was a stakes winner who produced 1 winner, 1 stakes-winner, 1 turf-winner from 2 starters. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 09-01-2023, 09:26 AM   #5
Teach

Pick Six: There's a Pick Six 112K carryover. That number should grow exponentially.

Race Five: , , ,

Race Six: , , ,

Race Seven: , , /,

Race Eight: , , ,

Race Nine: , , ,

Race Ten: , , , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)