Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-23-2019, 04:10 AM   #1
hcap

Why I detest Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh argues Kamala Harris and Barack Obama can't be considered African-American
Rush Limbaugh denied the racial heritage of Harris and Obama, claiming that "this is all about making them victims"

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/22/rus...ican-american/

In a clip captured by Media Matters for America, Limbaugh can be heard using a mocking tone to describe Harris and Obama — as well as Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. — as people who want to be "victims" so they depict Trump as "this big man bully."

"And by the way, can somebody explain to me how Kamala Harris is an African-American?" Limbaugh asks. "Her father is Jamaican and her mother is Indian. How does that equal African-American? Same thing with Barack Obama. Obama's not African-American, he doesn't have any history here [inaudible] any of that stuff. And Rashida Tlaib is Palestinian, for crying out -- that'd be like calling a Jewish person a person of color. How is Rashida Tlaib a person of color? She's not! This is all about making them victims. It's all about making them appear to be 'Just little people trying to save themselves and save their country and this big man bully, this guy Trump comes along and squashes on them and steps on them and it's all because he doesn't like...' It's absurd!"

In a clip captured by Media Matters for America, Limbaugh can be heard using a mocking tone to describe Harris and Obama — as well as Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. — as people who want to be "victims" so they depict Trump as "this big man bully."

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...aib-not/224295
Old 07-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Rush Limbaugh argues Kamala Harris and Barack Obama can't be considered African-American
Rush Limbaugh denied the racial heritage of Harris and Obama, claiming that "this is all about making them victims"

"And by the way, can somebody explain to me how Kamala Harris is an African-American?" Limbaugh asks. "Her father is Jamaican and her mother is Indian. How does that equal African-American? Same thing with Barack Obama. Obama's not African-American, he doesn't have any history here [inaudible] any of that stuff. And Rashida Tlaib is Palestinian, for crying out -- that'd be like calling a Jewish person a person of color. How is Rashida Tlaib a person of color? She's not! This is all about making them victims. It's all about making them appear to be 'Just little people trying to save themselves and save their country and this big man bully, this guy Trump comes along and squashes on them and steps on them and it's all because he doesn't like...' It's absurd!"

I detest him for other reasons....but here...what did he say THAT was un-truthful?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
Greyfox

Don Lemon doesn't believe Kamala Harris is African-American either.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...o-is-don-lemon
Consider this February exchange between black CNN host Don Lemon and black female reporter April Ryan. Lemon said, “There’s a difference between being African American and being black.” Ryan replied that, yes, Harris is a “black woman.”

Lemon: “I agree with that, but is she African American? There is a difference, and there’s nothing wrong with that. No one’s trying to take anything away from her. I think you’re falling into the trap of that. All she had to do was say, ‘I am black, but I’m not African American.’ … Jamaica’s not America. Jamaica did not come out of Jim Crow.”
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
boxcar

Quote:

Ahh...The Truth hurts badly, doesn't it?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
I detest him for other reasons....but here...what did he say THAT was un-truthful?
Let's start with this BS
Quote:
Limbaugh can be heard using a mocking tone to describe Harris and Obama — as well as Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. — as people who want to be "victims" so they depict Trump as "this big man bully."
Nome of them are doing any of that. A president and congresspeople don't get elected playing "victims" Not counting Obama was president 8 years without that fat "big man bully" around. He was a TV showman

Also Limpbag has a meager understanding of racial identity today. Multiracial groups are not broken down by anyone as horses or farm animals, as X part this Y part that, Z part etc. The painful history of colonialism and slavery helped jumble racial histories We can not refer to humans as specific "breeds"

Most with some African descent use "Black"

The problem is Limpbag has a following of equally ignorant ditto heads.

Ah, the wonderful legacy of talk am radio.

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2019 at 09:18 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Don Lemon doesn't believe Kamala Harris is African-American either.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...o-is-don-lemon
Consider this February exchange between black CNN host Don Lemon and black female reporter April Ryan. Lemon said, “There’s a difference between being African American and being black.” Ryan replied that, yes, Harris is a “black woman.”

Lemon: “I agree with that, but is she African American? There is a difference, and there’s nothing wrong with that. No one’s trying to take anything away from her. I think you’re falling into the trap of that. All she had to do was say, ‘I am black, but I’m not African American.’ … Jamaica’s not America. Jamaica did not come out of Jim Crow.”
But did Lemon or Aprilm Ryan claim Kanela Harris was playing the victim to demean the fat ass president as a big bully?

Btw,. African slaves were brought to Jamaica as well as here. Many Jamaicans then were transported here. As I said, Blacks today call themselves Black if they can trace some lineage to Africa. There us no dispute about being Black. Limpbag is demeaning people of color by attempting to verify their "breeding stock"
Old 07-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Ahh...The Truth hurts badly, doesn't it?
No Limpbag is disgusting. However I am aware you are a true ditto head. Don't expect much from ditto heads
Old 07-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
davew

Rashida Tlaib is a great example ....

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
But did Lemon or Aprilm Ryan claim Kanela Harris was playing the victim to demean the fat ass president as a big bully?

Btw,. African slaves were brought to Jamaica as well as here. Many Jamaicans then were transported here. As I said, Blacks today call themselves Black if they can trace some lineage to Africa. There us no dispute about being Black. Limpbag is demeaning people of color by attempting to verify their "breeding stock"
By the way, African slaves were sold by Africans to white people. It was a good way for rival, warring, conquering chieftans to get rid of their vanquished enemies. It was a true double win for those chieftans.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #10
RunForTheRoses

[QUOTE=hcap;2495704]Rush Limbaugh argues Kamala Harris and Barack Obama can't be considered African-American
Rush Limbaugh denied the racial heritage of Harris and Obama, 's not! This is all about making them victims. It's all about making them appear to be 'Just little people trying to save themselves and save their country and this big man bully, this guy Trump comes along and squashes on them and steps on them and it's all because he doesn't like...' It's absurd!"

Yawn
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #11
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Rashida Tlaib is a great example ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJBRnxGuLwg
I guess you Trumpites are all on wind up springs. Thiis the 10th time some variation of that incident was posted. All, thed soon to be moron king and the congresswomen were not in office. Happened over 3 years ago.

Posted over and over again on the thread PA closed for some mysterious reason.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #12
davew

Quote:
By the way, African slaves were sold by Africans to white people. It was a good way for rival, warring, conquering chieftans to get rid of their vanquished enemies. It was a true double win for those chieftans.
0bama comes from a line of slave sellers, but he should get reparations as well
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #13
hcap

Quote:
And? So what. What does that have to do with you hero Limpbag?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #14
46zilzal
velocitician

brain dead blowhard
Old 07-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #15
Tor Ekman

hcap, in a nutshell = Orange Man Bad, Chubby Man Bad
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply