Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-22-2024, 10:46 AM   #31
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The point?

Seriously?
Did either of you actually read what I wrote or do you both need a definition of the word if?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 11:31 AM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He asked a simple question for clarification.
A civlil answer would have what most people would have been what most people would have given.

But hey, whatever you need to get by. Not everyone is out to get you.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:40 AM   #33
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
He asked a simple question for clarification.
A civlil answer would have what most people would have been what most people would have given.

But hey, whatever you need to get by. Not everyone is out to get you.
He didn't ask a simple question, Tom. It was a snide attempt at "gotcha" and I called him out for it. I'm sure now he will play innocent, but he's a bad guy who is all over social media taking cheap shots at me, just as he has done here.

It's all good. I enjoyed the laugh. Jealousy will eat you alive.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:48 AM   #34
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Did either of you actually read what I wrote or do you both need a definition of the word if?
Suddenly the key board bully knows the definition of the word if.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 12:01 PM   #35
ubercapper

This is the official guidance for racing in cold weather in New York from the State Equine Medical Director. Read into it what you will. I am just providing the document.

https://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/EMD%20...%202.24.23.pdf
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 12:15 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
OK. What's the point? Not that you ever really have one.
Several months ago some of the non synth fans pointed out that even though NYRA and you were saying the synth track was primarily going to be used for off turf and similar extreme weather condition, GP initially said similar things and then started carding a lot more synth races.

Is that position being softened?

I don't care about a few off the turf races running on synth or if there is a severe storm doing the same. That's better than a sloppy track with a field of 3-4. But if there are a lot of other synth races that's more races I'm probably not going to play. It also makes figure and bias determination more problematical when the card is split between surfaces or horses keep switching back and forth. That an annoyance to me personally which is why I commented in that thread originally.

I'm just curious about the plan now so I can think about how I will ultimately play.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-22-2024 at 12:28 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 12:20 PM   #37
classhandicapper

Quote:
He didn't ask a simple question, Tom. It was a snide attempt at "gotcha" and I called him out for it. I'm sure now he will play innocent, but he's a bad guy who is all over social media taking cheap shots at me, just as he has done here.
All nonsense.

I'm the easiest guy in the world to get along with (except in off topic politics and with you) and nice to everyone I meet and know. The "and with you" part should tell you something about where the problem has been discussing racing. Any issues we have had you started. You can't take anyone disagreeing with you or NYRA. You take everything personally. Guess what, you are sometimes wrong just like the rest of us.

I haven't read anything you've said on Twitter in years. I've been blocked forever.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-22-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:20 PM   #38
Robert Fischer
clean money

1.) Yes, of course they will 'card' races for the Synthetic track in relatively similar ways to Gulfstream.

2.) No, this recent cancellation was not a conspiracy to sell Synthetic tracks.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:37 PM   #39
denniswilliams

Quote:

It's all good. I enjoyed the laugh. Jealousy will eat you alive.

He definitely has an 'agenda' and it's interesting that some people don't see it. It's not like he tries to hide it. What's particularly 'humorous' is how he sucks up to people when he needs something - some skill he lacks (like creating his database - that was a SUCKUP for the ages, for example). Then, after the fact, he assumes the EXPERT stance.

Don't let him get to you .....
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 02:50 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wow, 46 posts and you know people that well.

Did your twitter account recently get suspended?
Old 01-22-2024, 03:20 PM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
He definitely has an 'agenda' and it's interesting that some people don't see it. It's not like he tries to hide it. What's particularly 'humorous' is how he sucks up to people when he needs something - some skill he lacks (like creating his database - that was a SUCKUP for the ages, for example). Then, after the fact, he assumes the EXPERT stance.

Are you a relative of Andy's, good buddy, coworker, or a suck up using a burner account you just started in 2024?

You seem to know a lot about things that happened in 2014 for an account that was just set up.

You got me though. I do have an agenda. I want to be a better horseplayer, win and talk about racing.

First of all, I was a computer programmer and programming consultant from 1980 to 2004 working with mainframe databases in the financial services industry. I shifted to jobs in the racing industry after that job burnt me out.

What I didn't know was the best techniques for using an Access database on my PC. So I asked.

I thanked everyone that helped me with my initial database setup profusely back in 2014 when I started. People were all too kind. I still refer back to that thread sometimes.

Since then I've learned a lot. So now it seems reasonable to return the favor to people that don't have a database by providing data at times or talking about how I use mine if some people want to set one up.

And that makes me a bad guy?

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-22-2024 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:46 PM   #42
mistergee

can you tell me if Saturdays cancelled card entries gets completely just moved to another day or just all scrapped
mistergee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 04:06 PM   #43
classhandicapper

Thanks for your comments Tom.

Truth be told, I like to get along with everyone. If it were up to me and I saw Andy at AQU one day I'd introduce myself, shake his hand, and forget about all these internet disagreements. There are way more important things in life. But if he honestly thinks I'm a bad guy, am jealous, attacking him without reason or care much about NYRA one way or the other he couldn't possibly be more wrong. I disagree him sometimes, same as I do with countless others and as they do with me, but somehow it doesn't turn into a fiasco with others. So it's pointless.

It has been obvious I don't like synth going all the back to the beginnings. So if NYRA runs more synthetic, I'll bet fewer races, but no one will care or notice. I'd simply rather they run fewer synthetic races. That's all there was to the question. It seemed by his comment that the plans might be changing? All he had to do was say "yes" or "no" or that he wasn't implying that because they don't know yet. Then instead of being here I'd be on a Knicks forum arguing about how they should fix the bench without Quickley. Now I'm off to make the case for the Knicks trading for Brogdon.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-22-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:30 PM   #44
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
All nonsense.

I'm the easiest guy in the world to get along with (except in off topic politics and with you) and nice to everyone I meet and know. The "and with you" part should tell you something about where the problem has been discussing racing. Any issues we have had you started. You can't take anyone disagreeing with you or NYRA. You take everything personally. Guess what, you are sometimes wrong just like the rest of us.
Well, as usual there he goes again: Responding just like a little guy! Instead of conducting himself as a reasonable person, you (and others) become another point of personal ridicule and sarcasm. It’s no wonder why many others around here seeing similar situations are reluctant to post and even shy away from posting at all. It’s a shame that someone so involved in the racing industry can’t be a better and more congenial ambassador of the game when it comes to general interaction with other players.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #45
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post

Yeah, he's pretty transparent. I don't think he actually fools too many people. My guess is his posts get less than one read for every hundred words he writes. Who can make it through all that double talk??