Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 02-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, February 15

Race One:

1 DOWNUNDERMATTER is my pick in the opener. This Donerail-bred gelding was trapped down on the rail last week like a wide-receiver who’s been “stapled” to the sideline by the opposing team’s corner back. In that one, in the stretch, Dexter Dunn looked to his right; he looked to his left… No place to go (he musta bin “brassed off”). It wouldn’t have taken a rocket scientist to figure out that Dunn was locked in behind a cordon of horses. (Ya woulda thought he were the president in a presidential Presidents’ Day motorcade). This gelding did eventually shake loose – he ducked quickly to his inside. However, by then, alas and alack, he had, quite simply, run out of real estate. His 8th place finish belies his closing effort. This time, if he can run to daylight… Yes, a cleaner trip might just pay dividends. Others: 10, 6, 2.

Race Two:

4 RATHER SWELL
(sounds like the 1930s) briefly took the lead at the top of the stretch two weeks ago only to fade to 2nd. He was both first-over and parked-out throughout a good portion of that mile. This Danielle Dailey-trainee should now be as “tighter than a drum”. In other words: “If he gets the trip…champagne he’ll sip.” As I conclude and bid his driver, Dexter Dunn, “Good-bye,” I say to “The Kiwi”: “Hooray!” Others: 3, 2, 1.

Race Three:

I’m gonna try for a mild upset with 2 MIKEY LIKES IT (Takes me back to the 1970s Life Cereal commercial). It’s “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, who’s back in the bike. The University of Kentucky “Wildcat” takes over the reins after this trotter made a couple stops across the Hudson in the Empire State at the “Ol’ Hiltop” on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers. The change of venue (he’ll get a fair trial in New Jersey) to “The Big Mile,” the return of CC in the sulky, and the drop in class… As George Gershwin might have penned: “Who Could Ask for Anything More?” Others: 4, 3, 5.

Race Four:

Before you call out, “Abuelo loco,” hear me out! Yes, admittedly, this gelding showed little in his recent efforts at Freehold. Yet, when 2 REDLINE RUSTY raced at The Meadowlands over one month ago, he showed flashes -- particularly in his race on December 27 -- of ability. If this guy re-captures that form, he immediately becomes…“a player”. One of the top drivers up at “The Spa,” Billy Dobson, handles the lines. Ann DePietro owns and trains. Others: 5, 6, 3.

Race Five:

It’s “Team Orange Crush”! Andy’s in the bike; his wife, Julie Miller, trains this S J’s Photo-bred. I’m talkin’ ‘bout: 4 ILLINIMIGHT. This Illinois-bred was 2nd in this company last week as the 8/5 beaten- favorite. 2nd-time Lasix. This guy should be coming -- with a rush -- at the top of the stretch. Others: 9, 6, 3.

Race Six:

The entry, 1/1A, 1 FAMILY ROLL CALL/1ATALBOT CHANEL. I’m particularly focused on 1 Family Roll Call. This Roll With Joe-bred mare gets post-position relief. Yes, she did break in her last; that concerns me. Yet, if this gal runs as she is capable of pacing, she can get her picture taken. The pacer’s driver, none other than: Monsieur Yannick Gingras, Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada. He’s been as: “Chaud Petard sur Journee de Saint-Jean-Baptiste”. A clean trip would appear to be all that is necessary to put this 6-year old into the winner’s circle. Bonne chance! Others: 6, 8, 2.

Race Seven:

8 DERF HANOVER tried preferred handicap company last time, but it was: “Clang, clang, clang went ‘The Trolley’.” (Judy Garland). This gelding finished 4th. This evening, this guy gets class relief. Yes, the post is tough, but this guy can be rough (not rough-gaited). Yes, an alert start would help. The gelding does have the chauffeuring services of “The Captain,” Corey Callahan. CC should have this guy “on the engine.” Ration. Ration. Ration. Jenn Bongiorno trains. Others: 2, 3, 4.

Race Eight:

4 JUXTA COWGIRL needed her last as “a tightener” (One breath is taken – a 1:1 ratio - for every stride the horse takes; unobstructed breathing, understandably, is all-important). Anyway, in her last, she finished up the track. Yet, with that start under her belt, she should be much more competitive. Corey Callahan is in the seat. Mike Watson trains. One thing is for certain: “You won’t get 60-1. No way!” I look for this Cole Muffler-bred to be in the thick of things. Others: 9, 7, 3.

Race Nine:

The Entry: 1/1A ARCH CREDIT/FINAL DREAM. I particularly like 1 Arch Credit (he starts from 2-hole). That inside post could do wonders for this gelding’s chances. “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, reprises the drive. He should have this 5-year old up close. Chris Marino trains. Others: 4, 5, 2.

Race Ten:

5 WALTZACROSSTHEWIRE
gets a degree of class relief. This roan gelding, inexplicably, stopped in his tracks one week ago. Is it a harbinger of things to come, or was it an anomaly? An aberration, even. If this 8-year old can get himself back on track, then he’s no “palooka,” he becomes “a contendah” (Marlon Brando: “On The Waterfront”). Marcus Miller reprises the drive for “The Scourge of Monticello Raceway,” trainer Bob Lounsbury. Others: 4, 1, 7.

Race Eleven:

8 BYE HANOVER may well have needed his last race. One thing’s for sure: He’s dropping faster than a lead balloon in vacuum. He was 3rd to a runaway winner last week. Hark! No You Should Be Here. Let me add that this is a nicely-bred standardbred mare, e.g., Well Said, Somebeachsomewhere, etc. “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, reprises the drive for trainer Scott DiDomenico. Others: 9, 5, 3.

Race Twelve:

It’s “CC,” as in 1 CC BIG BOY SAM. “Oh Captain, My Captain,” Corey Callahan, reprises the drive. This Ohio-bred just missed last time against better. He now gets both class and post relief. Mike Watson trains this Towner’s Big Guy-bred. Others: 6, 4, 3.

Race Thirteen:

In the finale, I’m going with a long shot, 3 BASTILLE. “Prise de la Bastille!” This veteran trotter is capable of taking “the nightcap”. “The Harvard Man,” (that’s Harvard, IL near the Wisconsin border; it’s the home of “Milk Days” in early June), Pat Berry, is a most capable reinsman. Berry will likely have this guy out and trotting when the wings retract. I believe this 13-year old can be “a player” from his improved starting post. Tim Lancaster trains. Others: 8, 6, 4.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
boys at tosconova

nice write up.

i will focus on the pick 4.

8th race goes around 5 deep imo.

a few of these YR horses look pretty strong and competitive enough to roll here should they take to the mile track. a couple have decent quallies here, but went right back to the 1/2 mile

4-5-6-7-9

i would like to single the 9 but i would like to be alive after the first leg.

if the 4 is live he'll be low.......5-2 7/2.... those odds can't be ruled out..this horse did win in 151.4 last year here.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-15-2019 at 03:40 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
boys at tosconova

race 9

the #1 entry will be seriously over bet and prolly go off @ 8/5. doesn't mean archie won't win, but the horse just spits it out quite a bit. i mean, cutie already beat archie two back and chelsee ran just as well vs him last week.

have to use the 8 just on class he could easily win big and roll here. seems like hell be co-fav as well.

that leaves us with the 2/5/7 for potential long shots..i really think you have to use all five unless you're really in love with rock of cashel..

alaska looks pretty fast and will be over over looked as 5th choice.

1-2-5-7-8
Old 02-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
boys at tosconova

race 10

this is prolly the easiest race out of all of them to single.

the 5 will be very low and leaving...even money low........

i really want to use the 6 here as well, waltz didn't beat him by much a few back 1L and the six could be 7/10-1,.....and can add further padding to might be a very big pick 4 ticket number

5-6.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
boys at tosconova

race 11

well,....

if i use all my horses up this this race you need to single here. and if u have to single it has to be the 9. but he's no longer with burke and has his vitamins + outside post. that alone could ruin you if the 8 is well meant

the 8 might be classy, but i really don't know..he just looks like he might be a little slow...after him you have the 1-3-5-7 which look competitive to one another for xyz reasons.......that alone makes it difficult.

gun to my head i only use 5-8-9....but i do not want to leave out 1-3-7

tough sledding imo
Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
bello
Veteran

Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in the thread. I love the opinion threads more than just the numbers.
DD 6/13

P5 6/13/68/156/46
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in the thread. I love the opinion threads more than just the numbers.
DD 6/13

P5 6/13/68/156/46
but yet you just post numbers
Old 02-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #8
bello
Veteran

ill add comments have my hands full with my baby granson at the momenr
Old 02-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #9
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
but yet you just post numbers
i actually tought i wrote a comment for eace 1

parden the typos...another set of little handas typing

race 2 no
#1 julerica...may very well be dead lame off the time off but yanick up
#3 magnum mike...nick had the Freehold
steeds today loaded with Juicy Juice

DD 13/68
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #10
bello
Veteran

64 dd 134 ex races 1 and 2

Race 3
#8 just jewel...first time burke
#6 dover don.strong win last
Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 PM   #11
bello
Veteran

Quote:
i actually tought i wrote a comment for eace 1

parden the typos...another set of little handas typing

race 2 no
#1 julerica...may very well be dead lame off the time off but yanick up
#3 magnum mike...nick had the Freehold
steeds today loaded with Juicy Juice

DD 13/68
Oh My...#6 missed by a nose for a $275 dd and 2 bombs in the p5

Race 4
#6 American Rage..freehold shipper may have been facing better
#1 Buckeye in charge...used hard early in last and still came back to win
#5 Ideal Candidate...7.5 where he belongs
#3 for super players
DD 156/46
Old 02-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #12
bello
Veteran

Race 5
#6 Celebrity Lover...no shot trip last...better tonight
#4 illinimight...lasix helped
Old 02-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #13
bello
Veteran

Need to stop with Buter....he stinks

Race 6
#1 Family Roll Call...Burke is a master at getting them in the right condion race to be competetive
#6 Stylish Beachware...back to a competeive level
#7 Rocky Praline....is there any such thing as Praline Juice...If there is Nick will find it
DD 167/68
Old 02-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #14
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Need to stop with Buter....he stinks
smart move. he gets too many decent horses and fk's it up most of the time
Old 02-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #15
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
smart move. he gets too many decent horses and fk's it up most of the time
Yep, they always have excuses so I chase them into the next outing, and they have excuses again. Vicious cycle.

Race 7
#6 Resita...one more for Burke before the dirtying up resumes
#8 Derf Hanover...is in lifetime good form
#2 and #3 underneath
DD 68/4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: