Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,262
Brian Laundrie may have been found

Items confirmed by parents as his

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-reserve.html
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #2
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,769
I suspected he might be dead for awhile. If these are his remains, it's unlikely we are ever going to know much about what really happened.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 11,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I suspected he might be dead for awhile. If these are his remains, it's unlikely we are ever going to know much about what really happened.
When she was said to be missing, the wife and I both said boyfriend at the same time. When she was found the wife said I bet he choked her, I said blunt force trauma. All the rest if they find out or not we are likely to use the remote to move on to more interesting. I find most things like tragedy of this sort just dark and limit consumption.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,454
Is there anything left for the authorities to screw up in this investigation?



Asked a different way, what will happen tomorrow?
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #5
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,262
well, hopefully there is DNA that confirms and not an animal or another victim.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 08:45 PM   #6
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Is there anything left for the authorities to screw up in this investigation?



Asked a different way, what will happen tomorrow?

Don't know where it was but federal marshals raided a guy's motel room on a tip, hand cuffed him and took him outside in his underwear claimed his ear had a notch in it like Laundrie's and didn't let him go till they found he had no tattoos that matched Laundrie. The picture shows a guy with a full head of hair that covered his ears. First Laundrie was last seen bald and has obvious advanced male pattern baldness in spite of being in his early 20's. Even if he could grow a full head of hair no way could he go from slick bald to hair that long in the time he had vanished. I noticed that immediately when I saw the guy's picture, those cops were not too bright.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #7
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Don't know where it was but federal marshals raided a guy's motel room on a tip, hand cuffed him and took him outside in his underwear claimed his ear had a notch in it like Laundrie's and didn't let him go till they found he had no tattoos that matched Laundrie. The picture shows a guy with a full head of hair that covered his ears. First Laundrie was last seen bald and has obvious advanced male pattern baldness in spite of being in his early 20's. Even if he could grow a full head of hair no way could he go from slick bald to hair that long in the time he had vanished. I noticed that immediately when I saw the guy's picture, those cops were not too bright.

People need to seriously get over this idea that the government knows best. 99% of the time they are the stupidest bunch of clowns one can imagine. I heard today that they hadn't previously given this area a thorough search because the water was knee deep or even waist deep. Seriously? We missed the body because of knee deep water?


All of this of course is after we get passed the total WTF moment of finding out that he had just up and left the house. That the police had no idea until three days later when his parents called to say "Hey could you stop by, we haven't heard from junior in 3 days" Jesus Christ.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 09:11 PM   #8
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
People need to seriously get over this idea that the government knows best. 99% of the time they are the stupidest bunch of clowns one can imagine. I heard today that they hadn't previously given this area a thorough search because the water was knee deep or even waist deep. Seriously? We missed the body because of knee deep water?


All of this of course is after we get passed the total WTF moment of finding out that he had just up and left the house. That the police had no idea until three days later when his parents called to say "Hey could you stop by, we haven't heard from junior in 3 days" Jesus Christ.



I lived with the idea that to work for the government at any level you were held to high standards and the jobs were only for the best people. I lived with that fallacy till I was 15 years old and interacted with a government employee for the first time.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 09:15 PM   #9
tamaharbor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 203
And all politicians are government employees.
tamaharbor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2021, 10:09 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 48,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I lived with the idea that to work for the government at any level you were held to high standards and the jobs were only for the best people. I lived with that fallacy till I was 15 years old and interacted with a government employee for the first time.
It’s almost always a system of patronage or nepotism.

Brothers and sisters and cousins running amok.

Even at the State level.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 12:17 AM   #11
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If these are his remains, it's unlikely we are ever going to know much about what really happened.
I know what happened. Everyone knows what happened.
__________________
“I don’t hate Donald Trump. I hate you for voting for him, for not having intelligence.”

Howard Stern
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 07:29 PM   #12
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,196
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #13
MargieRose
Registered User
 
MargieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,678
__________________
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 09:56 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 72,990
I've literally paid 0 attention to this story, other than whatever was posted here, which I basically have to read since I am technically the moderator...lol

Why are people fascinated with this stuff?
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 10:56 PM   #15
MargieRose
Registered User
 
MargieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I've literally paid 0 attention to this story, other than whatever was posted here, which I basically have to read since I am technically the moderator...lol

Why are people fascinated with this stuff?
Don't you love a mystery? For those who do, especially women, it may be "related to survival."
__________________
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Vote NOW!
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.