Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-04-2021, 11:06 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Charm City Schooling

This is some story.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...op-half-class/
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2021, 11:33 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Liberals achieving greatness.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:54 PM   #3
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The least of it. This mother never deserved to have children.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
My parents didn't have much money. They got married after eloping at 19 and 18. My Dad was an electrician in a shipyard in Baltimore and my Mom raised my brothers and I at home (she later became a nurse). My Dad worked overtime every chance he could, also tended bar and/or drove a cab. Those were not safe jobs in Baltimore. He was often laid off or on strike. Many times he collected unemployment.

We did without a lot of things. The main reason he did all that was 100% so my parents didn't have to send us to Baltimore Public Schools. My parents are both gone now, but I'll never forget what they did for us and it made all the difference in the outcome of my life. They knew, even then, the schools were terrible. I graduated almost 40 years ago. This isn't anything new.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 12:13 AM   #5
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
My parents didn't have much money. They got married after eloping at 19 and 18. My Dad was an electrician in a shipyard in Baltimore and my Mom raised my brothers and I at home (she later became a nurse). My Dad worked overtime every chance he could, also tended bar and/or drove a cab. Those were not safe jobs in Baltimore. He was often laid off or on strike. Many times he collected unemployment.

We did without a lot of things. The main reason he did all that was 100% so my parents didn't have to send us to Baltimore Public Schools. My parents are both gone now, but I'll never forget what they did for us and it made all the difference in the outcome of my life. They knew, even then, the schools were terrible. I graduated almost 40 years ago. This isn't anything new.
Your dad sounds like he was an awesome guy . Really awesome. (Exclamation)

But there's no excuse for a public school system to be as horrible as what I just read. Baltimore is far from the only ISD that is broken. Things have to change.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 12:22 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
The least of it. This mother never deserved to have children.
Not talking about the mother.

Talking about the school. As if it's not dominated by liberal Democrats.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:22 AM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

I still miss him. Loved hearing about his life and your family. He was the real deal old school family man. He loved to brag on his kids too.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 01:46 AM   #8
TJDave

Quote:
Not talking about the mother.
Should be. With involved parenting kids regularly overcome poor schools. Without it there is no chance. Blaming schools/teachers is passing the buck.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Should be. With involved parenting kids regularly overcome poor schools. Without it there is no chance. Blaming schools/teachers is passing the buck.

How 'bout schools becoming involved in their work of real education instead of teachers just showing up to collect a paycheck?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:12 AM   #10
tucker6

Quote:
I would be more in agreement with you that the mother bears the major portion of the responsibility if more than one parent/teacher conference was requested and then that one meeting was canceled by the teacher. The mother likely knows a lot of what was going on with her son but for the school to send him back to 9th grade without attempting corrective action first is my main problem. If you wouldn't fire an employee without trying corrective action, why would you demote a kid without the same processes. You have to admit the school district failed this kid every bit as much as the mother and maybe moreso.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Remember back in the day when we had truant officers? lul

Oh, sorry...that must have been some sort of WHITE PRIVILEGE...my bad.

Or is this whole thing the result of liberal bullshit that made actually holding kids responsible and punishing the shit out of them when they ****ed up....a crime.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #12
proximity

three years of a solid d average could skyrocket his class rank and earn him a senator john blutarsky scholarship at faber college...... especially with all the talk about eliminating biased standardized tests. i'd go back to the 9th grade!!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #13
TJDave

Quote:
Remember back in the day when we had truant officers? lul
Yes, they were called concerned parents.

Remember back in the day when there was a thing called the PTA?

Remember back in the day when a single parent was a rarity?
Old 03-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yes, they were called concerned parents.

Remember back in the day when there was a thing called the PTA?

Remember back in the day when a single parent was a rarity?
Look, I'll be the first to blame bad parenting in cases like this.

But when you read the article, how are you not disgusted by the school system there? Do they not share a good portion of the blame?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I would be more in agreement with you that the mother bears the major portion of the responsibility if more than one parent/teacher conference was requested and then that one meeting was canceled by the teacher.
So what happened THEN? Did she press for another conference? Did she file a complaint with the school administration?

She has no clue. Did you listen to the interview? Unable to conjugate “to do”. No business being a mother.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: