Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #31
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
Whole card without cashing a ticket? Tracks should have a consolation prize for that! Lol. I love the betting action at Gulfstream and can’t wait to go in January. BTW I’m looking into hotels now and having some challenges coming up with where to stay. Usually it’s been Hollywood Beach or Sunny Isles. My uncle and his buddies use to love to stay at Knights Inn in Hallendale. He would say it was a decent place and always under 100 bucks a night. I stayed once and was like WTF. These guys easily bet 200 a race but el cheapos like to eat and room up like they have beer bottle pockets.

I had friends in town last week and they stayed here... Brand NEW. It was open two weeks at the time, very nice for a wyndham. Free breakfast.. hot breakfast too.

5 miles from the track.
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...-port/overview

January is high season so the days of $100 are limited. in this same area are two dozen "motels" you're not going to find on Expedia etc.. You might have to drill into Google to locate a decent one. Some of these you check-in through bullet proof glass like the Motels near The Meadowlands in NJ.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #32
Suff
Beat up 💪

Audible

I went today and went down to saddling area to see Audible. They did NOT take them out to the walking ring so this was as close as I got.

Rick Pitino had the table two down from us. I said hello + a Celtics Shout Out. It looked like he was in action because I saw him flipping the TV from Tampa to NYRA all day. He was with a bunch of friends chasing the pick 6.

[

I said hello to Sol Kumin as well. What a Gentleman and friendly person he is. Class act.

We went up the ladder , outside in a finish line booth today. $500 a day for these things! $27,000 for annual rental.

The guy on the far left is Pete Bournias, Former North East Director of the Jockey Guild before the 2001 hostile take over by Chris McCarron and Wayne Gertmenian. Pete's in Florida with me for the week. If any old friends want his #, please message me.

Last edited by Suff; 12-15-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #33
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

THAT was Awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

You had an amazing time brother.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #34
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
It was sponsored by TOBA https://toba.org/.

Dan Metzger and Meredith Downey hosted and both are good souls and fun people.

There was another participant who I overhead talking to Joe about 4 horse's he had in Ocala. It sounds like he did bring them down.

The event was great. Tom Amoss was the lunch guest/host and he's a first class gentleman.
Yes they arrived last Thursday.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #35
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
I went today and went down to saddling area to see Audible. They did NOT take them out to the walking ring so this was as close as I got.

Rick Pitino had the table two down from us. I said hello + a Celtics Shout Out. It looked like he was in action because I saw him flipping the TV from Tampa to NYRA all day. He was with a bunch of friends chasing the pick 6.

[
You take good pictures. Castellano getting a leg up onto Audible for the Harlans Holiday.

I can't F@%! believe that I 'cancelled' my pick-3 with that Chicago shipper Sir Anthony. Definitely needed a dream-trip to win, but Audible never really fired...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: