Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-15-2023, 12:32 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nikki Haley...psycho dictator?

Old 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I agree with the having to use your real name and be traceable.

Anf Tik Tok should be outright banned.

But I have no use for her.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:59 PM   #3
Tor Ekman

So says the woman who conveniently does not use her own real name: "Nimarata" . . . which suitably sounds like what she is, a real Nimrod
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
Bustin Stones

Sounds like you're a big fan of purveyors of misinformation. I know the ACLU would love to see those social media algorithms. It's also naive to think Russians aren't posting to social media to influence our elections.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2023, 01:22 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

With the way some Democrats are these days if you do not align with how they think you could put yourself, friends and family in danger if they knew who you were. I know one personally that takes things personal if you rip on one of her beloved politicians, but she posses a danger to no one, and guns give her the creeps. Look at our own Cliff Clavin, he got all wound up over people bad mouthing Capitol police projecting all these positive attributes even on the ones who embarrassed themselves under duress. I don't think he is dangerous either, but what if someone like that was mentally unhinged?
I always like Mitt Romney and had a recently passed customer who was related to him through marriage. Most Republicans here don't like Mitt and I don't get all worked up when that is mentioned.

Also doxxing could lead a person to lose a job or business, especially if your views don't align with your employer or customers. My ex-girlfriend said I should not be getting in political arguments in OT on a site where I have existing customers and still bid on posted work. My reply to that was I never had a customer I discussed politics with end up being a lefty. Now if I was on a site for people who build sets in Hollywood and that was my business I might tend to not shoot myself in the wallet by revealing my political leanings.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Sounds like you're a big fan of purveyors of misinformation. I know the ACLU would love to see those social media algorithms. It's also naive to think Russians aren't posting to social media to influence our elections.

I honestly think anyone that is influenced on how to vote by social media is living proof to my claim to whomever can reel in the largest bulk of stupid people wins most elections. Stupid people vote for candidates on both sides of the aisle, but I believe TDS has driven more people on the left to lose their minds. Some of the comments I read on MSN are solid proof.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:58 PM   #7
xtb

The first thing she does, not seal the border or do something about fentanyl, but verify everyone on social media with real names. I guess that would be the end of PaceAdvantage.
Old 11-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I agree with the having to use your real name and be traceable.

Anf Tik Tok should be outright banned.

But I have no use for her.

Should we also have to provide an address and phone number so the lunatics can hunt us down?
Old 11-15-2023, 02:33 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Should we also have to provide an address and phone number so the lunatics can hunt us down?
Exactly.

I love how there are actually some on here IN FAVOR of ANYONE in power knowing you're saying bad things about them online (especially TRUTHFUL bad things) and being able to know who you are BY LAW.

No abuse of power there could happen...just like election rigging is a figment of imagination....

The PRICE OF FREEDOM is, GOD FORBID, you might be exposed to a lie posted online.

Snowflake much?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-15-2023 at 02:34 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

I had partial business information on my personal page, on a website that was for manufacturing owners, management and workers. I did get work from the job bid section and developed many long term business relationships. Through the link you could get my phone number but not my address, some asswipe and I am pretty sure I knew who it was, a retired UAW worker I battled with in off topic who was worse than Mostpost with making up lies about people, claiming intellectual superiority to people he was inferior to etc,etc.

He ends up using my phone number and posts Craiglists ads claiming I had scrap metal free for the hauling, he cropped pictures off the internet showing a lot of valuable scrap, for an example old copper pipe that a plumber would tear out of a house on a full re-pipe would yield 50# per house and up at $2.50-$3.00 a pound. There was some story about no longer being able to do the clean-up and the scrap was the payment. The pictures added up to a mix
that would have been an average dump truck load or 4 runs with a full sized truck with an 8 foot bed. It was a mix of construction demolition, scrapping out machinery, and machine shop drops. On a guess at 10 cents a pound for the steel and up to $3 a pound for the copper it was worth about $5k which a two man crew with a skid steer and a dump truck could have hauled off in a long day. A pick up and a forklift two men a couple days. There are places that will drop a forklift or skid steer at a location and retrieve it.

I of course once the calls and texts were pouring in I canceled the Craigslist adds, they were very cooperative. The phone and texts did not stop for weeks. I politely answered all of them as it was not the caller's fault, and disconnecting the phone was not an option as it was a long held business number and some customers only order every few years.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:39 PM   #11
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Exactly.

I love how there are actually some on here IN FAVOR of ANYONE in power knowing you're saying bad things about them online (especially TRUTHFUL bad things) and being able to know who you are BY LAW.

No abuse of power there could happen...just like election rigging is a figment of imagination....

The PRICE OF FREEDOM is, GOD FORBID, you might be exposed to a lie posted online.

Snowflake much?
To clarify, is she a "psycho dictator" because she accuses social media companies of having too much power to limit free speech and wants them to limit foreign govts from anonymously spreading disinformation? Or is it because your solutions are superior to hers?
Old 11-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
To clarify, is she a "psycho dictator" because she accuses social media companies of having too much power to limit free speech and wants them to limit foreign govts from anonymously spreading disinformation? Or is it because your solutions are superior to hers?
It's because she wants to know the real name of everyone on social media.

a) how you gonna do that? Have the Fed Gov't take over social media companies?

b) What is social media? I guess this website counts too...

Are you people for real?

Say what you want about Trump, but even HE wouldn't be this stupid to suggest something like this.

But just imagine for a second if he had...IMAGINE the articles written and the posts made here...psycho dictator would be JUST THE BEGINNING of the criticisms...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-15-2023 at 03:45 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2023, 03:51 PM   #13
xtb

I predict this will be the end for Nikki Haley. She showed her true colors, buh bye.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:22 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
No, but that info MUST be available, not for public use but for security purposes.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:49 PM   #15
Bustin Stones

PA is a social media platform? In who's fantasy? You could advocate the overthrow of the US and it wouldn't even appear as a blip to the FBI. OK maybe as an inside joke.